New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Everyday when passing by C.M. Recto-Morayta, I see all these graffiti left behind by the rallyists... then in the news, you see them in the act of spray-painting walls of buildings, lamp posts, roads, etc... I know they have the right to gather and demonstrate their dissatisfaction/demands of the government, but... ....must they deliberately resort to vandalizing both public and private properties to get their point across? I mean, by doing so, parang wala na silang ni-rerespektong kahit tao, bagay, o lugar. Sobra namang pagka-mob mentality yun. Take it a notch higher, then maybe we'll be seeing the chaos that was EDSA 3. It's these kinds of actions why they fail to solicit feelings of empathy from me personally. What about you, guys? What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin lang... OA lang talaga.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I remember nearly two decades ago, rally freaks vandalized the high walls of the office of Franklin Drilon which read in big bold red letters DRILON BABOY!!

When interviewed on his reaction to this, he calmly said "Ok lang sakin kung itsura ko mukhang baboy wala ito ikumpara mo sa mga gumawa nun kasi sila UGALING BABOY..."

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    In a way, this "helps" business:

Yung contract to repaint the walls.. may kikita uli diyan hehe

And also in a way, this shows the absence of political will (or another way of looking at it is the tolerance of people):

I'm sure there's a law out there, or even an ordinance against grafitti... yung mga nag babantay sa mendiola.. all Mayor Lim has got to do is to post an additional troop of about 100 for about 3 - 5 rallies... for each rally, round up all the guys caught in the act of painting on walls.... ang kaso: vandalism. may be easily bailable.. but this makes it harder for rallyists.. the least it can do is keep the rallyists off the walls... pero bakit di ginagawa ni Mayor Lim or any of the past mayors for that matter?

the other side of this naman, for sure these rallyists would shout and cry persecution and the "abuse" to the freedom of expression.. bayaan mo sila dalhin ang issue na to sa supreme court (na kailangan may docket fees kapag nag file)...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ang sa akin lang, wala naman akong pakialam kung magsisigaw sila magdamag ng saloobin nila. Ang ayoko lang yung nagiging sagabal sila sa movement ng iba lalo na kapag sila ang nagiging dahilan ng bara sa trapik. Pero kung yung vandalism ang pag-uusapan, palagay ko pare-pareho lang tayo may karapatan. Pero pare-pareho din tayong may obligasyon sa kapaligiran natin. Bakit nila kailangan babuyin yung kapaligiran e kung mas nakakarami ang gusto ng malinis. Hindi rin siguro nila gugustuhin kung aalamin ng mga biktima nila ang mga bahay nila tapos e ang bahay nila ang pinturahan o sabuyan ng pareho ng ibinabato nila. What makes them so special? Hulihin na yan. Kapag napiit sa loob ng kulungan ang mga yan ng mga 30 days at na "Brokeback experience", titigil din sila.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    at least yun lang ang vandalize nila... si Pandak, buong bansa na-vandalized!!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post

Aral kasi iyan sa mining industry....Mismo!

6404:pump:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    Nag-ra rally si Pandak?

Rallyists' Vandalism