New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...topic=44735&hl

Good day, i just wanna share my near catastrophic experience in Quiapo yesterday.

Yesterday, after picking up my new DSLR accessory from mond(zselfdestrukt), i decided to drop by Hidalgo st. in Quiapo to buy extra battery and memory card. I took the LRT to Carriedo from Vito Cruz. I exited thru the Isetann department store passage. As i was walking beside SM Quiapo going towards Hidalgo a man in his early 40's and full of tatoo suddenly approached me and held my arms and acted as if he knew me. He said " uy pare kamusta na! ang laki ng tinaba mo ha!"... ako naman i was trying to recall if i know him. so medyo hindi naman ako suplado kaya i smiled hesitantly. then he followed up with a question "kamusta na si tony?" this question gave him away since i don't know any tony...i suddenly realize that this is going to be a set up for a hold up, kasi he's trying to lead me towards an alley with many tambay na katulad niya. I quickly deviced a plan, kasi dala ko yung pinagbentahan ko ng Glutathione noon and my new accessory. as he was about to put his arms around my neck i quickly elbowed him on the chest and shoved him away. he angrily shouted " wag mo ko itulak, kalalabas ko lang ng munti! kuhanin ko lang pera mo at alahas!" and showed his sigue sigue tatoo. ako naman napansin ko na we are near the entrance of SM and the guard inside is carrying a shotgun. so i replied by saying"kalalabas mo lang ba? gusto mo bumalik hind*t ka! hindi mo ba ako nakikilala? Colonel ako sa Crame!", he smiled and said "pahingi na lang ako ng pera!" i jumped towards the guard and said to the hoodlum "lika dito sa loob, dito kita bibigyan!" he ran towards the direction of rizal avenue. the guard saw all these and said "naku boss buti d ka naloko, kukuyugin ka nila kung nahila ka nyan dun sa gilid ng chowking." so ayun dun lang pumasok yung takot. i spent siguro 10 minutes inside SM then went on to do what i have to do.

as i was about to enter isetann i saw the man again with 4 more men eyeing another potential victim, a student. they were on the carriedo street area under the LRT. i saw two roving police officers and told them what happened. i pointed to the hoodlums but the hooligans must've realized what i was doing so they suddenly ran in different directions. ayun.

sana maging babala sa inyo to. muntik na ko dun. :whew:
    Last edited by theveed; February 14th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yep ganyan din ako when going to buy my camera stuff sa hidalgo. talagang sa isetann and sm ako dumadaan para less time sa kalye. and pag pupunta ako, jeans, sneakers and tshirt lang. kung pwedeng may kasama ako, mas maganda.

i put my cellphone and wallet on my front pocket and i bring an empty knapsack para dun ko ilalagay mga nabili ko instead of carrying the items in a plastic bag na kitang-kita. also, i don't wear the bag on my back. i carry it na parang grocery bag.

i don't bring lots of cash and i leave my atm. credit card purchase pag mahal. saka alam ko na yung bibilhin ko at pupuntahan na shops para less time talaga na andun.

had a close call na rin dun dati. nilapitan ako at nagtatanong ng mga walang kwentang tanong. di niya alam na may mga kasama ako tapos lumapit sila (mga kasama ko) agad sa amin sabay sabi na "hoy, ano kailangan mo?". umalis kaagad yung mama.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sorry double post

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow thanks for the warning, Im planning pa naman to shop at hidalgo

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dami na talagang kawatan ngayon. Kaya never ako nagpupunta diyan ng walang kasamang alalay at 200% presence of mind eh.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wala bang mga pulis sa paligid?

Dapat sa mga yan ma-salvage na, para mabawasan ng mga gago sa mundo!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaterring View Post
    why go there kung nag-deliver naman sila. ako pinapadeliver ko na lang pag may needs ako
    does the stores in hidalgo do delivery? I don't think so, maybe you haven't been there or haven't bought anything from there....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the warning. Matagal na rin akong hindi naliligaw ng Quiapo.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3431[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Calling Mayor Lim...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaterring View Post
    why go there kung nag-deliver naman sila. ako pinapadeliver ko na lang pag may needs ako
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    does the stores in hidalgo do delivery? I don't think so, maybe you haven't been there or haven't bought anything from there....
    halatang nag-iimbento na naman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Quiapo MO warning (From HCP)