New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Whats your take on this one.. On my personal note, he should've kept it low rather than doing such antic! and to add insult to injury, he gave monetary award and promotion at the expense of QC government.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/spot/201101...f-5a3fdeb.html

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    dyan makikita kung gaano kadali paikutin ang pinoy. yan na ah, malinaw na malinaw kung gano ginagawang mangmang ni bistek ang pinoy.
    t*nginang meyor yan! sinasayang nya pera ng mamamyan sa lungsod nya dahil "prinomote" pa nya ang nagpalusot sa kanya!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ang tanong ko diyan e paano kung dineadma siya as beating the red light ng pulis? Bababaan niya ba at hihingiin ang pangalan para i-demote o bigyan ng disciplinary action? I doubt.

Well at least magkakaroon na ng bagong racket ang mga iyan. Huhulihin na mga opisyal para ma-promote.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    Whats your take on this one.. On my personal note, he should've kept it low rather than doing such antic! and to add insult to injury, he gave monetary award and promotion at the expense of QC government.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/spot/201101...f-5a3fdeb.html
    The question is did the enforcer issue him a TVR? The promotion is okay with me, but giving money to him for doing a good job is not.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    even if he was issued a ticket for that.. still what Bistek did is direct bribery and conduct unbecoming of a public official even done in good faith..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Lights, Camera, ACTION mentality.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Binigyan yung TE ng monetary award for "just doing his job". Naknampating! Dapat pala bigyan din ako ng boss ko kase "ginagawa" ko din trabaho ko.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... quite confused at all this hostility. I think this shouldn't be blown all out of proportion.

Sure, the enforcer was just doing his job, but...

...to me, this simply is a managerial prerogative, with the additional (intended or unintended) PR spin. Maybe it serves to raise morale or something... *shrug*

Still, it reminded me of the story I once heard of regarding Pres. Ramon Magsaysay and a police officer. Ah well...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    E ako nga ilang beses na akong nahuhuli sa Manila area eh hindi naman ako nag-promote at nagbigay ng pabuya sa nanghuli sa akin?

I'm not in favor.. This is not just right.. Kaya nga tumanda na sa kalsada si manong traffic enfocer at hindi pa napo-promote dahil hindi pa siya qualified. Then, all of a sudden he's now promoted plus 10k petot bonus dahil sa traffic violation ni Mayor Bistek!!

Would this be a step to fame ng ilan pang traffic enforcers na baka ganyan din ang gawin at maka-tiyempo ng ganitong instant bigtime?.. Or has that example served a good purpose for others to do their job right being a traffic enforcer?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The 10k was from his pocket, not the local gov't.

It was not bribery, as he invited the enforcer (at first ayaw at nahihiya at baka daw pagalitan lang) to his office to personally receive the money - which came along with a promotion.

How's that bribery? For me mali ang ginawa nya, but that doesn't mean na sinuhulan nya ung tao. Hinuhusgahan nyo sila pareho pag sinabing suhol yun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
QC Mayor Bistek's traffic violation