New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    From topgear website :
    So you're cruising in your proper lane on a two-way road. You're traveling at a modest speed. Suddenly, a vehicle coming from the opposite side of the road hits you while it's trying to enter your lane. Said vehicle hits you smack in the middle of your car's side. Whose fault is it? No-brainer: The other vehicle, right?

Well, not if you're driving in the Philippines and not if the other vehicle is a police car.

This, basically, is the experience of Nino Sesgundo this weekend in Tagaytay. He narrated in a message sent to TopGear.com.ph: "This happened in Tagaytay, on the road to Mahogany Market. I was cruising at a low speed when this accident happened. See the photos. The most exciting part is that the police told me and my mother that, based on their 'findings', I was the one who made a mistake. They said that because theirs was a marked vehicle, I should have been the one to give way. That may be true, but as you can see in the photos, I had already passed them when they hit me. I just want to raise awareness among my fellow motorists."

The police, added Sesgundo, then forced him to shoulder the damages to both vehicles.
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...ult?ref=latest

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lupet ng pulis na yan no?
    i think the victim can sue for damages too.
    harassment and signing of an agreement under duress.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Read that too di nga ako makapaniwala pag di sumang-ayon ung vios owner to
    sign/agree idedetain pa siya.
    Is it really important too give way to give way to marked police cruisers in an highspeed highway,or give way only when they turned-on their sirens.
    Last edited by crosswind; June 15th, 2015 at 03:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    right of way naman si vios diba. ano kaya pwede kaso nun police?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    P. I. ... Yun lang. Nakakainit ng dugo yan alam nila na hindi aalma yung nabangga
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Is it really important too give way to give way to marked police cruisers in an highspeed highway,or give way only when they turned-on their sirens.
    sumangayon yan dahil sa pressure.... and based dun sa mga details, pati brother nya kasama i detain and impound vehicle.
    kaya nga he signed the agreement under duress.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    sumangayon yan dahil sa pressure.... and based dun sa mga details, pati brother nya kasama i detain and impound vehicle.
    kaya nga he signed the agreement under duress.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Pwede ba talaga idetain kahit damages lang nagawa? Ano ba dapat gawin kapag nabangga ka kahit hindi ng pulis pero maliwanag na at fault yung other party

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    kung kasalanan talaga ito ng kapulisan, kailangang matukoy natin kung sino ba yung driver ng patrol car? Sino ba ang may pinakamalaking ranggo dun sa patrol car?
    Sino ba yung nag coerce sa ina ni Mr. Sesgundo na mag pirma? Was the patrol car really responding an incident?
    1. kailangan nating malaman kung sino yung driver kasi criminal liability for reckless impudence is personal to the driver. there are LGUs also that employ drivers who are not necessarily policemen. kung pulis yung driver, puede ring haharap ng kasong administratiba yan for negligence or irregularity in the performance of duty. puede rin civil case for damages.
    2. it is important also to know kung sino ba yung may pinakamataas na ranggo dun sa patrol car para matukoy natin kung sino yung may command responsibility.
    3. Sino ba yung nag coerce nila? para sa grave coercion kung totoo man yung allegations. Sino yung nag detain? puede yan sampahan ng arbitrary detention.
    4. totoo ba talaga na rumisponde sa alarma yung patrol car. makita yan police blotter. (chronological yung entry ng blotter. no insertion.) kung hindi, at nagwangwang at nagcounter flow pa, malakilaking problema yan.
    5. dumulog sa awtoridad para maimbestigahan. andami puede puntahan-- napolcom, RIAS, ombudsman, ORD, or the city director of tagaytay, may PLEB for citizen's complaint.
    6. yung imbestigasyon naman ng traffic section di naman yan final, may korte tayo.
    7. dumulog din sa pnp women and children's desk, may nakita akong bata dun sa loob ng red vios.
    8. kailangan makilala itong mga na-involved para di naman malahat yung iba na nagsisilbi talaga sa bayan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    Pwede ba talaga idetain kahit damages lang nagawa? Ano ba dapat gawin kapag nabangga ka kahit hindi ng pulis pero maliwanag na at fault yung other party
    nope.... its not a reason for you to be detained/arrested.
    you can only be detailed/arrested if you have an existing warrant of arrest or the police may have been suspecting that you are about to commit a crime.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    nope.... its not a reason for you to be detained/arrested.
    you can only be detailed/arrested if you have an existing warrant of arrest or the police may have been suspecting that you are about to commit a crime.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Parang torture lang na dapat umamin ka kung hindi kukuryentehin o lulunurin ka. Ganyan rin yan e. Mga gago talaga

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast