New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    This happened on a Cebu Pacific domestic flight from Legaspi, Albay to Manila. My sister who witnessed this unbelievable act was seated behind the jerk who was seen using his LG Smartphone, this person used his cellphone 4 times, he was sending Text messages, his phone wasn't even in Flight mode, during in-flight and crucially while landing. She did tap the person using his phone kindly asking him to turn it off but she only got a reply; "Ano pake-alam mo?!" from the guy. After that she motioned to get the Flight Attendant with the call button but by the time the Attendant came the *ssh0le hid his phone away.

Is there is a law/regulation banning the use of Cellular devices and is it punishable by law here in the Philippines? I know in the States the FAA bans this and you could end up in Federal Prison.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sa federal prison sya makukulong? hindi sa muntinlupa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, non-compliance is punishable by law here in the Philippines. Buti nalang tinago niya.

Personally, I don't believe that cellphone signals are a source of trouble in airlines. Most modern aircrafts have cellular shielding anyway. But it's still better to be safe than sorry so comply parin ako.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ahh, similar case yung sa PAL passenger na nakasabayan ko last April 11 from Cebu to Manila. Patake off yung plane tapos nagring yung phone niya. Buti nalang pinatay niya at walang crew na nakapansin.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    naku maraming ganyan........pinoy pa.

minsan nga palapag pa lang yung plane sa NAIA, maririnig mo na yung "welcome SMS" warning sa cellphone nila, ibig sabihin binubuksan na nila yung phone nila, kahit malayo pa sa tube........

eh ang requirement, dapat full stop na yung plane, bago mo i-on yung phone mo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sarap batukan ng mga ganyan.

reminds me of this scene

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I noticed that happening on Cebu Pacific flights.

I also believe the cellphone signal interference is a non-factor really but a rule is a rule and it irks me more to see people disregarding it. Imagine also how irritating it is to be on a closed area such as a plane with someone yapping away or texting away on his cellphone.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mga walang pinag-aralan. kung meron man, andun sa talampakan... inaapakan.

or....

nagyayabang sa LG Smartphone phone nya, show off baga.

pede naman kasing upon boarding dun ipaalam na "boarding n me...", then pagfullstop after landing saka magsend ng.. "d2 n me.... c u l8tr..".

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Actually, non-compliance is punishable by law here in the Philippines. Buti nalang tinago niya.

Personally, I don't believe that cellphone signals are a source of trouble in airlines. Most modern aircrafts have cellular shielding anyway. But it's still better to be safe than sorry so comply parin ako.
    +1, better safe than sorry ika nga. Tsaka mahirap masisi at mapahiya if ever.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Usual pasaway attitude of some pinoys. Unless may bantay, gagawa talaga ng kalokohan. But celphones, laptops and other electronic device are allowed in-flight w/ specific airlines. But they are only not allowed during take-off and landing.

Is there any incident where celphones or laptops caused a plane to crash?
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 18th, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Passenger on Cebu Pacific using Cellphone