New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hey fellas. Just a fair bit of a heads-up.

I was washing my old clunker in front of my house last Saturday, when two persons - male and female - approached me, asking questions whether my family eat at fastfood joints frequently, particularly Pizza Hut, McDo, Shakeys and Jollibee. Since my family and I really don't eat that often at fast food joints, I told them no. However, they kept pestering me with the same question. It was not a good day for me so I finally asked WTF was their hoopla on fast food joints anyway. They told me they were conducting a survey in who eats at fast food joints with their entire household.

I smelled a fish.

I did a quick look-over at those two and I tell you, they don't look like bonafide representatives of any reputable firm doing surveys. The guy was sporting sunglasses (although I faintly saw his eyes always scanning the surroundings), wearing shorts with basketball jersey over a white short for a top. He was wearing a baseball cap. The girl who, according to the guy, was the actual "surveyor", didn't even look prepared for a survey: she only had a pencil and a really small notebook. With surveys, one is usually presented with a set of questions. Just to strengthen my hunch, I asked for IDs. Both said they have IDs but left it at home.

Hmmmm...

I politely shooed them away.

As I was tidying-up, a neighbor of mine approached me and asked if I also agreed to a survey. I said no. I asked the same question to him and his wife. They said yes, they agreed to a survey but cut the survey short when they got suspicious of the two people when they allegedly asked the following questions (in the vernacular):

1. "When you eat out, do you all go out to eat - nobody is left at home?"
    2. "When do you usually eat out, any particular day?"
    3. "How many vehicles do have?" Note: Now WTF does the number of vehicles owned have to do with a fast food survey?
    4. "How much is your household income?"
    5. "Based on your observations, do most of your neighbors and their families all eat out on the same day as you do?"

After that last question, my neighbor politely asked them to leave and according to him, those two people were a bit hesitant because they still have "questions" to ask. Also, he said that the guy who was sporting sunglasses hardly spoke a word: he was just "observing the surroundings", so to speak.

Hey guys (and gals), I might be crying wolf here but in my point of view: better be safe than sorry.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; June 18th, 2007 at 10:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we appreciate the warning sir, thank you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MO nga yun, the guy is staking-out the place while the gal was pretending to do the survey

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    whenever someone rings the bell and asks to do a survey, politely ask for an ID, and then call the number in the ID. if they verify the person, then you can let him/her in.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    fishy nga...
    "When you eat out, do you all go out to eat - nobody is left at home?" --> para malaman nila kung may times na walang katao tao sa bahay nyo?
    "When do you usually eat out, any particular day?" --> valid na sana 'tong tanungin e kaso --- naapektuhan sya nung mga iba pa nilang tanong, thus making it sound like, kailan n'yo iniiwang nakatiwangwang yung bahay nyo?
    "How many vehicles do have?" Note: Now WTF does the number of vehicles owed have to do with a fast food survey? --> which means inaalam nila kung kailan nila pwedeng i-assume na kahit may nakapark dun na sasakyan, e wala talagang tao.
    "How much is your household income?" --> counting the chicks before the eggs hatch? hehe, practical din sila ano? para nga naman di masayang pagod nila.
    "Based on your observations, do most of your neighbors and their families all eat out on the same day as you do?" --> para malaman nila kung may magiging witness

malamang din na kaya tinatanong kung saan kayo pumupunta e para malaman nila kung gaano kayo katagal bago makabalik.

suggestion - be vigilant na lang kayo, advise n'yo rin sa mga kasambahay n'yo. there's a chance na they may be daft enough to push through with their plans even if they weren't able to gather enough intel.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    parang akyat bahay siguro yan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :idea: let's set up a sting operation.

next time they come by, tell them you ALWAYS eat out with the entire family on saturday night, and you don't come home until midnight.

tapos punuin natin ng mga doberman yung bahay nyo and wait for the good times :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    :idea: let's set up a sting operation.

next time they come by, tell them you ALWAYS eat out with the entire family on saturday night, and you don't come home until midnight.

tapos punuin natin ng mga doberman yung bahay nyo and wait for the good times :evillaugh
    amp....:lol:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the heads-up bos

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Daming ganyan ngayon...

Yung kapitbahay namin, nalimas yung bahay nila a few weeks ago.

Buti na lang sa bahay namin, walang mananakaw... :cry2:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Possible new MO: Fast Food "Surveys"