New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thought I'd share my experience with the service shop of Petron along D. Macapagal Avenue. It was December 26, a drizzly day as most of you probably know. I had reported for half a day's worth of work at the office and discovered that my wipers didn't work when I was ready to drive home after lunch. I had gassed up at that Petron several times and it was the nearest service shop to my office (located along Roxas Blvd.) that I could think of at that time. So off I went, driving as best as I could without wipers in the light rain.

I got there without any problems but I was unpleasantly surprised when I was told that I had to pay a diagnostic fee of 360 Pesos, even if they were unable to fix the problem. I was desperate; I had to get back to Q.C. and I couldn't think of any other nearby place I could go to, so I agreed. So the service receptionist assigns a tech to troubleshoot. The guy starts pulling fuses here and measuring with a multitester there with no results. To make a long story short, he failed to find the trouble and decided that the motor was shot and advised me to buy a new one at Evangelista. Somehow, I wasn't very convinced.

I left and drove in the drizzling rain, without a wiper, all the way to Rey's Electrical in Cubao. Not fun!! It took them about 5 minutes to fix the problem: poor grounding. The wiper arms were also installed wrongly but that was another problem altogether. I also had them check why the courtesy light on the driver's side door wouldn't turn off. Found that one of the wires had been stripped and was making contact with the body. Fixed in another 10 minutes. Total cost: 120 Pesos.

Lessons learned:
    1. Go with the tried and tested. I had been intending to go to Rey's but wrongly decided to try the Petron gas station at D. Macapagal because I didn't like the idea of driving all the way to Cubao in the rain. Which I ended up doing anyway!
    2. Check EVERYTHING in your car after having it repainted. Turned out the two problems (among others) were caused by shoddy workmanship by the paint shop staff . But that's another story.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for sharing bro.

I surmise that this is the Petron Gas Station situated at the main intersection (with traffic lights) going to MoA, right? This is the one to your left going to Manila...

There is another Petron Gas Station that is at the opposite side of the road (to your right going to Manila) beside Minerva. This is where I usually gas up.... I do not see any service bay for this gas station.

5000:boom:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bihira naman kasi na yung mekaniko sa mga gas station expert sa electrical. mostly their role is for change oil lang. that's why never ako nagpapatingin ng mga ganyan problem sa gas station.

thanks though for the tip na may charge yung estimates nila.

charged to experienced na lang...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the name of the paint shop?

I hope it's not Starbright!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Grabe naman! P360.00 tapos wala ding nangyari? Tsk,tsk,tsk.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post

Nice one, sir kinyo. hahaha

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    too bad... petron macapagal ang pinakamalakas na petron gas station sa buong metro manila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Thanks for sharing bro.

I surmise that this is the Petron Gas Station situated at the main intersection (with traffic lights) going to MoA, right? This is the one to your left going to Manila...
    Yes that's the one. Didn't even know there was another one along D. Macapagal.

Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post

I'm giving them a chance to rectify their mistakes so I won't name them yet.... but no it's not Starbright. Willing naman daw sila na ayusin ung kapalpakan nila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    ... Willing naman daw sila na ayusin ung kapalpakan nila.
    yup ... it's the same line we heard from ... you know who

eh napaayos mo na ang kapalpakan nila ah ... thanks to rey's ... ano pa ngayon ang balak nilang ayusin?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, it's a gas station... what can you expect? There's only a handful of gas stations with competent mechanics or electricians out here.

Wala bang Petron CCC (Car Care Center) dun sa Macapagal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Petron Station at D. Macapagal Ave.