New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Respect is a two-way street and the fastest way to turn it into a dead end is by selective apprehension.

I’m not suggesting this is what happened to Mang Saturnino Fabros (we know from eye-witness statements that it was Carabuena running a red light), and am certainly not condoning what the Carabuena brothers did, but if the agency was to punish the traffic enforcer with suspension, re-training without pay, or expulsion, I guarantee you that you would see the laws being enforced more consistently, and in turn, more respect and patience being given by motorists. It’s all about creating a sense of equality.
    Agree here....

Walang selective apprehension or punishment.... Enforce the law to the letter....

16.7K:weathermanf2:>:sampay:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Also go to Europe once in a while.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    This is my contribution.

10 Useful Tips
    1. Don't retaliate. Never take the other driver personally, he/she is only reacting on a road rage instinct.

2. Don't make eye contact with an angry driver.

3. Before you react to anything that is done to you please ask yourself, "Is getting back at that jerk worth my life?"

4. Be polite and courteous, even when others are not.

5. Always ask yourself: "Could the other driver have possibly made a mistake?"

6. If you are harassed by another driver and being followed, do not go home. Go to the nearest police detachment.

7. Slow down and relax!

8. Never underestimate other drivers' capacity for mayhem.

9. Reduce your driving stress by allowing enough time to get where you are going. Know the roads that are under construction and listen to weather reports that may cause traffic delays. Practice patience and keep your cool.

10. Remember that you cannot control the drivers around you, but you can control the way they affect your well-being. Be calm and drive safely.
    Yan na lang pinipilit ko i-practice kasi mamaya mapasama ka pa. Sayang buhay kung dadali sayo eh patapon na din lang.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    This is my contribution.

Yan na lang pinipilit ko i-practice kasi mamaya mapasama ka pa. Sayang buhay kung dadali sayo eh patapon na din lang.
    Thanks for sharing bro.... Nice one...

2. Don't make eye contact with an angry driver.
    Ito ang asal ng mga gvngg*ng na jeepney drivers.....

16.7K:weathermanf2:>:sampay:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I used to be a road rager in my first months of driving. Ngayon pag may tangang driver akong nakasalubong hinga na lang ako malalim and move on. It's not worth it, masisira lang araw mo pag nagalit ka. Pag may nagalit naman sakin di ko na sinasagot and nagpapakumbaba na lang ako doesn't matter kung ako o siya yung mali.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I found that as I grow older, I become more and more patient on the road. I used to be hot headed when I was in my teens. I'm not proud of it, but that was probably due to teenage hormones.

Now that I am a mature and responsible adult, it's really not worth the stress or trouble of getting into an accident. I just feel sorry for these a$$holes on the road, says a lot about their character. Also with camera phones being so common and social media, you DO NOT want to go viral

Iniisip ko rin, what if the other driver had a gun, are those few seconds really worth someone's life being destroyed? (either mine or his)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    napuna ko...
    "walang road rage kapag na-ulan nang malakas."

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Ayaw kasi mabasa hassle at baka magkasipon pa sila :-)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    napuna ko...
    "walang road rage kapag na-ulan nang malakas."
    I actually witnessed one a few years ago, under a pouring rain, - exit at Alabang South Station...

A man with an umbrella went down from his vehicle, walked to the vehicle in front of him in our queue and started kicking the driver's door, while shouting expletives at the driver....

The car moved forward and he followed it, continuing with his offensive actions and words.

Deym, I was shocked and chose not to honk nor overtake him as he could vent his ire on me....

Wala pang dashcams during that time....
    Last edited by CVT; December 31st, 2017 at 08:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Iniisip ko rin, what if the other driver had a gun, are those few seconds really worth someone's life being destroyed? (either mine or his)
    Yes. Isa pa 'to. Iniisip ko na lang may pamilya akong uuwian.

A man with an umbrella went down from his vehicle, walked to the vehicle in front of him in our queue and started kicking the driver's door, while shouting expletives at the driver....
    LOL nagpayong pa talaga.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast