New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kaka awa naman yung driver..pero dapat lahat tayo mag iingat at always defensive driving lang..mahirap makipagsubukan ng head on..yung driver siguro ng suv d kabisado and daan at malamang naenganyong humataw dahil suv dala nya,sa discription kasi ng driver eh magpreno pa man yung suv wala rin syang pupuntahan dahil panay bus inovertakan nya..wrong move talaga..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sabi sa news, 3 bus daw ang in-overtake-an nya bago siya sumalpok head on sa kasalubong?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nakulong kahit di siya ang may kasalanan, kawawa naman. Yan na nga lang hanapbuhay niya.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sa bowling .. yan ang strike!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    with today's modern powerful SUV's many drivers feel they are invincible, just last night i almost had a head on collision with a red strada(new body) with MAYOR plates in front. this was about 8:30 pm

if you are familiar with m. paterno road in san juan. it has 2 hills coming from n. domingo. towards santolan. i came from santolan. and was about to go up the first rise when i sensed that the lights on the top of the road was a bit bright. so i slowed down to a full stop and turned my lights bright and behold a jeep on the correct lane and the !d!ot strada trying to over take at the foot of the hill on my lane.

he even had the balls to honk his horn at me and turn his lights bright, when he was about 3 meters in front of me.

if the strada group here knows the owner tell him be careful hope he doesn't end up like the everest as G liner buses sometimes pass thru there too.

didn't get to read his rear plates as he zoomed by my side by about a foot.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    with today's modern powerful SUV's many drivers feel they are invincible, just last night i almost had a head on collision with a red strada(new body) with MAYOR plates in front. this was about 8:30 pm

if you are familiar with m. paterno road in san juan. it has 2 hills coming from n. domingo. towards santolan. i came from santolan. and was about to go up the first rise when i sensed that the lights on the top of the road was a bit bright. so i slowed down to a full stop and turned my lights bright and behold a jeep on the correct lane and the !d!ot strada trying to over take at the foot of the hill on my lane.

he even had the balls to honk his horn at me and turn his lights bright, when he was about 3 meters in front of me.

if the strada group here knows the owner tell him be careful hope he doesn't end up like the everest as G liner buses sometimes pass thru there too.

didn't get to read his rear plates as he zoomed by my side by about a foot.
    Did you see a strada club sticker on his rear windshield? If he has, pls pm me his plate number.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    to beni23 : nope didn't have the chance to look as i was blinded by his bright lights so when i looked back i was seeing spots. was hoping your group knows him so you can lecture him on proper overtaking.

if he's not a member of your group... it's ok and thank you for your help, just wanted to share

have been bullied so many times by big new SUV's since i drive a small vitara.
    Last edited by impulzz; June 2nd, 2012 at 12:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    On another note, PhilStar classified the Ford Everest as a VAN in its article. Chalk one up again to media ignorance.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Four wheels... three rows of seats... was it four-wheel drive? Nope... Van is about right.

-

This is something I was discussing with the emergency preparedness trainers while we were driving up north... Always honk your horn a few times before going through a blind curve or long sweeper (I do)... to let people on the other side of the curve know you're coming. Because there are a dad-blamed lot of idiots who don't understand what double-yellow lines are.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Most probably hindi kabisado ang daan.

Sa gabi mas safe umovertake sa blind curve compared sa umaga, patayin molang headlight mo kita mona kaagad kungmay kasalubong. Minsan pagbibigyan kapa ng byaherong bus na inoovertakan mo, gawain din nila yang pagpatay ng headlight to signal if clear.

Sa riles ng tren kung dmo din kabisado mabibigla ka, delapidated narin kasi ang railroad crossing signs.

kailan pa naging safe mag overtake sa blind spot?..at kailan pa naging safe mag patay ng headlight sa gabi?

ang pinaka safe na paraan...ay mag stay ka sa lane mo...kung blind curve yan most probably may solid line yan..
    Last edited by ozcity; June 2nd, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
RORO Bus and Ford Everest Road Mishap