New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic318 View Post
    What would that do? The Tengs have already ruled against me.

To quote the text sent to me by the owner's son, "Bumigay yung nut mo when Dante was tightening it with an ordinary wrench. The work done was as per your instruction and remedyo as per your request. Hinde dapat bumigay yung bolt mo unless it has hairline cracks. The bushing at the back is thick and we can cut the bushing at the back para umabot yung nut to tighten it."

I have the text saved. Imagine that since it was being tightened by an ordinary wrench such isn't their fault and my radius arm must have had hairline fractures. His first sentence is even wrong cause the nut didn't break. Check the pics. It's the arm that broke. He even wanted to re-use the existing radius arm with a few threads left by cutting the bushing and making it thinner for the nut to reach. Why would anyone agree to such make-shift repair? That's dangerous. Also, what remedyo or instruction could I have given that would require the overtightening of the radius arm? C'mon... Wag nang mag-palusot.
    Check out the receipt on the pics. (Autotechnika uses MANCOR receipts.) They even wrote, toe-in, toe-out. The alignment machine print-out dated Feb 1, 2007 indicates that alignment was being done and not some unusual procedure.

It was a simple case of overtightening and they won't admit it. They immediately blamed a part that does not wear-and-tear and lasts the life of the vehicle.
    that is exactly my sentiments, kung yun owner ayaw na umamin na mali sila what will the SA investigation do? wala rin, kahit lumabas sa investigation na mali nila, overruled pa rin ng mayari...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap magkaroon ng hairline crack ang thread ng radius arm, why? coz it's wrap in a rubber bushing both front and back. even if it makes an up and down motion, assuming the bushings are still good, it won't touch any part of the chassis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Side question lang, hindi ba magkaibigan yung owner at threadstarter? Baka pwedeng idaan sa magandang usapan, tapos reimburse na lang lahat ng gastos. Para lahat happy
    Autotechnika's owner should have settled the matter right there and then.

A settlement or a compromise should have been offerred immediately, barring the points raised by both sides. The fact is, Pao is their former operations manager; a significant and important title and post where implicit trust is a given, any wrong decision by this honcho can make/unmake/break the name of Autotechnika.

And now this! Leaves a bad taste in the mouth irregardless of final outcome.

OT: By the way, heard the buzz that Autotechnika Fort will have it's launching on the 5th of this month and everyone's invited ... who knows, maybe a Patrol Radius Arm will be up for grabs ... sorry Pao for this retort, just something to make you smile and lighten your load a bit ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Autotechnika's owner should have settled the matter right there and then.

A settlement or a compromise should have been offerred immediately, barring the points raised by both sides. The fact is, Pao is their former operations manager; a significant and important title and post where implicit trust is a given, any wrong decision by this honcho can make/unmake/break the name

+1
    parang di ka man lang kilala
    :dito:

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    how about asking for media's help?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    how about asking for media's help?
    No need, Edwin. These forums are enough to let the truth out. I just wanted to vent my frustration. This will already put some dent on their repution.

My Patrol is now up and running and fixing it at the Jag-LR Service Center wasn't difficult. It was just a major hassle and I had to shoulder all costs.

Besides, I'm sure some media guys may have already seen this thread and word will get around.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    So sorry to hear about your experience, I hope AT will perform an unbiased investigation into this matter, I've done business with the Tengs and all's been well naman. Such negative publicity will surely affect their reputation and for their sake, proper compensation is in order if the shop was found to be at fault.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sorry to hear this, pao.

at least now you know their color.

i could do a little...hehehe

for you to go to commonwealth(as i understood it) either from your place of work or residence (if you still live there)....ANG TYAGA MO NAMAN

actually rolf/rookie just texted me...our ever reliable newsman/joker

i am planning to have mine and my friend's auto-trans flushed , but nakakatakot pala, baka sosa ang ilagay, o kaya ay sa c.r. nila dalhin ang oto ko at dun i-flush ...papasipsip ko na lang sa katulong namin

cheers

ted

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    JQP was the "doctor" of my Patrol when he was still in AT Fairview. He gave the right diagnosis and made the correct solutions to the problems of my Patrol. JQP was the main reason I patronize AT. But even when JQP left AT, I still go to AT. For sure, I am satisfied with the service of AT. I also highly recommend it to my friends and to those looking for a casa-like shop. However, with the recent JQP incident, I may have second thoughts now.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Kahit SIGURO ikaw ang at fault [assuming lang], para namang ibang tao ka sa kanila. Sana man lang nakipag-compromise sila sa iyo or something.

Of course, it'd still be ideal if they just replace the whole part. May parts network naman siguro ang shop nila being the big shop that it is.
    tama si sir otep. eto ang masakit, hindi yung pinambili ng radius arm.

sayang maganda pa naman ang 1st experience namin dun sa autotechnika fort, parang kakatakot bumalik tuloy

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Patrol Radius Arm broken by Autotechnika [Resolved]