New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Rant lang guys.

After the election natuwa ako, akala ko mababawasan na ang road reblocking / wasak ng daan.

Lalo ata dumami ngayon, on my usual route 80% ata hinuhukay and majority of these roads are maayos pa.

ang epekto traffic, wala pa nga pasok mga students. what more kung pasukan na.

i can't think of any logical reason why do we need to destroy a good paved road tapos sesementuhin lang din.

can anyone shed a light for me to understand.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    they're given a set budget every year

they have to spend it or they'll get a smaller budget the following year

that's why they have to keep finding ways to spend all that money

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the case of some roads, pina-hold lang ang reblocking until after elections because it's bad for the image of the politico seeking reelection. I'm sure of this because our excavation permit for the water lines in one project was put on hold for so long because the mayor wanted no diggings during election. The irritating issue is if they (the LGU) frakking granted all the permits that were applied for on time instead of dilly-dallying (hint hint), we could have excavated and added the needed water lines with MWSS even BEFORE they started reblocking the road (taena, we started the project and applying for the necessary permits over a year before they even did the reblocking).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Coordinating these road work is just too complicated for the folks at city hall to do. So they don't. They just let the contractors work at it one at a time. Which is also why you have a perfectly fine road with a lamppost in the middle of it!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    yan daw ung ROADWAY TO HELL hehehe,

asan na ba si MMDA tolentino, bakit hindi sha nag-react sa ganitong gawain sa Gov.?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kung kailangan gastusin yung budget, bakit hindi nila gawin yung mga sirang sira na daan?

Eh dito samin, Del Monte at Quezon Avenue, bagong aspalto lang last year yun, kinaskas na naman...

Samantala yung D.Tuazon dito samin, tadtad na ng lubak hindi man lang maayos ayos.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    What I find really annoying is how most contractors do a shoddy job at repaving what was a perfectly-good road before. Take for example the entry ramp to West Service Road which I have to pass daily. It was alright last year. Maynilad excavated it and their contractors repaved it unevenly. Then a few months later, they dug up the road again but this time, they didn't even bother to reseal the asphalt so there is now a small portion of just gravel.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the bottomline is money. i have dealt with government agencies before on a national and local level.

nakabudget na yan for the year and pag hindi nagamit ang budget, it goes back to the national coffers. so the local politicians think that instead of putting it back into the taxpayers bin, gamitin na lang nila... and kikita pa sila.
    imagine if may at least 10% si mayor dyan..... at billions of pesos, it can easily rake millions.

and what if in your district or locality, may dalawa o tatlong roads na pwedeng ipagawa maski ok pa..... so triple the millions.....

daming nakikinabang dyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    yan daw ung ROADWAY TO HELL hehehe,

asan na ba si MMDA tolentino, bakit hindi sha nag-react sa ganitong gawain sa Gov.?
    DPWH or the local government does not directly coordinate with MMDA on this. Parati ngang nagbabangaan ang MMDA and DPWH pagdating sa mga major thoroughfare repairs eh.

while MMDA is more concerned on the traffic and management of NCR's resources, DPWH's mandate is the creation and improvement of roads and bridges.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    So DPWH and LGUs ang nakikinabang sa mga reblocking na yan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast