New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Waive SLEX's toll fees from Nichols to Alabang and Back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 94.29%
  • No

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    This is a proposal - I mean for SLEX's Management to still charge toll fees in these routes is plain proof that they lack moral commitment to the public with regards to service.

It was already a long chaos then, the Bicutan and Sucat Intersections already served as a major contributor to heavy traffic in the area. The losers then built the SKYWAY with insufficient funding to complete it up to Alabang that they had to make an exit just right after the Bicutan off-ramp that now serves as heavy traffic major contributor # 2 - given that from three lanes, vehicles will have to merge one lane short. Not to mention that it's placed "strategically" just after the Bicutan exit, thus vehicles merging to the main highway will have to slow down motorists as they carefully merge.

Major Contributor #3 now is the continuation of #2, as it literally wiggles the lanes every now and then whenever construction occurs. Worse area affected is where the northbound lane nears the Bicutan exit and another lane is reserved for those going up to the Skyway, as the road pretty much narrows to a point that a single lane is stretched to serve as a double.

There are other contributors to heavy traffic of course, not to mention the mess they did with the widening of their roads after the Alabang exit. Oh by the way, is it done? How long did it take? I live in a village just along the service road and every darn day is ruined just by leaving the village and trying to go somewhere else using their supposedly "managed" roads.

It has been decades now, what has changed? Look at the intersections in Bicutan and Sucat - they still use the old fashioned traffic enforcer allows this lane to go here and this lane to stop there - does it work? No. Yeah and even on the wee hours traffic occurs on the area because the traffic aides fail to remind themselves that "hey, we forgot to let this lane flow for 30 minutes now." Can't they implement an underground/elevated U-Turn or something in the area? If they can't, well there must be something else that they can think about that should work! They earn millions a day and they can't even hire competent people to actually provide real solutions? Come on! It's already a shame even that those intersections are under YOUR management and you had to wait for the MMDA to be the one to act and at least smoothen out traffic in the area by constructing routes for pedestrians to ply on. Not to mention that things went a lot worse as the SKYWAY construction resumed, heck you're just still way before the Merville exit and it's already a long crawl to Bicutan - oh and did I mention I even experience this at around 12 midnight when traffic should already be well at ease?

I mean this is just unethical in a corporate sense. You begin construction projects that will involve sheer inconvenience to motorists and you don't even console us for your slow constructions? Let me ring a bell:

NLEX was expanded FAST, the LRT-MRT connection is being built FASTER, and how's your SKYWAY Construction doing? As slow as a camel!

And we as motorists who have no other choice but to drive on your supposedly "managed" road waste so many liters of gas just PARKED literally on your "highway" as we all wait for traffic to move - yet, what do your mobile patrol officers focus on? They just pass by, pretend they don't see traffic, stopover on a little corner, chill down and relax, and yeah, still pretend there's no traffic. Sheer idiots.

Consider this as a rant, but come on - GAS ain't going any cheaper, and the least they can do is at least waive the toll fees on those routes to console us if they can't do something about the traffic and if they really have to give us further inconvenience with that SLOWWWWWW Skyway Construction. The bad weather tonight isn't enough of an excuse for them to say that it's the cause of a traffic that will COST motorists 4 long hours just to travel about 7 kms. of road (from BUendia Exit to Bicutan Exit). Have some sense of shame and moral commitment people!

Forgive me for ranting guys, it just literally s*cks how you live in the area and see how these supposedly "professional" people just do nothing to serve their patrons better. They should really be ashamed, especially considering how the North has well beaten them on just service even.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Good suggestion, but I think they will have their ears closed.

Here's a possible reason why that won't happen: lalong tatagal ang construction ng road kung walang bayad

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Good suggestion, but I think they will have their ears closed.

Here's a possible reason why that won't happen: lalong tatagal ang construction ng road kung walang bayad
    If they proposed the construction project on the expectance that budget will be fed to it using ongoing receivables taken from our pockets for it to continue - and with no regards to the current financial problems they are actually having in completing it (Skyway indeed has that problem), then they are pretty much like a bank that's nearing foreclosure and will opt to increase interest just to be able to attract more customers and inject cash on a 50/50 chance that the bank will really still be able to continue its operations or sees filing for bankruptcy as the next step.

I suppose they don't have a good sense of Risk Management as well - what if there's a group of motorists that will host a strike or two for this? Similar to that of what those group of trailer trucks did at NLEX before when they complained of the overloading scheme being too low for average trucks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the major stockholder of CITRA now is Manny Pangilinan...I'm with you on this...waive the toll fee on that area ang lower the toll fee of the skyway...at least make it at par with the fee sa baba

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the major stockholder of CITRA now is Manny Pangilinan...I'm with you on this...waive the toll fee on that area ang lower the toll fee of the skyway...at least make it at par with the fee sa baba

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm with you on this TS, I feel your pain. I feel cheated everytime I pay toll at the SLEX. It seems I am paying to be inconvenienced. Using the service road seems the lesser evil but then as you said, traffic enforcers at the bicutan/sucat intersections are close to useless.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post
    I'm with you on this TS, I feel your pain. I feel cheated everytime I pay toll at the SLEX. It seems I am paying to be inconvenienced. Using the service road seems the lesser evil but then as you said, traffic enforcers at the bicutan/sucat intersections are close to useless.
    kahapon dumaan ako sa service road at nakakatawa kasi nung pagkaliko ko dun sa service road ng bicutan papuntang sucat aba nakakagulat mga kotse sa SLEX hindi gumagalaw napagtripan ko pang picturan tsk.

ot:pero guys kung naiinis po kayo jan mas maasar po kayo kung taga las pinas kayo ako po kasi kahapon rin po naghintay po ako ng halos 45 minutes sa intersection ang pinapadaan lang nila eh sa main road kahit mejo nauubos na (although oo hindi ka nagbabayad hehe)

i agree po na dapat atleast man bawasan yung toll fee napaka unfair sa mga nagbabayad eh? parang kumbaga eh dinidilaan sila ng mga nasa service road na parang magkasing bilis lang sila nung sa slex pero yung sa service raod walang IPITAN walang PRESSURE at walang BUTAS SA BULSA hehe ang meron lang sa service road eh motor na nag oovertake at jeep na biglang pumepreno hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The reason why motorists won't probably get the toll relief they want in SLEX is because of the inutile and useless Toll Regulatory Board.

I think a taxpayer previously won a case in the Supreme Court or Court of Appeals against the PNCC wherein the Court ruled that the PNCC has lost its existence as a legal entity. That being the case, there is no reason for the PNCC to keep charging toll fees as it has lost its juridical capacity. This was what, 2-3 years ago? And yet, they keep robbing us blind. Nagpapa-increase pa!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Given the costs they incurred with building it, they can charge the current price (85 minimum), but other than that I don't see any reason as to why they should keep it pa - I mean even the E-PASS lanes in the Skyway's piling up lines like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post
    It seems I am paying to be inconvenienced.
    Exactly my sentiments Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by kulotz View Post
    kahapon dumaan ako sa service road at nakakatawa kasi nung pagkaliko ko dun sa service road ng bicutan papuntang sucat aba nakakagulat mga kotse sa SLEX hindi gumagalaw napagtripan ko pang picturan tsk.
    Naku buti pa kayo Sir sinuwerte't tama ang dinaanan kagabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    The reason why motorists won't probably get the toll relief they want in SLEX is because of the inutile and useless Toll Regulatory Board.

I think a taxpayer previously won a case in the Supreme Court or Court of Appeals against the PNCC wherein the Court ruled that the PNCC has lost its existence as a legal entity. That being the case, there is no reason for the PNCC to keep charging toll fees as it has lost its juridical capacity. This was what, 2-3 years ago? And yet, they keep robbing us blind. Nagpapa-increase pa!
    That's what's unfortunate around here Sir, thing pops up for today, then goes away unnoticed on the other. Sablay talaga ang sistema per se.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    There are other contributors to heavy traffic of course, not to mention the mess they did with the widening of their roads after the Alabang exit. Oh by the way, is it done? How long did it take? I live in a village just along the service road and every darn day is ruined just by leaving the village and trying to go somewhere else using their supposedly "managed" roads.
    ot:sir saan banda po kayo sa service road? yung nadadaanan ko po kasi na bicutan papuntang sucat yun mga pulis pinaprioritize naman nila yung mga nasa village? hehe

tinignan ko ulet yung mga napicturan ko sa cellphone ko at oo literaly nauunahan ko ung mga nasa lane ng slex considering na nasa service road ako well based dun sa tatlong pictures hehe. nako dapat nga maayos na daan sa SLEX or kahit man bawasan. sa totoo lang kasi kahit ako asar sa daanan kahit naka E-pass ako sa service road parin ako nadaan kasi yun nga parang ninanakawan ka kasi hindi mo nakukuha yung deserved service tsk

pero kahit mas okei sa service road para sa akin, naku mabagal parin talaga

okei lang naman sana mabagal pero yung gas kasi eh diba? haha

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
POLL: Waive SLEX toll fees from Nichols to Alabang until Skyway Construction Ends