New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From FB...

Shot this sundown at the Roxas Blvd and Airport Rd intersection and I hope the following speculations are yet to be proven wrong. Crossing fingers.

First of all, keep in mind, IF these gentlemen ARE carpenters or workers, then why is the passenger wielding a hammer in such a manner to strike anything as planned which explains not having the handyman's tool in a bag? Are these men up to something which would later explain such?

Imagine this, at a stop along the boulevard, you're on your phone while at a stop, and your car window suddenly cracks or even crumbles...whatever happens next clearly would be anything but pleasant.

I hope that this photo would or could lead our authorities toward finding these gentlemen IF and ONLY IF, the news had any unfortunate incident involving a hammer. Sana naman hinde.

#martilyogang??

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Well at least clear ung plate number and body color ng motor, so if any incident like that happens, here's your number 1 suspect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    So whats your take on this? Sa topgear nahusgahan na yan dalawang yan hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Well, lets look at it this way

1). Pinoys wearing helmet hmm... fishy. Pag isa baka pwede pa, pero dalawa sila may helmet e!! very fishy..
    2). Hammer lang, walang Saw or other tools? Bakit yun lang madalas naman may kasama yan, usually naka bag/tool box mga yan e.

yeah for me, may balak mga yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Innocent until proven guilty... But we all must take caution always. I think dark tints work well to discourage such possible hammer and grab incidents.

If he's gonna use the hammer, he would be holding it differently, IMO.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Di ba mahirap din kung martilyo lang at nakasakay pa? Yung quarter glass ko kasi noon more than 3 strikes din bago nabasag.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    My Pajero was parked in front of our restaurant and I was smoking 20 feet away when I noticed a middle aged guy suddenly peeked on my car's left passenger window. He went around and peeked on the driver side window. He was not carrying anything. 5 seconds later, a motorcycle stopped and the guy rode on the back and left.

I agree that dark tints work well to discourage such martilyo tactics especially when parked at night. But I think they also tend to choose what car to victimize since the guy did not peek on the other cars parked besides me.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty... But we all must take caution always. I think dark tints work well to discourage such possible hammer and grab incidents.

If he's gonna use the hammer, he would be holding it differently, IMO.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sa susunod nyan, magpasa na ng bill ang mga magagaling na lawmakers natin. Permit to carry a hammer!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Sa susunod nyan, magpasa na ng bill ang mga magagaling na lawmakers natin. Permit to carry a hammer!
    Sa Malaysia uso yan basag salamin gang may video pa nga yan e

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    My Pajero was parked in front of our restaurant and I was smoking 20 feet away when I noticed a middle aged guy suddenly peeked on my car's left passenger window. He went around and peeked on the driver side window. He was not carrying anything. 5 seconds later, a motorcycle stopped and the guy rode on the back and left.

I agree that dark tints work well to discourage such martilyo tactics especially when parked at night. But I think they also tend to choose what car to victimize since the guy did not peek on the other cars parked besides me.
    Agree on both. Most of the time they will veer away from anything that's not within easy reach. Tint is a good deterrent, for as long as you get to avoid the other pitfall of tint, which is carjacking naman.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast