Kakilala
    Baba siya sa dadaanan ko
    Hindi magkakalat
    Hindi ako nagmamadali
    Wala akong pupuntahan na iba
    hindi araw-araw
    Hindi 3 ang sasakay sa likod
    hindi magpapalipat ng station ng radyo
    Last edited by LiempoBoi; February 26th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my car is my personal space. sorry.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    minsan may sinabay akong babae, sinabay ko naman kaai ganda eh, binabaybay namin quezon ave, manila bound, nagrequest ba naman na pede daw ba kaming dumaan sa araneta ave at nakaburol yung kakilala nya dun, well ok maganda ka naman and i have time pede ko sya idaan dun, saang punerarya don? di daw nya alam isa-isahin na lang daw namin yung mga punerarya dun sa araneta ave. ginawa ko dumaan ako sa ilalim ng araneta at sinabing di na kami makakaliko papuntang araneta.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    officemate ko, papasok, pauwi, sumasabay. minsan ginagalaw yung dial ng aircon, ang likot sa upuan, may amoy (yosi pwe!) amoy kainan, etc. ginagawa ko, di ko pinapansin mga hirit niya. matamlay ang dating ko sa kanya most of the time sa kotse. magcecellphone, ang lakas ng boses! di ako makaconcentrate. naglalaro pa lakas ng volume. malamig ako sa kanya pag ginagawa niya yang mga bagay na yan. pag bababa, susme ang kamay! nagmamarka sa pillars! (maselan ako sa kotse ko eh.) pag uuwi naman, bad trip kadalasan. minamadali pa akong mag ayos ng gamit ko! siya pa nauunang sumakay sa auto! di ako ganyan kahit pa sa kotse ng best friend ko. ginagalang ko kotse niya. kapag galing sa sa leave, sya ma may ganang mag text na kung papasok ako! buset! abuso! although humahati sa toll. pero kahit na! bawas-bawasan sana niya yang mga yan!
    Last edited by erj22; February 26th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This topic hits a raw nerve in me. This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the so called "pasabay".

It is in my character not to cause inconvenience to people. As such, I always bring my own transportation. The reason why I learned how to drive at a very young age (16) is that I am somebody who hates waiting up. I need to come and go as I please without regard to others. And then come these people, the "pasabays". In principle, "pasabay" is okay as lang as you do not cause the car owner any inconvenience all all.

Here are some rules that "pasabay" should follow:

1. Don't make the car owner wait - I have this pasabay male officemate who has this irritating habit of making me wait. Those who work in the CBD know how ten mins can make such a difference traffic wise.

2. Don't impose on the drop off location - know the car owner's route and choose a drop off point that will not cause the car owner to deviate from his normal route. My officemate previously mentioned chooses a drop off point where public transpo is available, and we all know what this means - traffic. The reason why I bring my car everyday is so I can control my route so this really pisses me off!

3. Be mindful not to cause any harm/damage to the car - I can't help but cringe every time the door gets slammed hard and when the matting gets out of place. I'm not the obssessive compulsive type, I am just a person expecting common courtesy.

4. Do not violate the car owner's personal space - changing the car stereo or the aircon temperature and vent. Always ask the owner's permission first or better yet always assume that the owner minds.

5. Do not volunteer another person's car - I hate being put on the stop by third parties saying "o ihatid mo na si" esp if this comes from a guy. This happened to me once when a male officemate has this brilliant suggestion since my female boss and I live in the same city that I should just bring her home. It's totally out of the the way, it's dark going to and from there, it was past 3 in the morning. My safety was put on compromise. I wonder my Dad would have reacted had he heard this guy suggesting that I be the one to take our female companion home instead of him. And to add insult to injury, he also made "pasabay" WOW. Chivalry is so DEAD. Just because I have a car does not automatically mean that I will be safe at all times.

6. Be courteous - if you're going to make "pasabay" for a long trip, have the courtesy to offer to pay for toll, parking or even gas. Most likely the car owner will not take your offer, but extending courtesy is much appreciated.

7. Don't make pasabay smelling like cigarettes or food - I keep my car smelling new and I am even mindful of what I purchase so that the smell does not stick in my car. It infuriates me when somebody makes pasabay and stinks of cigarettes

These are things that I wish I could tell people but I could not. It's just not in my character to tell people off so I end up being abused by people who have total disregard or are ignorant of decorum. I don't have any problems in my inner circle as we all follow these rules, it's mostly with people that are just acquaintances that give me trouble.

I also noticed that common violators of these rules are people who never owned a car. They do not know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of "pasabay".

It is simply disheartening that common courtesy is not that common. Sometimes I would like to know what goes on inside the heads of bastos people. Are they even aware that they are violating us???
    Last edited by _Cathy_; February 26th, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post

Ang talagang hindi ko ma take yung mga nagpapa hintay. Paalis ka na pero magpapahintay pa. Kesa may concall daw for just 10mins.. or mag C-CR lang.

WORSE --- as far as you know, isa lang ang sasabay sa yo. Tapos sasabihin mo sa kanya na maghihintay ka na sa car.
    So punta ka na sa car mo.
    Pag dating niya, may kasama siyang 3 ibang tao! Buntis pa yung isa. Tapos sasabihin niya sa yo, "Uy...nalaman nilang EDSA->Kamuning ang daan mo eh. Gusto daw nila sumabay. Okay lang?"

PWEDE ka bang tumanggi eh nasa harap mo na yung 3?
    Kung sa akin, magpapahintay? Ah leche, iwan ko kayo. Magsasabay ng di ko kilala? Pasensiya na ha. Sa iba nalang muna kayo sumabay. Straight to the point.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This topic hits a raw nerve in me. This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the so called "pasabay".

It is in my character not to cause inconvenience to people. As such, I always bring my own transportation. The reason why I learned how to drive at a very young age (16) is that I am somebody who hates waiting up. I need to come and go as I please without regard to others. And then come these people, the "pasabays". In principle, "pasabay" is okay as lang as you do not cause the car owner any inconvenience all all.

Here are some rules that "pasabay" should follow:

1. Don't make the car owner wait - I have this pasabay male officemate who has this irritating habit of making me wait. Those who work in the CBD know how ten mins can make such a difference traffic wise.

2. Don't impose on the drop off location - know the car owner's route and choose a drop off point that will not cause the car owner to deviate from his normal route. My officemate previously mentioned chooses a drop off point where public transpo is available, and we all know what this means - traffic. The reason why I bring my car everyday is so I can control my route so this really pisses me off!

3. Be mindful not to cause any harm/damage to the car - I can't help but cringe every time the door gets slammed hard and when the matting gets out of place. I'm not the obssessive compulsive type, I am just a person expecting common courtesy.

4. Do not violate the car owner's personal space - changing the car stereo or the aircon temperature and vent. Always ask the owner's permission first or better yet always assume that the owner minds.

5. Do not volunteer another person's car - I hate being put on the stop by third parties saying "o ihatid mo na si" esp if this comes from a guy. This happened to me once when a male officemate has this brilliant suggestion since my female boss and I live in the same city that I should just bring her home. It's totally out of the the way, it's dark going to and from there, it was past 3 in the morning. My safety was put on compromise. I wonder my Dad would have reacted had he heard this guy suggesting that I be the one to take our female companion home instead of him. And to add insult to injury, he also made "pasabay" WOW. Chivalry is so DEAD. Just because I have a car does not automatically mean that I will be safe at all times.

6. Be courteous - if you're going to make "pasabay" for a long trip, have the courtesy to offer to pay for toll, parking or even gas. Most likely the car owner will not take your offer, but extending courtesy is much appreciated.

7. Don't make pasabay smelling like cigarettes or food - I keep my car smelling new and I am even mindful of what I purchase so that the smell does not stick in my car. It infuriates me when somebody makes pasabay and stinks of cigarettes

These are things that I wish I could tell people but I could not. It's just not in my character to tell people off so I end up being abused by people who have total disregard or are ignorant of decorum. I don't have any problems in my inner circle as we all follow these rules, it's mostly with people that are just acquaintances that give me trouble.

I also noticed that common violators of these rules are people who never owned a car. They do not know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of "pasabay".

It is simply disheartening that common courtesy is not that common. Sometimes I would like to know what goes on inside the heads of bastos people. Are they even aware that they are violating us???

very well said!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *Cathy_for_you

It's not that they're not aware, they just don't care. I had my share of similar experiences, buntong hininga na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Ayoko sa nakikisabay yung nagmamarunong sa dadaanan

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    i totally agree with what cathy said. in fact, i think we have the same attitude towards our car and towards theae kind of people. the only differenfe is that qhenever i am violated or my car is i tell that person what he or she did pissee me off

i also agree on the part where you said that people are bastos to your car because they’ve never owned a car before. it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast