New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This morning, I brought my family to Megamall for our weekly bonding/malling. Fortunately, Brazil Jui-Juitsu Phil. Championship was on-going during that time. I told my wife and kids na they can leave me there at 3rd floor (Bldg A) and come back when they are finished buying their things.

To make this short, while watching the on-going Jui-Juitsu rounds I was asked by a tall brown guy if I am a Thailander (I am a chinese tisoy), when I said no, he told me he is a Thailander and began speaking in broken but clear English. When I entertained him he touched the guy at his back and introduced him to me as a Doctor. The doctor started talking to me in good english and explained to me that he is a businessman and trying to put up another branch here in the Phils. I told me him that he was talking to wrong person because I have no knowledge in business (maybe akala nya dahil chinese looking ako ay businessman din ako). But he insisted and tried to explain to me that he is looking for partner here in Phils. Then I answered that since they are not Filipinos then they need to undergo several procedures before they can put up a business here in Phils. and at that time my youngest kid approached me and the 2 guys just simply backed-out and the "doctor" immediately went to the cinema area and the "brown" guy followed him.

When we reached home my eldest son told me he took our pics using his new mobile. I saw my wife and the other 2 kids at the other side of 3rd floor railing. My wife thought that the brown guy was one of the real estate sales person in the Mall; he was even carrying a bulky folder.

MY RESERVATIONS REGARDING THESE 2 GUYS:

I used to work in Abu Dhabi for several years and worked with thailanders in offshore. I greeted the "brown" guy with thailander greetings and he didn't answered back. Why?

The "brown" guy speaks clear but broken English, anybody can do that but to imitate a Thailander accent is difficult (if you're not a Thailander) and believe me you need to listen carefully to any Thailander before you can understand their English because their accent is somewhat the same with Ilocano accent (no offence to Ilocano; my father is an Ilocano).

The "brown" guy didn't introduce himself.

He introduced the other guy as Doctor ___.

Both of them didn't bothered to show any identification papers.

Why fishing for a business partner in a Mall, with person watching a Jui-juitsu championships?

When my youngest son arrived; both of them immediately backed-out and didn't even say any farewell business salutations such as "pleasure to meet you", etc..

IT'S UP TO YOU GUYS. I AM JUST SHARING MY EXPERIENCE HERE. I DON'T WANT TO JUDGE THESE 2 BUT EVERYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO HIS OWN OPINION.

SHARING IS CARING.....
    Last edited by welscua; March 9th, 2009 at 12:47 AM.

tandaan mo nalang ang itsura...buti nga may pics,e... baka nakita nila ung pag pikture kaya umalis..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds like a variation of the good-old Nigerian email scam.

Good thing your internal scam sense was alerting you.

anyways...ganda ng cam phone a! sa pic palang makikitya na shot from the parallel side..ung kabilang side ng "butas" sa gitna...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The way you described them, they're probably con men. Their reaction when your family members started arriving is very suspicious. Apparently, they expected you to be alone... easier to invite to a "friendly" chat over at a coffee house or something more sinister as to invite you to visit their "place of business"... where they'll rob you to your underwear.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Scam....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    CheAP ScAMMER

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, scum-filled scam....

Buti, walang attempt to hypnotize.....

7606:mobile1:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Luckily my son was toying with his grad. gift na cam-phone kaya nakunan kami. Akala siguro ng 2 na since I am chinese looking ay I am filthy rich, hehehe.... di nila alam more than 3 years pa ang balance ko sa GL ko.

Actually, may isa pang shot pero I think 1 pic is more than enough.....

Nakakainis lang ay ang ganda ng laban ng jui-juitsu ng time na yun, between I think a foreigner and a local guy and in heavyweight category yata. Di ko nakita kung sino nanalo.

SHARING IS CARING.....
    Last edited by welscua; March 9th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    definitely a SCAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scam or no scam? You decide....