New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mga pre, diba ang proper use talaga ng passing lane ay kung magoover take ang sasakyan once na maka-over take na sya sa mga mababagal na sasakyan eh dapat pumunta na sya dun sa ordinary lane (kung sa SSH iyong sa gitna)?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK, yes. Though alam mo naman ang traffic rules and regs dito -- suggestion lang. Why?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Something tells me it feels good when you know you're doing the right thing despite the rest breaking all the rules.

Then again, it also feels good breaking some rules.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Something tells me it feels good when you know you're doing the right thing despite the rest breaking all the rules.

Then again, it also feels good breaking some rules.
    ot : parang nagawa ko na ito ah... but i already learn from my mistakes :peace:
    Last edited by evs_13; February 8th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Mga pre, diba ang proper use talaga ng passing lane ay kung magoover take ang sasakyan once na maka-over take na sya sa mga mababagal na sasakyan eh dapat pumunta na sya dun sa ordinary lane (kung sa SSH iyong sa gitna)?
    Yup ganun nga. And I was told at a driving seminar that you're only supposed to pass/overtake via this lane, not any of the other two lanes. But when others inadvertently hog the passing lane, like when they take too long to overtake and you've signified you're behind them and are ready to pass them too, then you can pass/overtake via the middle lane, as long as it's safe.

The part I hate about SLEX though is that many slow vehicles hog the passing lane as if they're driving at the speed limit, whereinfact they're being passed by everyone else. Get out of the passing lane and stay in the middle lane.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tsktsktsk.. mdami talaga mga ganyan.. minsan nagtatapat pa yung 2 kotse na nsa passing and middle lane tapos parehong mabagal.. para bang nag uusap yung dalwa at magkasabay na magkasabay sila, kaya nag shoulder n lng minsan ako para lagpasan mga gnun.. haay kainit talaga ng ulo mga ganun..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    tama, balik agad sa gitna para hindi naman makasagabal sa mga gustong
    gumamit ng innermost/passing lane. mas safe sa gitna, 2 option mo in
    case magkaroon ng biglaang aksidente sa harap. kaliwa or kanan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Meron ng ganitong topic dito kung hindi ako nagkakamali...

Yes, ganun nga ang tamang paggamit ng passing lane, at may dalawang klaseng driver ang gumagamit nyan, isang sumusunod at isang hindi

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I sometimes wonder if we have changed the rules when it comes to passing vehicles...

I always see vehicles using the shoulder when passing... Ang alam ko talaga yung innermost lane is the passing lane... There are now so many airheads on the road they have no clue on road rules whatsoever...

Oh well, at least it's still worse in Sicily...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^ what's with Sicily?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Proper use of Passing Lane (Left most lane)