New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    if they can improve and enlarge the lrt/mrt network, id think that the puj problem would take care of itself. since the trains are cheaper and faster, no one would take jeeps and kokonti na sila dahil lugi. same thing for buses. that's going to be a big improvement in terms of congestion on our roads.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    malabo na yan in an instant. nasa mindset na kasi ang ugali na yan dito. wala lang tayo disciplina talaga sa pinas. i tried to follow rules and regulations after i came back here. what do i get? honks, swerves, tapos ikaw pa ang mali. the environment mismo does not promote motorist discipline but forces you to be one of them. imho. yung mga matatanda na nga na puvs at taxi drivers inoobserve ko talagang walang paki sa mga kapwa nila motorist.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Pwde yan basta madaming pulis na mang huhuli at walng mag papalagay. Kaso mukang impossible na eh....
    And note one more thing Pinas roads & drivers are quite educated and respect other motorist compared to other countries like thailand,india,indonesia,etc.......

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Is it possible? Not in our lifetime, I'm afraid.

---

The Autobahn used to have no speed limit before, but they tested and imposed a limit. What happened? The number of accidents increased. They removed the speed limit and people could drive at their own pace.
    Just to add that about a quarter of the Autobahn network has a permanent speed limit.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    talagang susunod ka sa driving laws dito eh sa cali nahuli ako 3 times $200+ each, sa MD $70, sa PA o hayan $150. sa mahal ba naman ng fines niyang mga violations di ka ba susunod? sa case ko naman related sa work. never akong nahula na hindi.
    sa atin kasi walang nanghahabol kasi si chief lang ang may sasakyan, haay 3rd world country nga pala ako galing.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I still believe there is a chance... as for the bribe issue. Kung wala naman kasing nagoffer siguro di rin maakit ang mga pulis o traffic enforcers natin. If we violated a traffic rule we deserve to be apprehended. I admit guilty rin ako sa bribery to get away with traffic ticket. Pero sino nga ba ang may sala? ang nanuhol o nagpasuhol? Let us just follow the traffic rules even if others will not.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Maybe its possible.. as long as there are no PUV chasing another PUV..something like PUV2 can not overtake PUV1
    In short enforcement..

Why do I blame PUV the way I drive? Sometimes I want to follow the traffic rules like "Keep Intersection Open", the way I keep it open is everytime I saw the next stop light is on red and full of vehicles like you have no space to move forward. Now at that point I follow to give space with that large X mark painted. The space I left was taken by a PUJ. I was a bit offended(nasira ang pagkalalaki KO!!)and he just made a traffic worse. This is some reason I tailgate, but I realized its to dangerous. Why? Nasa A.Bonifacio ako going to NLEX an HOnda accord galing sa Shell A.bonifacio pasok sya sa lane ko na nasa innermost lane at hindi ako nagbagal nakatutok ako.. SAbi ko sa sarili ko relax lang.. at ayun parng nalipat sakanya yun bilis ko(kakatakot)For now I look for an alternative route that has few PUV para less road rage.

Anyway, we could always be an example to them by following the traffic rules(kahit nakakainis)
    Last edited by Satio; January 22nd, 2007 at 10:24 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    1. Increase the penalty for road violations.
    2. Minimize or eliminate bribery.
    3. Set up more close circuit monitoring systems like what they now have at nlex/slex.
    4. Design our road systems properly. Left turn overpass should be accessed on the right side, not on the left side like what we have. No merging traffic systems, like what we have all over, especially in EDSA (ortigas flyover, Ayala/Edsa, all U turn slots)
    5. U turn slots must be permanently incorporated into the road network, by making them u turn from an overpass/flyover system, and via the right side, thus keeping the left lane as the fast, express lane.
    6. Bus/jeepney stops must be incorporated into the road network, whereby the stops must not hinder the natural flow of that particular road network.
    7. Do not compute the width of a lane just a few inches allowance on each side of a car, this forces the car to be very close with each other, thus slowing the average road speed.
    8. Make sure the roads are smooth, not ragged, up and down patchings that rattle the bones of the passengers if they travel fast.
    9. Put proper road signs way ahead of its intended corner, to allow cars time to maneuver.
    10. Make sure the drivers are properly screened, tested, prior to giving them their driver's license.

THE CONCLUSION? NO CHANCE IN HELL.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    peeps, while on my way to a client in novaliches last saturday, na-traffic ako sa mcarthur highway. as in sobrang traffic! lalong lumala nang nagcounterflow pa ang mga bwisit. observe:

counterflow na nga ang red vehicle, tignan mo ang ginawa ng jeepney sa extreme left
    result:

gridlock! di na makadaan ang crosswind!

ayos ba? wala talagang disiplina!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Good idea, but how's the poor going to get around town then...? I personally rely on a LOT of public transpo myself.
    babaan na lang rates ng taxi tulad sa ibang bansa, yun affordable.

kung magastos pa din, aspire to buy a new car one day. sa dami ba naman ng installments schemes ngaun. or walk na lang sa ibang areas.

main reason naman kaya ayaw maglakad ng tao sa kalsada is bec. of PUVs din eh. ang dumi dumi ng buga nila at to the fact na sila pa puwede makasagasa sayo kasi hindi nila respeto right of way mo.

let's face it, yan naman ang given sa ibang bansa eh. when I was in LA, and wala maghahatid sa'kin. I had to walk to designated govt. subsidized bus stops (na usually hindi sa way ko) or mag-taxi ako.

the walk is enjoyable namin kahit may heat wave noon basta may order sa kalsada.

kung malayo school mo or malayo pinapasukan mo then you have to adjust maghanap ka ng malapit. or tiisin mo long travel daily.

look at Americans, pag lipat company nila sa ibang state, hindi naman mag-kocommute or mag-drive everyday yun padre de pamilya. lipat buong pamilya kahit na matagal na settled na sila sa previous state or resign.

wala eh yan na talaga ang culprit why Filipinos are performing less than developed ones. sobrang inefficient sa arteries. PUVs are like heart clogs. basta may clogs, hindi pa din 100% mag-perform ang body or our country for that matter. and syempre, iba't ibang system ang naapektuhan, even private motorists' driving habits.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Possible pa ba mabago driving habits dito sa Pinas?