New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    engot talaga mga ganyan. dapat ang sagot sa "Ano pake-alam mo?!" ay mag iskandalo siya at sumigaw ng "kung ikaw lang mamamatay pagbumagsak ang eroplano dahil sa pagtext mong yan, wala. pero since madadamay ako at ibang pasahero, lahat kami dito may pakialam!!!" ewan ko lang kung hindi matunaw sa hiya yan. pwede pang ipa-detain ng airline.

also, if you remove your seatbelts or stand up before the plane has fully stopped/parked, watch the video where an Airbus A380 clipped the tail of a regional jet on the taxiway. dun niyo makikita sense ng rule.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    naka-kuha siguro ng 0 peso fare ang mga taga-squatter na yan, kaya ganyan umasta.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    agree on this.

pwede po kayo gumamit ng phone or laptops kapag nasa ere na kayo unless requested by captain dahil meron problem.

sa take off and landing dapat off na muna ulit sila.

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Usual pasaway attitude of some pinoys. Unless may bantay, gagawa talaga ng kalokohan. But celphones, laptops and other electronic device are allowed in-flight w/ specific airlines. But they are only not allowed during take-off and landing.

Is there any incident where celphones or laptops caused a plane to crash?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry for saying this but most pinoys, g*go talaga when complying with airline rules and regulations. To note some of the events I had witnessed.

1. Nowaday, you can open your cellphone maski nag-ta-taxi na ang airplane. Before, it was strict na only when the plane is parked then that is the time you open your cellphone. Naku po, daming pinoy, ka-la-land lang, bukas kaagad ng cellphone, Tawag and text kaagad.

2. Bawal mag tanggal ng seatbelts at mag-bukas ng overhead compartment para kunin ang bag kapag nag-ta-taxi pa lang ang airplane. Ayun. Pag-land, tayo kaagad at kinukuha ang bag. Sinigawan ng stewardess tuloy.

3. Pumipila na kaagad sa departure gate maski walang boarding call, only to find in the end na ang boarding ay by seat row number at malayo pa number nya.

4. Eto gimik lang naman. Sa departure gate ulit, they strike a conversation with a female na may batang dala. Kapag boarding, sumasabay sila doon para first to board sila.

5. Inuuwi ang life jackets. Nuff said.

These are not one time events. Its very common to see these infractions being made.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hindi naman siguro majority ng Pinoy ay ganyan.. meron lang talagang mga pasaway. Ang problema, yung karamihang pasaway ay yung mga dapat nagbibigay ng magandang example sa ibang tao.
    Kaya naguunahan makapasok sa eroplano dahil sobra daming handcarry..natatakot na maubusan ng lalagyan. Ewan ko lang kung bakit naatubiling makababa sa eroplano, alam naman nila na ma-la-late yung bagahe nila kesa sa kanila..tao nga naman o..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    +1 better follow the rules than sorry....

sabi dito...

"... The primary concern is that cell phones may interfere with the navigation and communication systems of the plane, potentially resulting in devastating failure. Numerous airlines have reported disruptions in cabin pressure, compass function, and wireless navigation systems associated with the use of cell phones on board."
    quoting from same site...

As a pilot I will go ahead and say that most phones do not make a lick of difference in the plane. However, a few do. I was taking my father on a cross country flight the other day and my dad was doing business on his phone (so busy, ha ha) and I couldn't figure out why I could barely hear approach and they could barely hear me.
    So after about 15 minutes, I asked my dad to turn his new Iphone off and voila! I was able to communicate again with approach. Coincidence? Maybe. but if it was the phone and I was in IMC that could have been fatal.
    Sure, a phone in the back of a 747 might not make a difference but the FAA puts the rule in place for everyone, not just certain planes. It's universal - anon128195

I am a flight attendant and would like to add my two cents' worth.
    Yes, it is an FAA rule to shut off, not just put to sleep, your cell phone during taxi, take-off and landing. But the other reason is that taxi, take-off and landing are the most dangerous part of your journey on a plane. And if an emergency is happening, we as flight attendants, need 100 percent of passengers' attention.
    If a large portion of passengers are on the phone and we have to run around the cabin getting everyone's attention to follow instructions, it could cost valuable minutes and possibly lives.
    Just a side note: stop acting like seven year olds who were told to stop watching TV and having a hissy fit.
    There are some things in life that do not make sense and that you will have to do anyway. Stop blaming the flight attendants for the FAA rule. Call or write to the FAA. - anon134477

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sad to say, pero ang daming pinoy kase ngayon na feeling matatalino.

pag meron ipinagbabawal, di susunod kase di naniniwala sa dahilan ng pagbabawal.

sasabihin pa na "urban legend" lang naman daw ang mga yun.

pero pag me masamang nangyari dahil sa katigasan ng mga ulo, wala naman itlog para harapin ang responsibilidad.

maghahanap pa ng ibang masisisi.

dapat diyan sa mga makukulit na ganyan sa eroplano eh pinapahiya.

nung tinago ang cellphone nung padating na yung attendant, dapat siyan sinabihan ng...

"o ba't mo tinago ang cellphone mo? duwag ka naman pala eh akala mo kung sino kang umasta!"

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dahil sa internet at mythbusters kaya nagmamarunong na mga tao! haha feeling mas marunong na sa experts. hehe

i agree dun sa comment ng FA. it's not just about the celphone signal causing the plane to crash. it's also about getting their attention in emergencies. also what if the plane suddenly encounters wild turbulence? you wouldn't want to be hit with a flying celphone or laptop diba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    dahil sa internet at mythbusters kaya nagmamarunong na mga tao! haha feeling mas marunong na sa experts. hehe

But Mythbusters have a point.

They have proved that mobile phones and laptop PCs do not interfere with the instruments of airplanes.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But Mythbusters have a point.

They have proved that mobile phones and laptop PCs do not interfere with the instruments of airplanes.

tama ka diyan brader.

nga lang, meron pa sigurong ibang dahilan kung bakit ipinagbabawal yung paggamit ng cellphone sa eroplano.

ang maigi talaga eh pag bawal, wag na lang magmakulit sana.

kung di mapigilan ang pagtetelepono, aba eh wag nang sumakay ng eroplano.

magbarko o magbus na lang (kung pwede).

wala naman kaseng namimilit na sumakay ng eroplano sa mga mokong na yan.

sasakay-sakay sa eroplano tapos ayaw naman sumunod sa patakaran tsk tsk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Passenger on Cebu Pacific using Cellphone