New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I dont know if this thread suits Goon squad.

I saw the news last night regarding the accident between a RORO bus and Ford Everest in Quezon province, Investigators said that the Everest counter-flowed traffic in order to overtake vehicles on a blind curve. Because of that its a head-on collision with the approaching RORO bus, all the passengers of the SUV were dead. The driver of the bus got imprisoned.

Which made me think, if im the bus driver its like being in the right place at the wrong time. Im at no fault but still i'll be imprisoned for the death of 4 people because of the stupidity of the SUV's driver.

Isn't it unfair? Is it a universal law around the world? wherein you got involved in an accident and the one who died is the cause of the accident still you will be liable?

Like when you hit a jaywalking pedestrian? or lets say at NLEX wherein no pedestrian is allowed to cross loiter etc.

Last example is those suicidal motorcylce drivers, most of the time the one inside the cage is always at fault.

I think they should ammend that law whatever law that is.

just my 2 cents.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ There will still be a case sir because of the deaths but obviously the driver will not be liable. 24 hours lang siya i-detain at pagkatapos noon puwede na rin naman palayain afaik.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    SOP in the Philippines. If you're driving the bigger vehicle in an accident, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Which is why unlicensed motorcycle riders are so brazen... because whatever happens, they're not at fault... according to the law...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Googled and saw this vid:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    those Roro buses are quite unlucky. i remember one of those buses also was involved in an accident along Star tollway killing 2 passengers when the driver fell asleep on the wheel 2 weeks ago.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    yung jaywalking pedestrian, liable pa rin talaga ang driver since hindi naman sasakyan yung binangga mo. kaya doble ingat na lang.

meron din ako napanood sa news na yung motor nag counterflow tapos yung driver ng bus ang nakakulong? di ko rin maintindhan yun.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    SOP in the Philippines. If you're driving the bigger vehicle in an accident, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Which is why unlicensed motorcycle riders are so brazen... because whatever happens, they're not at fault... according to the law...
    Yes, that is indeed the problem with that law. You still need to prove your innocence even if its obvious its the other party that's at fault.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solid line = no overtaking

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ There will still be a case sir because of the deaths but obviously the driver will not be liable. 24 hours lang siya i-detain at pagkatapos noon puwede na rin naman palayain afaik.
    I do hope he'll be freed, kaso homicide nga daw ikakaso sa kanya. i pity the driver.. Ang the sad part madali ka madiin pag may namatay, isama mo pa na mahirap ka at ang nabangga mo is mayaman. Walang areglo yan malamang.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

2 weeks ago, got involved in an accident with a motorcycle major damage inabot ng oto ko. FYI Kasalanan ng motor, he got injured pa. Hindi na nga ako binayaran, pinagamot ko pa. WTF! diba?

Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    yung jaywalking pedestrian, liable pa rin talaga ang driver since hindi naman sasakyan yung binangga mo. kaya doble ingat na lang.

meron din ako napanood sa news na yung motor nag counterflow tapos yung driver ng bus ang nakakulong? di ko rin maintindhan yun.
    example ko dyan is lets say sa SLEX/NLEX/SKYWAY ka and there is a maxmimum and minimum speed limit, being a law abiding citizen sinunod mo yun average speed. Then bigla may tao ka nasagasaan. Paano na?

Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    solid line = no overtaking
    Seems like a lot of drivers out there hindi alam yan. Hello jeepneys!

Ngayon asan ang hustisya?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Hassl lang talaga sa driver pero malaking company naman RORO, hopefully may legal assistance din sa kanya.

Yung solid yellow line na yan, kanina muntik din ako. Hilux na 4x4 D4D nag-overtake kahit na tag-ulan, buti maluwang daan at madali maka-adjust. tsk tsk tsk. Kopal lang talaga iba eh.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
RORO Bus and Ford Everest Road Mishap