New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Petron, Philcoa Commonwealth ave, around 10pm tonight.
    I was ready to fuel up on my suv(another oil price hike coming up)
    when I noticed a stalled Vios Plate ZRB EP#2. One of the gas boys helped the guy
    push his vehicle out of the fuel pump and next to the garage where a fuel tank truck was parked.
    The guy was accompanied by his gf, both outside hugging each other..... geezz guys, get a room or stay in the car will you?!
    What got to my attention was the guy was using his mobile phone. I immediately went off my suv and went to them and informed
    the guy that what he was doing was dangerous. His stupid reasoning was because his vehicle stalled that's why he was making a call.
    I told him to pls call outside the gas station premise because I highly doubt that he was at least 50ft away from the nearest pump coz it took me less than
    15 paces from the nearest pump to approach him. He provokedly answered to me as if were to challenge me was that "he didn't need this right now!" While looking
    at his vios I asked him if he was the owner, he answered yes, he was. I requested for him to at least show me his ORCR of that vehicle and he answered "I have no obligation to show it to you"
    I mean, hello! I smell a potential citizen arrest here. You're caught red handed doing something wrong and potentialy dangerous! Hey, I was more than willing to show my ID's and Documentation but sadly the guy didn't step up to the plate. Siguro yabangan lang, "it's mine" pero in truth, auto ni mom or dad ito. Sadly, he didn't give me the satisfaction. Perhaps he wasn't thinking that what he was doing was already a violation and a safety hazzard issue, not to mention he was kinda challenging me with his stare alone... I didn't want to tell him who I was so I just requested him to pls make his call at the side of the station. You just have to be patient with individuals like these. He complied because he said "ayaw ko ng gulo/away!" I went back to the station and informed one of the staff there why are they permitting someone like him to make calls like that eventhough if it's an emergency. That's why there are safety regulations put up there in the first place! Besides, I think the dude didn't notice that he was less than 10ft from the gas tank truck while using his cel. After my suv was filled up, I went to his gf and informed her that perhaps her bf wasn't aware of the safety radius of using a mobile phone within the gas station premise MUCH MORE using a mobile phone less than 10ft next to a gas tank truck with fuel. I informed her the next time that will happen, a citizen arrest would be the least of his worries. I thanked her and bid her a good evening. As I left, the guy came back. He was thinking bout his own safety kasi nasiraan siya that he compromised the safety of others. Kailangan pa ba pag sabihan ang mga taong ganito??? Di naman sila bata eh. The End.

Moral lesson besides from using a cel in place like that.

"it's one thing to be arrogant and another thing to be ignorant!"

"Situational awareness lang po!"

"Rules are rules! I personally think that the cel wouldn't ignite the fuel but hey, were purchasing THEIR fuel so we must as well comply!"
    Last edited by SaberRider; January 12th, 2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frankly, there is NO evidence that mobile phones can cause fires at service stations.

The only reason why the Philippines has the stupid anti-celphone law is that the law makers are stupid enough to believe a stupid TXT message without any other proof to verify.

If it was another guy with less than perfect anger control that you were harassing, he might have already knocked you off your feet.

If you think there was a violation of safety protocols, your duty was to inform the attendant and/or manager. PERIOD.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    same with not turning off engine while filling-up. i bet you would spend 24/7 around the gasoline station if you would be consistent with your "concern".

all i read here is failed power trip, the guy didnt provoke you enough. naiinggit ka ba sa hugging nila at pati yun eh pinansin mo lolo?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    You should have informed the management and not confront him personally. Lalo na pinalalabas mo OR/CR. Kung ako yun, sasabihin ko who are you? Buti hindi ka tinira at sabihin na self defense. Mas arrogant ata yung dating mo kasi naka-SUV ka then namomoroblema na siya tapos sisitahin mo pa instead of offering your help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    it's inappropriate to ask for the or/cr of the driver if you are not a law enforcement officer clothed with the authority of demanding the production of such documents in case of infractions. i have not read any special penal law penalizing persons who use cellular phones while in a gas station. if i were in that situation, i will not definitely give such important documents to anybody because it is my right.
    Last edited by beereo; January 12th, 2010 at 02:19 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Frankly, there is NO evidence that mobile phones can cause fires at service stations.

The only reason why the Philippines has the stupid anti-celphone law is that the law makers are stupid enough to believe a stupid TXT message without any other proof to verify.

If it was another guy with less than perfect anger control that you were harassing, he might have already knocked you off your feet.

If you think there was a violation of safety protocols, your duty was to inform the attendant and/or manager. PERIOD.
    +100M to sir GH
    saw it at mythbusters, and its not even plausible to light a gasoline with you mobile phone.

i think TS over react. as if the poor guy have been smoking in the station's premises. in that situation you should have react that way. sorry TS but i have my sympathy with the poor guy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider
    "it's one thing to be arrogant and another thing to be ignorant!"

"Situational awareness lang po!"

"Rules are rules! I personally think that the cel wouldn't ignite the fuel but hey, were purchasing THEIR fuel so we must as well comply!"
    from your post edit di ka pala naniniwala na safety hazard yung mobile phone use sa gas station; why then did you personally harass the guy instead of reporting it to the station management?

sorry but i have more sympathy with vios guy. if using a cellphone in a gas station was dangerous andami na nasunog na stations sa mundo dahil sa mga taong kagaya ni vios guy.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    if using a cellphone in a gas station was dangerous andami na nasunog na stations sa mundo dahil sa mga taong kagaya ni vios guy.
    actually the law is "turn off your cellphone" not "dont use your cellphone". if the TS actually have his cellphone with him and its powered ON while talking to the guy, he might as well arrest himself too.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    actually the law is "turn off your cellphone" not "dont use your cellphone". if the TS actually have his cellphone with him and its powered ON while talking to the guy, he might as well arrest himself too.
    hahaha! o nga pala noh.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    What got to my attention was the guy was using his mobile phone. I immediately went off my suv and went to them and informed the guy that what he was doing was dangerous...

...He was thinking bout his own safety kasi nasiraan siya that he compromised the safety of others.
    Hehehehehe.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Pls don't use your phone inside a gas station Silver Vios ZRB ep# 2