New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's unbelievable how some people could be so BASTOS on the road. I just came from the mall today and traffic in the parking lot was really bad. Trafiic at Park square I was stop and go. As I was hanging in between level 8 and 7, I noticed a gray mazda 323 that couldn't move from where he was because cars didn't want to give way. I decided to give way and since the mazda had light tint, the driver gestured his hands to me saying thank you. I felt really good since drivers rarely acknowledge these things anymore. Little did I know that my feel good minute would last for only less than a minute.

At the back of the mazda that I gace way to was a beige camry with a RUDE OLD LADY driving it. Since traffic was supposed to be MERGING, it's common sense that I should come after the mazda but I was really surprised when she moved her car forward signalling that she should come after the mazda. She moved her car forward at if I was at fault for trying to come next to the mazda!!! I got really pissed so I didn't give way to her. DI BA NIYA NAKITA NA ANG DAMI PA SA LIKOD KO AT HANGING KAMING LAHAT. DI BA NIYA ALAM NA ALTERNATE ANG PAG-MERGE! Nakipagitgitan pa (we were side to side) until we reached the curve na pa-hanging na ulit. Since I was near the gutter, she took advantage of the wide opening at Sinaksak yung camry niya sa outer curve! Pwede ko pa siya sanang gitgitan but for some reason I felt like she had or gun basta ibang klase yung asta/yabang niya. One reason was because I was afraid that the lady in the camry would bump the grey mazda in front of her. She was really intent on not letting me get ahead of her kasi.

The story doesn't end there. When we were hanging in between level 7 and 6, she pissed off another gray city kasi sinaksak ulit niya yung car niya ng biglaan eh na late lang ng abante yung city. At that instance it was the honda city that had the advantage of the wider space/outer lane so he went around at inunahan ulit yung camry. Nung pabayad naman sa cashier may inunahan ulit siyang Honda CRV at binright din siya ng matagal.

I didn't take my eyes off her car from Pasay road until EDSA. As I was about to turn right going south, I glanced at her and saw her picking her nose!

Imagine, she drove for just several meters and she managed to piss off several cars! Somehow I am glad that I didn't let the matter escalate into something grave. Ever since I encountered a drug addict on the road that got into a road rage with me, I've become extremely careful. Yung nag road rage nga sakin napagtrippan lang ako, what more of she encounters an addict that she pisses off intentionally. Sana lang wag siyang makahanap ng katapat niya dahil baka hindi lang bright lights at busina ang abutin niya.

Naisip ko na lang na CLUELESS siguro siya sa courtesy unlike yung madza grey na nakasabay ko pa until Magallanes eh ang bait bait mag drive!

I just want your advise on how I could keep myself cool when encountering these types of drivers. I read in one post that the guy just bursts into laughter. Sadly, I cannot make myself laugh on queue. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sorry for all the typos. First thing that I did was to post this message as soon as I got home. Didn't have the chance to fine tune it anymore.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    also encountered a lady around 40++ years old in a nissan elite cefiro, driving recklessly. i was turning left into gen. kalentong and the jeepney gave way for me to turn left. so i turned and all of a sudden there was this gray cefiro almost sideswipes me. honks her horn as if she owns the road, then as she blew pass me, she almost sideswipes a motorcycle waiting for his turn to turn left in to a small street. so i just followed the idiot cefiro and with in 2 kms. she managed to bully her way through around 10 cars and jeepneys, swerte nya at di sya sinabitan nung jeep. last i saw her before i turned right, nagpreno sabay kabig pakaliwa, buti naka preno yung taxi kundi wasak driver's door nya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Old lady ba kamo? Pagpasensyahan mo na Ma'm Cathy, anyway malapit na syang kunin ni Lord...........

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    pasensiyahan mo na lang yung amoy lupang matanda

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    you were right by not letting the matter escalate further....sad but true these incidents happens because majority of Filipino drivers are really ignorant when it comes to driving (majority resorte to grease money when getting a license)...I also encountered a lot of these instances...of course you'll get pissed off but come to think of it...it's not worth our time to argue with these kind of drivers...like what you said...someday he/she will meet his/her match out there one day....they will learn their lesson the hard way by then

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Not that old. Mid 40s to early 50s siguro. Old enough to be my mother but acts like a MAANGAS teen-ager.

Kanina nga iniisip ko, sana binangga ko na lang para magasgasan yung bago niyang Camry. (Kaso naisip ko rin wala ako pambayad. Mapapagalitan lang ako ng Mommy ko) hehe. I'm surprised that her car has no scratches considering her driving style. Okay na rin siguro na hindi nag-escalate kasi baka asawa yun ng militar, police or politician. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Masyado pa siyang bata para kunin ni Lord. hehe. Until now inis na inis pa rin ako. Di ko alam how to calm myself down kaya nagbabasa na lang ako ng old threads sa goon squad. Apparently marami talagang bastos na drivers sa Pilipinas. Yung iba ang gaganda pa ng kotse wala namang modo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ganyan din ako minsan pag meron nakasabay na bad driver.
    distract mo nalang sarili mo - watch a movie, drink, eat, drink/eat some more , and sleep.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Cathy, so sorry to hear about this

I pity her attitude towards other motorists/people. If that's the way how she treats others, imagine how she must be a big nuisance to her own family. And I also pity her own family because they have the burden of having to live with her everyday!

If it's any consolation, let's just be glad that we aren't like her

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
RUDE Old Lady in a Beige Camry Z*H-6*8