New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dont know if this is the right section to share this. If it does not, can the moderator transfer it to the proper section. Here goes:

Called up wednesday to set up a thursday pm appointment for my company issued crv. The scheduling was handled well and I arrived this morning to have the vehicle undergo the 20,000km pm check-up. At the reception area before going to the counter to have my vehicle registered I placed my e-pass and swiss army knife at the tray under the passenger seat assuming that these items will be safe as this tray was hidden. The car was serviced and was finished as scheduled. After paying the bill I went to the claim area and inspected my vehicle. Knowing that I left the above items in the tray I first opened the tray to retrieve the e-pass and swiss knife. I was surprised when I opened the tray only my e-pass was there and my swiss knife missing . I immediately informed the service advisor of the missing item and he immediately inquired with the wash crew if they saw a swiss knife when they cleaned the vehicle for release. As in most cases no one from the wash crew admitted seeing the item. The service advisor just assured me that he will follow up on the lost item. Lesson to be learned here: even if the item is securely kept in the vehicle, have it accounted for in the checklist. You cannot really trust the wash crew of the casa :down: . It was also an expensive nasty lesson. That Swiss Knife now costs 4200 Php

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As long as it isn't signed on the "checklist" you can't prove it was there. I know... it sucks...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always give an 'empty' vehicle to the dealer for servicing when I used to deal with them. Pati radio faceplate inaalis ko because some technicians sleep in the customer cars during their break and nakikinig ng 101.1 YES FM ng full blast while at work.

I have a box at home for all the items I take out of the vehicle. It is also a nice time to throw away junk and stuff that have accumulated in the vehicle through daily usage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    when our cars undergo PMS sa casa, we remove all our stuff, including the tools. Iniiwan lang namin yung spare tire and manual to avoid temptations.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    You really can't trust people these days. Thanks for the tips

that sucks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    when our cars undergo PMS sa casa, we remove all our stuff, including the tools. Iniiwan lang namin yung spare tire and manual to avoid temptations.

True!

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Like most of the replies, I remove anything that could be of significant value before I bring in a vehicle for servicing. Sometimes I leave a little small change just to test the honesty of the service crew.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I always give an 'empty' vehicle to the dealer for servicing when I used to deal with them. Pati radio faceplate inaalis ko because some technicians sleep in the customer cars during their break and nakikinig ng 101.1 YES FM ng full blast while at work.

I have a box at home for all the items I take out of the vehicle. It is also a nice time to throw away junk and stuff that have accumulated in the vehicle through daily usage.
    same here, most times punta ako casa may back up car ako kasi dami ko abubot :-) and yes, take out all stuff na tempting spare tire lang iwan, tools i make sure i take them out.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hagiber
    Like most of the replies, I remove anything that could be of significant value before I bring in a vehicle for servicing. Sometimes I leave a little small change just to test the honesty of the service crew.
    same here...pero nabawasan yung mga coins ko

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Post PM blues at Honda Alabang