New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The City of Manila is full of driver traps if you are unfamiliar with where you are going. Here is one of those traps - approaching Lagusnilad from Lawton.

I passed by here lately and I approached this corner in the inner lane. I intend to turn left because I remember this was open. But when I reached the corner Padre Burgos St. and Natividad Almeda Lopez St., I saw a No Left Turn sign so when green light came on, I drove straight. This is where a cop flagged me. I asked what is my violation and he said that I am driving through a Public Utility Vehicles only lane? In my mind - what?! an inner lane reserved for public utility only? I can hardly believe there is such a law but regardless I asked if there is a sign that says so (for example am I in a yellow lane like in EDSA) and the cop says there are signs posted approaching the corner. I thought there must be so I relented and told the cop to just issue me a ticket. To my surprise, he let me go without a ticket and simply told me not to go through the lane again. Something is odd - I dared him to give me a ticket and he did not?

A few days later, I was in the area and I actually walked along the sidewalk to look for the sign that should be warning motorists to avoid going through the inner lane - and there is none! I observed for about 10 more minutes in the corner and these cops flagged 3 private cars. What kind of stupid traffic rule is that? Only in chaotic Manila.

If you are approaching this area and you are not a PUV, stay in the outer lanes so you don't get trapped in this area by some crooked cop.

This is a repost from my blog with image from Google Maps for illustration.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks for the heads up!

kapag pwede talaga manloko, manloloko tsk tsk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I happen to pass-by there everyday and there was a time na pwede mag left-turn dyan papunta sa SM Manila. And yes, dami nga nahuhuling private vehicles using that inner lane and going straight. So ang violation pala nila ay dahil pang PUV lang ung lane na un? WTF.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Paano yung mga PUV that not only go through the private vehicle lanes but also swerve into them?

Haha. Labo.

Ang basura ng Manila. I go through there a lot and mas maraming private vehicle trap diyan kesa sa mandaluyong / pasig.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5 pulis talaga ang kailangan sa kantong ito kung may makokotong:

They are not here to fix traffic, they are there to get their daily fix of kotong.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pagdumeretso ka, you end up sa loading-unloading zone ng mga PUVs, which is the pedestrian underpass entrance in the middle of the freaking road. Dito panaman yung entrance ng Lagusnilad which is often clogged cuz the idiotic PUVs turn it into a terminal.

Also beware of riding in PUVs in Manila. Dumami lalo mga juvie hamog snatchers in BROAD DAYLIGHT, especially sa tapat ng City Hall, Carriedo, Odeon... Pinabayaan ng mga pulis since di sila makasuhan cuz of the *GAGO* KIKO PANGILINGAN LAW.

With the pedicabs/kuligligs, Manila has really gone to the dogs...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matagal ng ganyan diya, but manila enforcers are not really strict sila mabilis pakiusapan w/o giving bribe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa tapat ba yan ng Manila City Hall? parang bawal nga (minsan) dyan (depende sa kundisyon ng trapik). Pero alam ko pwede mag u-turn dyan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    napara na din ako dyan dati..

dati kasi pwede mag left dyan to SM Manila.. tpaos biglang wala na.. so wala kang choice kundi dumiretso.. pag dumiretso ka.. ayun ikaw nga lang ang private vehicle don.. kaya paparahin ka panigurado..

basta wag mainit ang ulo.. napapakiusapan naman yung mga nanghuhuli dyan..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    napara na din ako dyan dati..

dati kasi pwede mag left dyan to SM Manila.. tpaos biglang wala na.. so wala kang choice kundi dumiretso.. pag dumiretso ka.. ayun ikaw nga lang ang private vehicle don.. kaya paparahin ka panigurado..

basta wag mainit ang ulo.. napapakiusapan naman yung mga nanghuhuli dyan..

wala kang lusot if you happen to be in the inner lane. bawal mag left, hulihin ka if you go straight and swerving naman kung pakanan ka.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Private Vehicles Not Allowed in Inner Lane