New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This happened to me once. A guy and a girl asked me if they could ride with me. I said yes as the drop-off point was on my route which was the intersection of Edsa-Ayala. When we got there, they asked to be dropped off where the buses where stopping so I went to the bus lane. After I dropped them off, a traffic enforcer approached me and told me that I'm not supposed to be in the bus lane and that I committed a violation. Now this really pissed me off as I was unfamiliar with this particular rule. Needless to say, I was fined and inconvenienced. The next time they asked me again, I told them I got caught by the enforcers for dropping them off so I won't do it again.

I totally agree with Cathy with how the people who really inconvenience you and are abusive are the ones who have never owned a car. But then, I guess it is this same fact that causes their ignorance. However, politeness and courteousness are two qualities that seem to be in short supply in these modern times.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    may office mate din akong nakikisabay dati, sobrang lakas magsara ng pinto. minsan ko napagsabihan, natsismis pa ko na sobra maarte.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This topic hits a raw nerve in me. This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the so called "pasabay".

It is in my character not to cause inconvenience to people. As such, I always bring my own transportation. The reason why I learned how to drive at a very young age (16) is that I am somebody who hates waiting up. I need to come and go as I please without regard to others. And then come these people, the "pasabays". In principle, "pasabay" is okay as lang as you do not cause the car owner any inconvenience all all.

Here are some rules that "pasabay" should follow:

1. Don't make the car owner wait - I have this pasabay male officemate who has this irritating habit of making me wait. Those who work in the CBD know how ten mins can make such a difference traffic wise.

2. Don't impose on the drop off location - know the car owner's route and choose a drop off point that will not cause the car owner to deviate from his normal route. My officemate previously mentioned chooses a drop off point where public transpo is available, and we all know what this means - traffic. The reason why I bring my car everyday is so I can control my route so this really pisses me off!

3. Be mindful not to cause any harm/damage to the car - I can't help but cringe every time the door gets slammed hard and when the matting gets out of place. I'm not the obssessive compulsive type, I am just a person expecting common courtesy.

4. Do not violate the car owner's personal space - changing the car stereo or the aircon temperature and vent. Always ask the owner's permission first or better yet always assume that the owner minds.

5. Do not volunteer another person's car - I hate being put on the stop by third parties saying "o ihatid mo na si" esp if this comes from a guy. This happened to me once when a male officemate has this brilliant suggestion since my female boss and I live in the same city that I should just bring her home. It's totally out of the the way, it's dark going to and from there, it was past 3 in the morning. My safety was put on compromise. I wonder my Dad would have reacted had he heard this guy suggesting that I be the one to take our female companion home instead of him. And to add insult to injury, he also made "pasabay" WOW. Chivalry is so DEAD. Just because I have a car does not automatically mean that I will be safe at all times.

6. Be courteous - if you're going to make "pasabay" for a long trip, have the courtesy to offer to pay for toll, parking or even gas. Most likely the car owner will not take your offer, but extending courtesy is much appreciated.

7. Don't make pasabay smelling like cigarettes or food - I keep my car smelling new and I am even mindful of what I purchase so that the smell does not stick in my car. It infuriates me when somebody makes pasabay and stinks of cigarettes

These are things that I wish I could tell people but I could not. It's just not in my character to tell people off so I end up being abused by people who have total disregard or are ignorant of decorum. I don't have any problems in my inner circle as we all follow these rules, it's mostly with people that are just acquaintances that give me trouble.

I also noticed that common violators of these rules are people who never owned a car. They do not know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of "pasabay".

It is simply disheartening that common courtesy is not that common. Sometimes I would like to know what goes on inside the heads of bastos people. Are they even aware that they are violating us???
    Sapul na sapul to. Can we post this somewhere visible to the majority? hehehe! wag naman sana masamaain ng iba pero totoo naman e.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Nuong college,- basta't chic,- okay >>> may kasamang smack (walang malisya, ha?)....:naughty2:

Ngayon,- okay lang. Halos lahat naman sila, alam na maselan ako sa sasakyan....

18.3:tomato:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    FRIENDS naman pala e, ok lang yan. pero simple officemates lang at di naman close, iba usapan yun. naghahatid din ako ng marikina, antipolo, angono at cavite kung friends. kahit sabihin nilang taxi na lang sila hinahatid ko sa pintuan ng bahay nila.
    Same here. Basta good friends naghahatiran kami or even set a carpool schedule if may lakad kami and it's automatic that we share for toll, gas or parking fees. My friends also know how clean i am with the car and they reciprocate this when they ride. Not anyone can drive my car but they let me drive theirs given they know that i take care of the car (even if i drive it hard when were on the highway, minsan gusto din nila yan as it decarbonizes their engine). Kahit nga office-issued car maingat pa rin ako sa mga lubak and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Nuong college,- basta't chic,- okay >>> may kasamang smack (walang malisya, ha?)....:naughty2:
    18.3:tomato:
    Haay... ang layo ng inaabot ko nung college dahil sa ganyan. "Alabang ka? Hey i'm heading that way as well, need a lift?" (eh QC lang talaga ako... hehe). Kahit si misis, nung iniistylan ko pa lang, gumawa pa ako ng dahilan na iuwi siya sa probinsya after office one weekend. :D

As for officemates, thankfully people who don't know me well find me aloof and suplado so nahihiya sila to ask me fora lift.
    Last edited by vinj; February 26th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Very interesting thread.. I'm sure all of us in one way or the other have expereinced this...

In my case its a bit of the opposite.... My current squeeze.. when she sees people she knows in the village,, she goes, " Uy si ano... sabay na natin... " and I go.." uh-oh no way" but of course she gets her way...

so I end up...
    1. obliged to make nonsensical conversation
    2. cant say what I want to say to my significant other
    3, dust gets tracked into the floor mats
    4 and I have to drop off the other party to a convenient Public transp place

One time I even had a a woman and her young son as (unwanted) passenger and the kid... while in the back seat.. used his fingernails to chip off parts of my tint ..grrr

what takes the cake is... a couple of years a go.. while going down Baguio on a motorcycle.. I stopped to ask for directions near the Junction in La Union.. and after giving directions the guy I was asking directions from.. gous..'pasabay... malapit lang puntahan ko...."WTF..." hahahaha.....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Haay... ang layo ng inaabot ko nung college dahil sa ganyan. "Alabang ka? Hey i'm heading that way as well, need a lift?" (eh QC lang talaga ako... hehe). Kahit si misis, nung iniistylan ko pa lang, gumawa pa ako ng dahilan na iuwi siya sa probinsya after office one weekend. :D

As for officemates, thankfully people who don't know me well find me aloof and suplado so nahihiya sila to ask me fora lift.
    Ang tawag ko riyan bro,- investment....

Same story tayo. Opposite sides of the Metro nga lang....

Nuong GF ko pa lang ang room mate ko,- araw-araw (most of the times including Sat and Sun) inihahatid ko siya sa QC, after our gimik.....

I leave their place at around 1AM,- arrive in our place in LPC at 2AM... Bed at 3AM.....

Gising ng 600/630AM - pasok at 7AM/Office at 8AM.... Insomnia!!!...

(Ganyan talaga ang mga asul, bro.------> suplado... )

18.3K:tomato:
    Last edited by CVT; February 26th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1 View Post
    what takes the cake is... a couple of years a go.. while going down Baguio on a motorcycle.. I stopped to ask for directions near the Junction in La Union.. and after giving directions the guy I was asking directions from.. gous..'pasabay... malapit lang puntahan ko...."WTF..." hahahaha.....
    Ako naman, nung nagbabayad ng toll sa Subic Expressway, tinanong ako ng lady sa toll booth kung pa-Manila ako at kung pwede makisabay (mag-isa lang ako that time). I just politely said sorry and no, with a sheepish smile.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ang tawag ko riyan bro,- investment....

Same story tayo. Opposite sides of the Metro nga lang....

Nuong GF ko pa lang ang room mate ko,- araw-araw inihahatid ko siya sa QC, after our gimik.....

I leave their place at around 1AM,- arrive in our place in LPC at 2AM... Bed at 3AM.....

Gising ng 600/630AM - pasok at 7AM/Office at 8AM.... Insomnia!!!...

(Ganyan talaga ang mga asul, bro.------> suplado... )

18.3K:tomato:
    Eh yung berde? Easy to get? Si LSB Berdeng berde yun... :D (beep beep bossing ).

But yes, investment nga yun.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    experienced the same...may officemate na sumasabay...nagpapaanay pa sa meeting place eh nasa alanganing lugar...pagupo, adjust seats, aayusin aircon vents to his convenience, pasak ng earphones na pagkalakas lakas sabay...TULOG! WTF! Pag pauwi, same scenario...ako pa nahihiya na gisingin sya kasi nasa babaan nya na kami...Ngyon hindi ko na isinasabay...pag nagtext sakin early morning na kung pwedeng pasabay, excuse ko ihahatid ko pa sister ko sa school...after ni ha ni ho, wala ng reply...mapapabuntong hininga ka nalang...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^^ whoa grabe pala investment mo sir CVT
    buti na lang we came from the same place ni wifey
    tsala wala pa akong kotse nun
    Last edited by greenlyt; February 26th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast