Please allow me this space to rant.

Last Saturday, I was involved in an accident along the South Luzon expressway northbound, at the Alabang bridge/flyover. I was traversing the 2nd lane (the lane beside the fast lane) when this truck, with plate number TER-616 driven by one Alvin Engracia, suddenly moved from the third lane into the second lane, side-swiping my car in the process. Naikabig ko pa ng konti yung kotse ko at nabilisan ko pa ng konti, but it was a little too late. The truck hit my car on the rear right end. Binusinahan ko sya, pero mukhang di nya narinig. At mukhang di rin sya tumingin sa side mirror nya nung nag-change lanes sya.

So we went to the Bicutan Highway Patrol Group station to give our testimonies. In a twist of poetic justice, the truck and its driver were found to have multiple violations and should therefore be impounded, enumerated below:

1. Change body without permit
2. Improvised plates
3. No tail lights
4. No capacity reading
5. 2 copies of the truck's certificate of registration have differing information. One indicates that the truck has a gasoline engine, the other diesel.
6. The driver, who supposedly carries a Professional license, wore only a sando, shorts and slippers.

I asked the driver for the name and number of his operator, as the driver made it known that his operator was unable to make it that day. The name of the operator is one RAYMOND ENALES, who allegedly owns the RDE junkshop in Sta. Ana/San Andres Bukid, Manila. I called him up to talk about the course of action to repair the damages incurred by my car. I told him that I wanted to bring the car to the casa to have it repaired, and would get an estimate of the damages by Monday. He in turn told me to just bring the car to a "talyer" he knows, para daw hindi masyadong mamahalan. In his words, "tulungan na lang tayo." What?! Ako na nga ang binangga at naagrabyado, ganyan pa sasabihin mo?! He was obviously trying to get me the short end of the stick, and get out of this with as little cost to him as possible. I said that I am unwilling to have my car serviced by just any "talyer" and would only have it repaired at the casa.

As of this writing, Enales has not been answering either my text messages or calls. Obvious na iniiwasan ako at gustong takasan yung responsibilidad nya. And just this afternoon, I also learned that the truck was never impounded at all. Methinks that something fishy may have happened. Maybe someone got paid off, I don't know. The inspector who handled the case last Saturday, one police officer Tabios, is off duty today and will be back Friday, so we intend to come back and get some answers/explanation from him on why the truck was not impounded.

Here is the Facebook page of this Raymond Enales.

His mobile phone number is +63 999 992 8033

The address of RDE junkshop, same as the registered address of the truck, is as follows:
2525 ONYX STREET SAN ANDRES BUKID MANILA

Telephone numbers: 589 0585 and 384 4571

Here is the information on RDE junkshop.
R.D.E. JUNKSHOP, JUNKSHOP, 2525 ONYX STREET Barangay 775 SANTA ANA NCR CITY OF MANILA

To you Mr. Enales, ang hirap mong kausap at wala kang isang salita. I am a firm believer of the saying, "what goes around, comes around."

And I'd also take this opportunity to express my disappointment about the service of some government offices here in the Philippines, in particular the Bicutan Highway Patrol Group. Especially considering the amount of tax this government takes away from us every month. Indeed, we are a long way to go from the "tuwid na daan" this administration is espousing.

/rant