New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

September 22, 2014 11:17pm

A photo of a t-shirt with a message promoting rape from the boys' section of the SM Store has drawn outrage online.

Writer and poet Karen Kunawicz posted the photo of the shirt that said, "It's Not Rape, It's A Snuggle With A Struggle?"

She added the caption: "Really SM Department Store? In the boy's section?

"SM--the same mall that has the daily angelus and refused to show Tim Burton's "Sweeney Todd" in the cinemas?

"Boys listen to Tita Karen--if a girl says NO and pushes you away, just err on the side of caution, she likely means NO. And go watch 'Sweeney Todd.'

"WTF, SM."

After posting the photo at 9:34 p.m., the post has been shared more than 800 times as of 11:16 p.m. from netizens outraged by the message.

Kunawicz told GMA News that she took the photo at the third floor of the SM Store at SM Megamall.

A comment left on her post by director Robbie Dinglasan said that the shirt was part of the collection of the radio show "Boys' Night Out," whose hosts were signed as endorsers by SM earlier this year. He added that the shirt was already in the process of being pulled.

GMA News, however, has yet to verify whether the shirt is indeed part of the collection. — JST, GMA News

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Epic fail. Gasgas na konsepto na kasi ang statement shirt.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Tsk tsk below the belt na yan even for a guy like me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    PC police! PC police!!!

We put them on the t-shirt firstly because we mean it and secondly because we tolerate rape and thirdly because our law says nothing about it.

Feminazi

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    trying too hard to be funny eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron ako nakita sa SM din "Keep Calm and Suck My (blank space)" ... hindi halatang bastos?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is it really about rape? I don't think they are stupid enough to do that. Diba sometimes a guy wants to hug and when the girl is not in the mood she pushes him away. If the guy does not release his hug, that's already RAPE?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    Meron ako nakita sa SM din "Keep Calm and Suck My (blank space)" ... hindi halatang bastos?
    And that's in the Boys Night Out collection. Only a douchebag would wear a shirt like that. And I totally agree with badkuk, statement shirts are gasgas na. It's so 90s!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Is it really about rape? I don't think they are stupid enough to do that. Diba sometimes a guy wants to hug and when the girl is not in the mood she pushes him away. If the guy does not release his hug, that's already RAPE?
    It's not about what a true rape is and the context of the print is within the relationship hence the love sign. Only moron would take that as true rape. However, everything is "rape" to a feminist.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014

dapat i prmote din nila yung THIS WAY TO HEAVEN na may symbol na malaking arrow downward..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
'Rape' t-shirt at SM Store draws outrage online