New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hindi na uso ang carnap ngayon. carjack na uso. wala pa silang hirap na paandarin kotse mo. just don't pass by dark roads late at night. it's better to pass by wide and well lit streets. di bale na mapalayo basta safe.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Which brings to the point: Ano nga ba ulit yung company na nag-o-offer ng vehicle tracking device which you can attach to your car then you can trace its location using a cellphone or via web? Alam ko may monthly subscription for this service.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wac3
    . when my aunt went to kamp karingal, she saw a pile of 30-40 reports of hijacking stacked on the officer's desk. he said that it was only for one day. imagine, one day lang ganun na kadami na carjack
    30 - 40 blotter reports for one day only..huh...

dati grabe lang ang crime pero ngayon

masyado na malala krimen sa pinas,

Quote Originally Posted by wac3
    my aunt's toyota revo was carjacked near roosevelt two days before this article came out.
    saan kaya banda sa Roosevelt Ave. bro ?

it means that the police are also behind this.
    maybe or maybe not

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    just received this on my email, apparently they were carjacked in gilmore:

Last Friday night, or September 9, 2005, at around 11-12 pm,my boyfriend and I were on the way home. When we reached the stretch of Gilmore St., a green Sentra drove up alongside the car and shone a spotlight on the driver's side, presumably, to blind the driver and force him to stop. Then they cut us off and three men armed with m16 rifles came down and carjacked us. They took us somewhere then transferred us to the Sentra They then took the car, a Honda CRV. There were four men with my boyfriend and I in the Sentra. They threatened us that if we didn't give the pin numbers in our accounts, they would kill us. So we gave them our pin numbers and they went around withdrawing our money. They also took all the jewelry we were wearing and our mobile phones. They dropped us off in Pasay sometime around 2 am with nothing but the clothes on our back.
    We're posting the message to warn everyone not to pass that area and to watch out for these men. Apparently, this is not the first time they have done this. In the past, they shot a woman who tried to escape. So everyone, please take care.
    We don't want what happened to us to happen to you.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    APOLOGIES, long post ... shared to our egroup. Somewhat related. Ingat na lang po tayo, tsikoteers.

It pays to read this especially sa mga mahilig umuwi ng late.
    Read through ...

Finally, I am able to get over my initial shock, and write about my experience. The other Tuesday, Aug. 24, after the fellowship following our regular club meeting, I was on my way home to Filinvest I.

Around 12 midnight, my car (a late model Accord), was cut by
    another car with blinkers, and four men armed with armalites aimed their guns
    at me, and told me to open my door. First I thought they were policemen in civvies who had mistaken me for someone else, or whatever. But when they commanded me to board their car and demanded my wallet and valuables, I knew they were robbers and carjackers. To make a long story short, I was dropped at Macapagal Avenue at around 3 a.m. of Wednesday, but not before cleaning my ATM account, inflicting harm
    on my person, threatening to kill me, and firing at me (with the intent
    of scaring me). (And of course,taking my Accord earlier). Classmates, the following day (actually around 9 am of the same day, Wednesday) I reported the incident to the Central Police District. And lo and behold, I learned that so many incidents (about a dozen or more since the beginning of the year) like what I went through (remember, we are talking here of carjacking or taking your car at gunpoint, not just simple carnappingt!) had been taking place in and around the following areas:

1. Quezon Avenue underpass, crossing EDSA
    2. Dark streets in the areas around Morato and around the West Triangle
    3. Some areas in the Teacher's village, etc.
    4. Commonwealth -- although I understand that my case was the first one on top of the overpass over Tandang Sora.
    5. Some parts of EDSA - also in Q.C.

Another, and I just learned this later from non-police sources, is the flyover from Libis, going to Katipunan, and also the underpass tunnel connected to the flyover. (Here, as in the Quezon underpass, the favorite manuever is to sandwich the victim's car between two cars, one in front and the other behind.) Other carjackings have also taken place in other parts of Metro Manila, especially Pasig, but Q.C. is the
    epicenter of these incidents. Favorite time of carjackers (as distinct from carnappers who take vehicles while they are parked) is between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m.
    although some carjackings are known to have taken place even earlier.

The day after I was victimized, another similar incident took place (probably by the same gang), with a 26 year old woman, the daughter of an executive judge of Zambales, as the victim. She tried to parry an armalite aimed at her and apparently,
    the gun went off, hitting her on the thigh, shattering her femur. Let's pray that she will recover soon, and that she will not lose her leg. Before me, it has been rumored that the son of a high official of the PNP was almost victimized, but for the fact that his driver, a policeman himself, told the robbers he was a policeman, and that his
    passenger is the son of this high official of PNP. (The robbers had the temerity to ask for IDs of the two before letting them go.) Othervictims: a priest, a money changer, a couple with a daughter, another couple,etc.

According to the police, even kidnappings are rising. Let's be careful but not fearful. Let's inform our children about what's taking place. And maybe suggest to them that, rather than go home during those unholy hours (11 p.m. to 3 a.m.) better if they just stay where they are or stay with a friend at his or her place, rather than go through the no-man's land that is Q.C. (or parts of it anyway!). Note: If you or your children have to really drive during those hours, better to take the Commonwealth / Tandang Sora crossing at street level, where there are many vehicles, people and a police outpost. Take care, my friends! You don't want to go through what I have
    gone through.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mam nemo' friend,
    thanks for sharing your bad experience

and for reminding fellow tsikoteers

those dangerous places in QC

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Dear fellow mp forumers,

Last Friday night, or September 9, 2005, at around
    11-12
    pm, we were on our way home.

We just turned into gilmore coming from
    e.rodriguez when a green Sentra drove up na
    nagwa-wangwang and shone a spotlight on the
    driver's side,
    presumably, to blind me (i was driving) and force
    me to stop. Then
    they cut us off and three men armed with m16
    rifles came
    down and carjacked us. They took us somewhere then
    transferred us to the Sentra They then took the
    car, a Honda
    CRV.

There were four men who took us in the
    Sentra. They took our ATM cards, credit cards,
    watches, jewelry and celphones. Even our ID
    cards. They threatened us that if we didn't give
    the pin
    numbers in our accounts, they would kill us. So we
    gave
    them our pin numbers and they went around
    withdrawing our
    money. They dropped us off in Pasay sometime
    around 2 am with nothing but the clothes on our back.

We're posting the message to warn everyone not to
    pass that
    area and to watch out for these men. Apparently,
    this is not
    the first time they have done this. In the past,
    they shot a
    woman who tried to escape. So everyone, please
    take care.

We don't want what happened to us to happen to you.
    According to the police, Hemady and Gilmore are
    their favorite haunts but they also wait at the
    new Katipunan/ Blue Ridge underpass.

Just be careful guys. Its so easy for people to
    say that I should have done this or that to get
    away but if you have a loved one in the car and
    there are guns pointed at you, the options arent
    as simple as just speeding away and hoping that
    the carnappers wont open fire on you or that
    either of you wont get hit if and when they do.

Just be aware of your surroundings and avoid
    passing streets where few cars pass or are
    deserted at night.

More importantly, always say a little prayer that
    the Lord will keep you safe when you are out at
    night as you never know what bad elements you
    could encounter, from drunk drivers to armed
    carnappers.

We are just thankful to God that we were let off
    safe and unharmed. Im thankful they didnt hurt my girl
    (and that I wasnt seriously injured, just a few
    bruises and scratches).

Thanks and keep us in your prayers.

Benj
    http://www.mechapinoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1989

badtrip.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sh*t nakakatakot naman yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    darn..those are my exact routes everyday

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I wish some vigilantes would put these bastards away.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Rampant carjackings in Quezon City [merged]