New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Sigh... that old chestnut?

Honda doesn't want its cars used as police or taxi vehicles because they want to maintain the "prestige" view of the brand here in the Philippines.

In other countries, there are Honda taxis.

In fact... in Germany, you can now buy a special CR-V diesel taxi package:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/08...i-taxi-in.html

Honda doesn't want its cars as taxis here, because a lot of people here see taxis as "cheap" and "common". The number one reason some people use not to buy a Corolla (and it's a damn stupid reason) is that it's "mukhang taxi". Thus Honda imprints the image of the Civic as a "premium" or "sosi" car upon the public by dissuading buyers from using it as a taxi.
    sigh! thats the problem with some of our countrymen, they still got infected with that crap. they dont even think that its the durability that counts & not the looks. and honda has take advantage of that filipino crab mentality. mas matibay pa nga kung tutuusin ang toyota compare sa honda eh.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    sigh! thats the problem with some of our countrymen, they still got infected with that crap...

...honda has take advantage of that filipino crab mentality. mas matibay pa nga kung tutuusin ang toyota compare sa honda eh.
    Well said! This^ makes more sense than the previous 5 threads I've been reading about image combined. Nobody can dictate what I want to do with something I've purchased. Just like the act of ricing cars.

BTW, the wings of the San Juan cop cars are awfully big.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I believe that the San Juan Police car is just for A-Toy's car shows, and not a genuine San Juan Police car.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    BTW, the wings of the San Juan cop cars are awfully big.
    downforce at the rear and to reduce lift= (lotsa) "mahangin" in San Juan

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by deZw07 View Post
    Ooohh nasty! But then again they already have the new LP560-4 Polizia so they figured they'd just crash the old gallardo polizia.
    This one ?

Oh. Sweeeett ! :drool:

Anyways, about the honda -> taxi thing.

Yes it makes Filipinos think that honda is better because of its looks.
    Yes they don't care about its expensive maintenance `cause all they care about is it's exclusivity and not the one who's soo taxi-looking.

By this, Honda now has the right to increase their prices because of their high rate of sales without the people knowing, the cause started from them. Their stupid reasoning.

Well, other honda owners has other better reasons on why did they pick that Honda vehicle ( i.e. the features and stuff bla bla. )

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    I believe that the San Juan Police car is just for A-Toy's car shows, and not a genuine San Juan Police car.
    I see it being driven by the cops. Sometimes, it's parked at the police station beside Greenhills theater.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I've been seeing lots of those San Juan Altis cop cars roaming around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Police Lambo Thrashed