New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was crossing at the pedestrian crossing between SM The Block and the old Super Sale Club building.

The guard had signalled all vehicles to stop. As we were crossing, a blue scooter suddenly pops up from in between the stopped cars and almost hits a guy carrying lots of grocery bags.

Medyo nainis ako and nasigawan ko yung naka-scooter: "[expletive] nasa tawiran na nga ng tao, eh!"

I don't know if he heard me (naka-helmet, eh) but behind me was an old lady guiding a shopping cart (the cart was behind her, she was pulling on it as her companion was pushing). She told the scooter guy: "Sandali lang tumatawid pa po."

Instead of stopping, scooter guy suddenly takes off almost hitting the old lady. Sheesh...hindi naman siguro aabot ng limang oras yung pagtawid nung matandang babae.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Somebody should have taught the old lady to use the "clothesline"

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    speaking of 2 wheelers, di ba nakakabahala na mga motorcycles ngayon, look at how they swerve in our roads, akala mo na they are running in 4 tires. tapos pag nsa intersection stoplight naiipon sila sa harap ng pedestrian na para bang ayaw na magpatawid tapos ambagal pa mag go kapag green light na. ang badtrip pa minsan kahit nakasignal ka na na kakanan ka sa side street tutuloy pa din na kala niya na bala siya at kaya ka niya maunahan. madalas naman kapag nakatraffic, singit sila ng singit tapos pagaandar ka na biglang magsswerve sa harap mo at kapag minalas malas ka madadali ka niya or mo siya. tapos sa batas natin( pls corect me if i'm wrong) the driver with the bigger vehicle is at fault kahit minsan na obvious na sila ang may kasalanan. nakakainis lang, dati naman di sila ganyan. bakit kaya di gumawa ng batas na gaya ng sa ibang bansa, na sa isa or dalawang lane lang sila. ano ba hinihintay ng mga pulitiko dahil ba paisa-isa lang namamatay sa aksidente ng motorcyle kaya ok lang di gaya ng bigger vehicles na more than 2 namamatay kapag may accident kaya may batas agad para iregulate tyo. tsk tsk tsk..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    oo nga e, parang kabute na bigla na lang susulpot

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Damn those scooter/motorcycle/pedicab drivers!! I hate 'em! Feeling nila sila ang may-ari ng kalsada, singit na lang ng singit!!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dito rin andaming barumbadong scooter/underbone/tricycle driver. Halos araw-araw may mga nadidisgrasya sa kanila marami din namatay sa kayabangan nila.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'm a biker / car driver. I do hate bikes & cars who drive recklessly.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    I agree

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    oo nga e, parang kabute na bigla na lang susulpot
    Mahilig sila sumingit sa harapan ng sasakyan kaya imbes na may space ka pa para sa braking distance sa sinusundan mo na vehicle eh mapapadiin pa sa preno at pagnatumbok mo sila ikaw pa ang may kasalanan at sila pa galit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    +1.

Not to single out all scooter/underbone/tricycle drivers, as there are a handful of careful, conscientious and considerate ones, but there are indeed a lot of these guys with Evil Knievel antics out there who are accidents just waiting to happen. And as 170kphlang mentioned, whatever happens, they, being the smaller vehicle, will turn out to be the victim once in an accident with a car.

Yes there are a lot of reckless car drivers out there. But with the traffic during most part of the day, these guys on 2 (and 3) wheels come out with their stunts in droves, and are more visible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Scooter in SM North Edsa