New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ouch. I eat there all the time.

I really try my hardest to park in front of the restos, even if it's not the one I'm eating at... as long as there's lots of people around. The gravel parking lot really isn't secure.

There's roving security, but there aren't any barricades at the exits. If you don't give your ticket and rush out, what are they going to do? Chase you on their bicycles?

Kahit saan ka mag-park... common sense pa rin... don't leave your vehicle in a temptingly remote spot, and don't leave your valuables in plain sight.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ooopppsss.. delikado ito, dito pa naman madalas tumambay ang mga alabangers ingat po tayo mga peeps, talagang pahirap na ng pahirap ang buhay, wala na pinapatawad na lugar at oras

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    apparently so. but it sure lulls one into a false sense of security
    It does? Kasi ako whenever I park say, in Powerplant, I never leave valuables inside the car. The ticket/card they give you when you enter doesn't mean nothing in your car will get stolen. For me, it just means they'll (the robbers) have a very, very hard time getting the vehicle outside the parking area.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kaya nga ako bumili ng E61, kaysa magdala ng laptop araw-araw eh.

naks plugging!

pero seriously, moderno na din po mga thieves, they're familiar with laptop bags, camera bags, mobile dvd players sa tsikot, mini-projectors and other gadgets. sa mga tig 20 pesos ng i-cafe lang makikita mo mga yan nagbabasa din dito sa mga tech forums kaya alam na alam na nila yan.

last year sa Manila sa Kalaw, pinuwersa ng master key yun Chevy venture namin kasi may sinakay ako projector screen. wala naman dun yun projector at dala ko pero grabe gasgas ng passenger side key and pag loose ng handle. may detachment pa dun ng pulis sa Luneta.

heavily-tinted pa yun van ha. pero natiktikan ata ako.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    crime rate is going up during the holidays. nagnanakaw para me pang celebrate ng Christmas? sana mabilaukan habang kumakain ang mga magnanakaw na ito. kung naka survive, tamaan sana ng ligaw na bala sa new year...

tsk tsk tsk. masama sanang mag wish ng ganito at paskong pasko pero nakakainis eh...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The moral lesson is: never give the (would be) thieves a reason to open your car...

Place all valuables out of plain sight... Better yet, take it with you...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I read somewhere na those cars that park backwards catch the attention of crooks much more than those that park forwards (normally).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I read somewhere na those cars that park backwards catch the attention of crooks much more than those that park forwards (normally).
    This is true if they wanna steal the car. If they just wanna steal the stuff inside, your parking preference won't really matter.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    too bad, guarded parking doesnt assure us that it is safe and secured..

next time , owner-type jeep na lang dalhin natin para wala ng babasaging passenger window...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k2tingx View Post
    too bad, guarded parking doesnt assure us that it is safe and secured..
    yeah, it's unfortunate. although i think the supreme court has already declared that pay parking establishments are liable for such theft, despite what's written on the ticket. when they collect fees, it's not only for renting the space, but also for the security of your car and its belongings. i don't know for free ticketed parking though. anyhow, this does not assure you of a hassle free claim, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    It does? Kasi ako whenever I park say, in Powerplant, I never leave valuables inside the car. The ticket/card they give you when you enter doesn't mean nothing in your car will get stolen. For me, it just means they'll (the robbers) have a very, very hard time getting the vehicle outside the parking area.
    To some extent, i don't even think they'll have such a hard time. Clerks at the exit booths rarely, if ever, check whether the plate indicated in the ticket corresponds to the exiting car's plate. If someone really wanted your car bad, they can bring in a stolen car and take another out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Parking theft on the rise... Congo Grill Alabang