New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I don't know... the signs there seems pretty straight forward to me. Bihira din akong dumaan dyan (on lately dahil sa Mall of Asia and airport duties lang).

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    nagkamali na rin ako ng pasok dito...mali talaga yung position ng sign nila.. and many motorist think that the leftmost ramp and papuntang SLEX ....napunta ko ng pasay.. anyway theres always a first time....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup, agree 100%, that ramp is really confusing.

If you’re plying this route a couple times a week, it would be automatic. But for those who pass by here occasionally (a few times a year), it is really confusing. One, the ramp is not intuitive. First timers would easily select the inner most lane to be the lane going to Alabang/SLEX. Two, because of the bus lanes, even if you know that the Alabang/SLEX ramp is on the middle lane, even if you stay in the middle lane some 500m back, you still need to veer to your right at the approach if you want to go to Alabang/SLEX. I don’t know about the rest but I believe that something is not right here and needs to be fixed.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I had the same confusing experience. After pasay road, i followed /stayed on the lane with the sign that says "to Alabang". Upon nearing mantrade and still on the same lane, I noticed that the lane was towards the "to Baclaran" ramp so i had to swerve right. The traffic enforcer was quick to flag me down but I swerved fast , didn't stop and went straight ahead towards magallanes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rant ako sa rerouting ng Pioneer Tunnel to EDSA kanina, pucha kung san-san ako umabot...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    nagkamali na din ako dito, i was supposed to go to Alabang but ended up on the flyover going to Pasay, napa WTF na lang ako, wala pang sign nun. The fact that there are crocodiles waiting there means that place is high alert for kotong. Ang rant ko is yun Edsa flyover sa ortigas from cubao to makati. Parang may humps yun flyover because of the asphalt. They should fix that hump!!!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Nagpost na ako dati ng ganito.Madilim pa nga dito sa daan na ito.
    Technic ko dyan pagdadaan ako papuntang SLEX 2nd lane ako kung hindi pa sobrang traffic then 3rd lane.Mas maganda pa ata kapag galing ka sa itaas kaysa sa nasa ilalim ka.
    Dito ko din nakita nung sunday ang isang astigin na honda city na kulay silver nagdive siya sa isang bus para lang makapasok papuntang SLEX talagang kitang kita ko ang lapit na nung city sa island dun na nagdidive papuntang Pasay at papuntang SLEX/Manila.
    Madalas meron nahuhuli dito na swerving biktima din dad ko dyan dati..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    actualyl sirs, if you are coming from EDSA and are going towards SLEX, diba mya signs mga a km or 500m from the onramps.

Yung problema lang eh, say you want to go to Alabang, and you line up under the Alabang sign...you will find yourself actualyl lined up to go to Roxas blvd and not Alabang! Ang tanga ng sign p-lacement...o sinadya ba? People who do not pass here all the time will find themselves swerving kasi akala nila nasa tamang lane na sila dahil yun naman ang sinabi ng sign...pero hindi naman. Then when they change lanes para tama yung mapuntahan nila, they will be flagged down for swerving. Nabiktima na ako ng MMDA dito dati, pero nung finlag down ako, di ako tumigil. They can try to chase me...sa SLEX...goodluck na lang sa kanila hahahahha :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the flaw of this ramp is that the signs of a km away doesn't correspond to the road 300m BEFORE the ramp itself. IIRC, one lane for motorists going to Pasay, and 2 lanes for motorists going to Alabang (accdg. to the sign 1km. away). Pero pagdating mo sa ramp, due to the bus loading lanes and the center island itself, it's actually 2 lanes for Pasay and only 1 lane for Alabang. Kaya marami talagang nahuhuli na swerving dito. For more than 10 years na nga na katangahan yang area na yan at for more than 10 years na rin na veterans na ung mga nangongotong jan for "swerving" motorists.

Btw, youre lucky if you only get caught for "swerving". As for us, one of our truck hit that center island and tumaob, total wreck a year ago. Apparently bagong sabak sa maynila ung bago ring driver kaya hindi napansin ung center island and ayun... Kaya ingat ingat na lang jan... ESPECIALLY at NIGHT.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    from my observation, a lot of mmda are watching out for potential swerving violators and this has been going on for a long time. it's time that some action be done to guide motorists approaching the area. i've also seen a lot of accidents involving motorists getting stuck on the island that separates the two flyovers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
rant: EDSA-SLEX / EDSA-ROXAS on-ramps