The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Repair work on Edsa resumes, heavy traffic expected

By Jocelyn Uy
    Inquirer
    Last updated 09:12pm (Mla time) 01/06/2007

MANILA -- Motorists should expect heavy traffic on Edsa every weekend again as repair works on the main highway have resumed, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority said Saturday.

The Edsa rehabilitation project began in October and was temporarily halted in the second week of December so as not to worsen traffic snarls common leading to and during the Christmas and New Year holidays.

MMDA Traffic Operations Center Executive Director Angelito Vergel De Dios said the work, which would be following the same schedule -- from 10 p.m. Friday until 4 a.m. Monday -- would continue probably until February.

"I am not really sure when we will be finished but 70 percent of the work is done," he told the Inquirer on Saturday.

Motorists are advised to avoid these areas on Sunday: the north and southbound lanes of the North Road Rail Station near the North Avenue Depot; the northbound lane after the GMA-Kamuning flyover in Quezon City; Santolan near Gate 4 of Camp Aguinaldo, and the southbound lane of Edsa-Taft in Pasay City.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    start at 10pm Friday??? come on!!! there are still lots of vehicles at EDSA at this time...

i'm very much affected with this. game ko every friday ends at around 11pm. so start ng byahe from alabang to tarlac!... i will be traversing almost the whole stretch of EDSA!
    Last edited by claRkEnt; January 7th, 2007 at 06:24 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Walang epekto sa amin ito. Dito lang ang gimik namin sa tabi-tabi....

:starwars:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    start at 10pm Friday??? come on!!! there are still lots of vehicles at EDSA at this time...

i'm very much affected with this. game ko every friday ends at around 11pm. so start ng byahe from alabang to tarlac!... i will be traversing almost the whole stretch of EDSA!
    Actually, at 10 pm medyo maluwag na sa EDSA.

Tsaka yung game mo ends at 11 pm, right? Which means you'll hit the road at around 11:30 pm. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pwede ka din sa C5 dumaan then lusot sa Roosevelt. I welcome the traffic now at least pag ayos na mabilis na yun byahe.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Actually, at 10 pm medyo maluwag na sa EDSA.

Tsaka yung game mo ends at 11 pm, right? Which means you'll hit the road at around 11:30 pm. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    friday nights are gimik nights so medyo congested pa rin ang EDSA especially Guad area, Boni, Ortigas, Santolan, Cubao, at sa may SM West. With this added simultaneous works at different parts of EDSA, it would be heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    Pwede ka din sa C5 dumaan then lusot sa Roosevelt. I welcome the traffic now at least pag ayos na mabilis na yun byahe.
    sir, tyagain ko na lang trapik instead of taking a big risk sa C-5 sa kalaliman ng gabi. two months lang naman eh.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Walang epekto sa amin ito. Dito lang ang gimik namin sa tabi-tabi....

:starwars:
    same here

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as usual..traffic pa rin

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Cgurado trapik na naman yan.

OT:Meron pala akong nakitang open manhole sa may edsa nung pabalik na ako papuntang makati.Muntik na yung isang mitsubishi adventure buti na lang bigla niya kinabig pabalik sa first lane.Kaya ingat kayo mga taga tsikot.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Heavy traffic? I thought that's what EDSA had on regular days, so now you slow down to 3kmh from 5kmh.

Reminds me of when I was in the Philippines last November, my wife and I drive through SLEX and they have one lane closed for some repainting of the median. The only problem was everytime we passed that area regadless of the time of day all we saw was the workers eating and having a break. So I asked my wife if it was normal for them to close one lane just so public works people could have lunch on the street? In the US most highway/freeway work are done at night when there is less traffic to be affected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Repair work on Edsa resumes, heavy traffic expected