New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by av8or5
    tsikoteers..just park sa podium and walk if you go megamall .

tama.... gawain ko ito eh... hehehe

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    rule of thumb in mall parking anywhere any season

be there at 930 am IF ur chores require you to do so

NOW key here is to let ur wifey know that rule is non negotiable

IF you're trying to catch dinner or a movie with u gf (or worse take her shopping) then both of you should have the patience of Job since both your stress levels will move up

it may not be a bad idea to just go home or be creative and do something else

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I park at Shangri-La. I like the steep ramps there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by johnnyd
    this happened to my friend in megamall. when he saw a free slot he started to park the car when all a sudden may babae na tumayo & said reserved na. he said la pa naman car. e ayaw umalis, pinabayaan niya. tapos sama pa tingin ng bf ng babae. pumarada friend at another floor tapos binababaan yung car. got his swiss knife & used the chisel on the car. scraped to metal! talsikan daw paint & primer.

boys & girls, don't do this at the mall, its very dangerous!
    hahahaha... :D

reserved my arse...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    OK basa inyo yung "park and ride" ng MRT?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by rlp1099
    rule of thumb in mall parking anywhere any season

be there at 930 am IF ur chores require you to do so

NOW key here is to let ur wifey know that rule is non negotiable
    Ah. I'm glad my wife and I agree on this. Unfortunately, my wife's friends and family have different ideas. They'd often plan gimmicks in the most crowded and car unfriendly places you can think of. Hindi naman makayanan ng misis kong tumanggi sa kanila. Kaya ayun. Hinahatid - sundo ko na lang yung misis ko. To hell with her friends and family. :mad:

Originally posted by rlp1099
    IF you're trying to catch dinner or a movie with u gf (or worse take her shopping) then both of you should have the patience of Job since both your stress levels will move up
    I don't have the patience of JOB. That's why I avoid going to such places when I know that parking will be bad.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Originally posted by OTEP
    I park at Shangri-La. I like the steep ramps there.
    argee ako kay boss OTEP.... ganyan ginawa ko nung DELO transhow.. kaysa naman sa open parking ka ng megamall no.. bka pagbalik ko... wala na ako balikan... pero other than that, i don't usually go to malls like megamall.. masyado crowded... i either go to podium, powerplant or shangri-la na lang.. maarte na kung maarte pero kse naiirita ako pag madami tao eh..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by av8or5
    tsikoteers..just park sa podium and walk if you go megamall, less hassle..now if galleria mall kayo...hmmm...good luck....if sa makati..park ka na lang park square 2..cheaper parking fee..less people. or..better yet....mrt na lang...faster...less traffic.... happy shopping.
    Yup, the Podium lot is becoming my favorite parking space para sa mga alanganing oras na biyahe sa Megamall, although nakakatyempo pa naman ako ng slot sa Mega open parking. Sa Galleria naman, mabilis ang turn-over ng sasakyan. I have yet to encounter any problems parking there. Napansin ko kasi na andaming drivers ang nagsusumiksik sa 1st and 2nd tier basement parking ng Gale. Ilag sila sa 3rd level parking. Eh dun nga pinakamarami ang parking slots, as I have consistently seen. Komo kasi lowest level, mga ayaw dun magpunta, kaya andami tuloy bakante, hehehehe.

Robinson's East naman, sa may Marcos Highway, na-disorient ako the first time. Biruin nyo, indoor parking na libre?! It took me a while for this to sink in, akala ko nagbibiro lang yung security guard.

Pero THE BEST parking experience so far for me? Sa Edsa Shangri-La 5th level. I was waiting for a vacant parking slot one weekend, when a guy with white hair signaled me towards an area blocked off with a chain. That was reserved parking for the mall's tenants. He ordered a security guard to remove the chain so I could avail of one of the parking slots. Tinanong ko pa si lolo kung pwede mag-park dun. Sabi niya pwede daw, so I thanked him and proceeded to park.

Papasok na ako ng mall when the guard made small talk about the lack of parking. Sabi ko, buti na lang pinayagan akong mag-park dun. To which the guard replied, "Ah, presidente po namin yung nagpa-park sa inyo."

Feeling VIP ako for the rest of the day. Mas na-appreciate ko tuloy ang Shang. :cool:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 24th, 2004 at 02:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    hmm..gawain ng mom ko yan during the old days..nung mga bata pa kami. pero mali talaga yun. hehe papagalitan ko nga mmya.

anyway, pag megamall usually park ako sa podium less hassle talaga. sobra kasing daming nagpapark sa megamall eh even during non-sale days. pag makati naman, usually park kami sa park square 2 basement..para la masyadong tao..kung di naman, sa glorietta 3 car park or even sa 6750 car park (layo lang nga) :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually talo ka both ways sa "reserved" parking kuno. IF you force you way in to park, they'll most likely get back at you.

I do the ff:
    - Go really early and have a nice breakfast nearby.
    - If i go at a "peak" time, i park in another area (i.e. Podium, Shang... 6750... etc.). If i can commute or hitch then all the better.

Halos tapos na ako sa Christmas shopping... Divisoria da best!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Parking lot (tao o kotse?)