New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Perhaps Prestige Cars, Inc. majority owner Jose Alvarez is unaware that at least one of his sales people in the BMW local franchise brings home cars that have been brought to the casa for tune-up or for repair.

Unfortunately, one such car that was being, uh, test driven during the entire Holy Week, hit an immovable object and was a total wreck by the time the owner returned from a trip abroad Easter Monday.

Now, the Prestige branch has manfully admitted its mistake and has offered to replace the car. Here’s the problem though. It doesn’t have the same 3-series model on stock. It has an older model (read: a cheaper replacement) and then it has the 5-series (read: a more expensive replacement).

Meanwhile, Prestige isn’t saying what it’s going to do with its erring employee or whether, uhm, borrowing cars by employees is a common practice.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200504050710.htm

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Read that too. What more for the other casas? Scary.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hanggang sa ganito, puro kabalastugan na lang lahat! Absolutely do not have respect to other people's properties. Asal ****ing ***hole..(sorry for the language). This is just something I couldn't stand. Alam nila na hindi sa kanila ang sasakyan, gagamitin pa talaga! If it happened to me, I would definitely sue the company and get my car replaced with another that has the same value, not with an old BMW.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oi nangyari na rin sa james deakin yan, editor ng C! yan, the casa is not admitting is pero may tracking device si james. ano na kaya ang nangyari dun.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK, a good number of casa employees take client cars out for a ride, without the knowledge of the casa management. Years ago, an acquaintance of mine got fired for nearly exactly the same thing and had a legal case filed against him. He was driving a client's vehicle the night before it was supposed to be picked up by it's owner. Picked up his girl, got themselves dead drunk and then drove home. Driving home, he hit something that made the car fly. When the car landed, it hit four pedestrians and totalled a small concrete fence. AFAIR, nagtagago sya ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sinisira rep nila tsktsk prestige my a$$

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this happens in almost all dealers i think.
    A friend of mine had the same thing happen to his corona(bago pa corona non) in cebu. Brought the car to the dealer for some squeaking noise coming from the AC. that night an employee 'test drove' it over the mactan bridge in the wee hours of the morning. hit a post- total wreck. buti nalang mabait yung pamilyang yon and didnt sue, they just asked for the book value of the car. kung ako yun binugbog ko yung 'test driver' ng car ko.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    naku, ako nga, ayaw kong humiram ng kotse ng kaibigan, yung hindi ko pa talaga kilala? patay.

5 series na yan ang kapalit tapos and difference in value, 10 years to pay, zero interest hehehehe

andy
    Last edited by luckytruck; April 5th, 2005 at 10:58 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lesson: always reset your car's trip meter when dropping it off for service.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba yung odometer yung dpat tandaan?
    meron naman ako nadinig dati, yung audio system naman yung pinapakialaman, specially kung nakasetup. pag-on nung stereo, pansin nya ibang station na, and sobra lakas nung volume e hindi naman re: audio system yung pinagawa nya
    Last edited by endlessgwing; April 5th, 2005 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Prestige Cars story from today's Philstar