New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    after my wife and I did our grocery in S&R fort yesterday afternoon, I was starving and were supposed to eat in nambantei GB3, but since medyo malayo ang GB3 we just decided na sa Red Kimono na lang kumain...for the information of those haven't eaten there...it was a "eat all you can" not the buffet type but you order whatever from their menu and it will be serve to you....

it cost P485+++ per head, and if you order any of their food it is their requirement that a "kamameshi" rice would be included with your orders, whether you like or not, the rice is a requirement, it's just fried rice that comes with some toppings, and the rice is good for 4-5 persons probably, I find it weird 'coz they are a Japanese restaurant and they are requiring you to eat rice..but since I already ordered 2 types of sushi...I won't be bothering with the rice anyway...and I don't order rice anyway whenever I eat in a Japanese resto...but since yun ang requirement nila then kumain na rin ako ng fried rice nila kahit meron na akong order na sushis...

so I ordered salmon sushi and another one I think it's crunchy california maki for appetizer, for main course I ordered chicken teriyaki and chicken tepanyaki plus pork cutlet or katsudon, it's just a two pieces breaded porkchop cut into stips.... servings are small compare to other Japanese resto..

we consumed everything except for two pieces strips of the breaded porkchop and around 20% of the rice was left...

I forget to say pala that the chicken teriyaki and chicken tepanyaki comes with a sidings of sauted "toge"...and the pork cutlet comes with a potato salad sidings...

so when I thought that we're done, I asked for the bill, and the waiter told me that he can't give me the bill 'coz we didn't finish the meal and instead will charge me on top of the P485+++ an additional ala carte price for the chicken teriyaki and chicken tepanyaki plus the katsudon...which is an additional of P800-P900...'coz the three main dishes cost P300+ * so in short I need to pay an extra P900 on top of the P485/head cost of the "eat all you can"

the reason given to me was bec I didn't finish every bit and pieces of my orders...like the sidings of the main dishes..which in the first place even if I didn't eat the side dishes eh dapat hinde na kasama sa bilang you dahil I ordered chicken teppanyaki and terriyaki na alam naman natin na yun mga sidings niya is just for presentation....

so I stood my ground and said that I won't pay for that whole ala carte amount since all that was left was the sidings while all the was left doon sa pork cutlet was just 2 strips...I had a long conversation with their manager and in the end they just told me that they will just let it pass this time and next time daw they will charge me na...as if there will be next time pa...it's not our first time kumain doon..previous time that we dined there eh wala naman problema...

I just can't help to think na maybe they just wanted to short changed their clients, gusto nila magbayad talaga ng extra ang mga diners nila...come to think of it was Saturday night around 7:30-8 pm na and yet kami lang ang customer, maybe it's a testament na pangit ang patakaran nila siguro...

I just think what was left on our orders was a reasonable left over....kahit saan all you can eat dito they have an acceptable left over, especially kung yun main dishes naman eh naubos mo and ang naiwan lang is yun mga sidings...I mean hinde ko naman ginawa yun ginagawa ko sa buffet sa Las vegas na where I get everything that I fancied and will just eat a spoonfull then ayaw ko na...alam ko naman yun "rules" ng mga all you can eat dito sa Pilipinas....

so just be forewarned that if you plan to eat there, just be sure that you will and you can eat every bit of morsels up to last grain of their rice ....

gusto yata nila dilaan ko pa yun plato nila hanggang malinis talaga at mawala ang any food particles...hehehehe
    Last edited by shadow; March 9th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ang lufet naman ha...masubukan nga and ill do what you did....let me see what the manager will say this time...baka pag hugasin nalang ako ng plato....hahahaha......anyway....you did the right thing......wonder why the manager reacted that way.....hay......bon appetite......

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    edi sana inubos mo nalang ung pagkain para tapos sayang rin ung 2 pcs na porkchop tsaka ung kanin.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    sarap isampal sa kanila yung dalawang strips

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    we hae dine there before but they seem to be lenient with the leftovers we had then...

but i think evrything changes now...

Thanks for the tip...

WBR,

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    san banda yang red kimono sa the fort? yan ba yung malapit sa shell station? parang nakakain na din ata ako dyan...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drag_addict View Post
    edi sana inubos mo nalang ung pagkain para tapos sayang rin ung 2 pcs na porkchop tsaka ung kanin.
    hinde bale next time sama ka sa akin, yun mga di ko na makain bigay ko saiyo para wala ng problema sa babayaran...hehehe

seriously though, kahit gusto ko na lang kainin hinde ko na talaga kaya, diba there are times na pag busog ka na talaga kahit magisip lang ng pagkain ayaw mo ng gawin....

Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    we hae dine there before but they seem to be lenient with the leftovers we had then...

but i think evrything changes now...

Thanks for the tip...

WBR,
    yup, same with us here we have dined there several times before and wala naman problema ewan ko kung bakit sumobra naman ang higpit nila last night...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    san banda yang red kimono sa the fort? yan ba yung malapit sa shell station? parang nakakain na din ata ako dyan...
    Shell station? san ba sa the fort yun? dyan ba yun sa may tapat ng autotecnica? pag doon hinde doon yun location..

sa tabi ng fitness first/go nut donuts ang location niya....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Shell station? san ba sa the fort yun? dyan ba yun sa may tapat ng autotecnica? pag doon hinde doon yun location..

sa tabi ng fitness first/go nut donuts ang location niya....
    nagiisa lang naman po ang shell station sa the fort.. anyway baka hindi nga dun.. lupet naman nyan red kimono na yan.. hay, kakauwe ko lang galing sa banawe nag eat all you can din kami sa BFC, dami nga namin left over kala ko may extra charge pero wala..hehe..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sana nagdala nalang kayo ng Tupperware habang di tumitingin yung mga waiter lagay sa plastic tapos take home. Eh di ubos na

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Red Kimono restaurant at the Fort...