New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based sa accounts ng threadstarter eh yun owner na mismo ang nakausap niya, and obviuosly he refused to accept responsibility, kung employee ang nagsabin nun, I personally will undrstand it better kasi pwede walang authority na sumalo ng reposnsiblity lalo na mgbabayad ang co sa clients, pero owner na yun nagsabi na wala silang kasalan, so I don't think aayusin nila ito...I hope I"m wrong...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Paolo:

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Damn. That's harsh.

So far my experience with the Fairview branch has been good. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

I've only dealt with the Fort branch once and that was only for emergency belt repalcement.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread and other Autotechnika related threads as reliable service is very hard to find.

As you know, my rig is my daily driver and I can't afford to have it out of commission as I won't have a means of transportation.

I really do hope that everything will resolve itself with favorable results.

:regards:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana sumagot na dito yung representative ng autotechnika,,, para may updates tayong lahat

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    according sun sa shout ni torque, iffoward daw nya na yung message sa Service Advisor for investigation sa issue.. malamang di muna sya nag comment until may info na sya.

hopefully him or one of autotechnika's representatives can express their side on this matter.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pics and dated receipt.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    johnqpublic318,

saludo po ako sa inyo sir for complying on our request, i updated your first post, and nakaattach na din duon yung mga pics...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    There are 3 normally adjustable alignment angles: camber, caster and toe. BUT, on a rigid/solid axle vehicle like the Y60 Patrol, only toe is adjustable.

Others are: Steering Axis Inclination (SAI), Included Angle, Scrub Radius, Riding Height, Set Back, Thrust Angle, Steering Center and Toe-Out-on-Turns.

None of these alignment specifications will require over-tightening of a radius arm to the frame/chassis side.

Can anyone from Autotechnika explain how the over-tightening of a fixed radius arm will help in alignment regardless of the alignment specification that I gave?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The broken arm is the one with the short threaded area. Beside it is a brand-new radius arm. If you snap the end of the radius arm, you cannot re-use it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    according sun sa shout ni torque, iffoward daw nya na yung message sa Service Advisor for investigation sa issue.. malamang di muna sya nag comment until may info na sya.

hopefully him or one of autotechnika's representatives can express their side on this matter.

What would that do? The Tengs have already ruled against me.

To quote the text sent to me by the owner's son, "Bumigay yung nut mo when Dante was tightening it with an ordinary wrench. The work done was as per your instruction and remedyo as per your request. Hinde dapat bumigay yung bolt mo unless it has hairline cracks. The bushing at the back is thick and we can cut the bushing at the back para umabot yung nut to tighten it."

I have the text saved. Imagine that since it was being tightened by an ordinary wrench such isn't their fault and my radius arm must have had hairline fractures. His first sentence is even wrong cause the nut didn't break. Check the pics. It's the arm that broke. He even wanted to re-use the existing radius arm with a few threads left by cutting the bushing and making it thinner for the nut to reach. Why would anyone agree to such make-shift repair? That's dangerous. Also, what remedyo or instruction could I have given that would require the overtightening of the radius arm? C'mon... Wag nang mag-palusot.
    Check out the receipt on the pics. (Autotechnika uses MANCOR receipts.) They even wrote, toe-in, toe-out. The alignment machine print-out dated Feb 1, 2007 indicates that alignment was being done and not some unusual procedure.

It was a simple case of overtightening and they won't admit it. They immediately blamed a part that does not wear-and-tear and lasts the life of the vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit SIGURO ikaw ang at fault [assuming lang], para namang ibang tao ka sa kanila. Sana man lang nakipag-compromise sila sa iyo or something.

Of course, it'd still be ideal if they just replace the whole part. May parts network naman siguro ang shop nila being the big shop that it is.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Patrol Radius Arm broken by Autotechnika [Resolved]