New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hello, have you ever experienced looking for a parking spot when you've found one you cannot park bec. there are some wooden/metal barrier indicating "reserve" or if you've found one and parked you will be asked to remove your car bec. it is reserved even worse your car has been scratched bec. some selfish fool dind want you to park or worse while parked some fool in a tow truck saw your car and towed it without hesitation.

note: the parking spot I am talking is a public space and has no parking sign
    was placed.

to admin: im not sure whether to place this in poll, sorry.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you already sait it, it's a reserve parking, so talagang papaalisin ka doon...kung meron barricade then look for another spot...eh talagang they will scratch your vehicle if you insist on parking on a reserve spot..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    what i am talking about is parking on the street which is owned by the government of the Philippines, since we all paid our taxes we have also the right to park.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    double post

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    IMHO...nobody has the right to park in a public street....kasi kaya nga street sya di ba?para daanan....
    dun sa sinabi mong you have the right to park...pano naman yung right ng ibang tao to pass there?taxes are being paid for the maintenance of the street para madaanan....sa pagkakaalam ko,ang dami nang mga local ordinance against street parking....at napakarami na ring batas regarding this....so kung ok lang na mag-park, these laws and ordinances would never have been approved....
    just my 2 cents....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Unless there's an actual parking attendant (preferably a security guard or the local barangay tanod) who allows you to park and will watch over your vehicle (with/without fees), don't park on a public street.

Apart from being inconsiderate to pedestrians and other motorists, there's also the danger of theft to your vehicle and its contents.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 12th, 2007 at 11:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    matagal na ako nag lurk dito sa tsikot, maganda kasi mga topic saka nakaka aliw yung mga post. lurk na lang sana ako, kaso nakita ko yung thread about parking so mag rant lang ako. eto kasi problema namin ngayon.

yung isang bahay namin located sa looban, eto yung may provision para sa garage. so dito namin nilalagay yung sasakyan. ang problema ang hirap maglabas dahil yung daanan nilagyan na ng mga tindahan. as in turo turo, yung mga lamesa nasa labas, at merong malalaking payong na parang tolda. pwede pilitin mag maneho kaso pinang pina ka, at mag excuse ka pa sa may ari ng tindahan. habang dumadaan ka makakarinig ka ng o libre ka na a, bakit hindi mo pa ituloy. hindi naman ganito dati dito, kaso pinayagan na ng barangay. may mga squatters sa daraanan namin so makakakita ka din ng naglalaba, kulungan ng manok, at malaking bato minsan sa gitna ng daan.

ang nangyayari tuloy commute kami kapag kailangan namin bumiyahe, o kung mag taxi sa malayo kami bababa. kung may binili kaming gamit, lakad kami ng malayo. tinatamad na din ako mag dala ng sasakyan kasi stressful pag labas pa lang ng garahe. reklamo sa barangay? parang malabo mga sir, kasi alam ko may kita sila dito sa mga business na to saka baka mag ka samaan lang ng loob ng mga kapitbahay.

naisip ko solution, bili ako ng maliit na sasakyan na 2nd hand tapos iparada ko sa kalye doon sa may labasan. sa harap nung isang bahay namin. para kapag kailangan namin ng sasakyan may magamit. bawal nga yung naiisip ko, kaso sunod ka naman sa batas, parang ikaw pa talo. ok, haba na e. hehe!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala akong maisip na solution sa problema mo..mahirap nga yan, mas maganda lumipat na lang kayo na tirahan at mahirap yan ganyan na meron kang parking space, meron kang car tapos hinde mo naman magamit....

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sorry for the double post i did not noticed.

pobreparin- Im not talking about parking in the middle of the road, im talking
    about parking on the side of the road. if there are several
    ordinance against parking on the streets how come some cities
    i.e. city of manila issues parking permits. c'mon dont tell me that
    you haven't park on the street.

Bogeyman- hmmmm. how can parking on the side of the street be
    inconsiderate to the pedestrians are'nt they suppose to walk on
    the side walk, about the motorist part that why we must first
    check if our cars can obstruct the flow of traffic, about don't
    park on a public street part if its illegal to park how come they
    did not place "no parking sign" on all the streets? no budget? i
    doubt.

shadow- well mahirap nga tol. useless pla ang kotse sa pilipinas di din
    magagamit bawal mag park e.

Final statement.
    my point is. does any person has a right to place a "reserve" sign on a public street, implying that he or she has the only the right to park on that spot, just like claiming that they own that spot. pls dont be confused.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    if there are several ordinance against parking on the streets how come some cities i.e. city of manila issues parking permits.
    That's the point; you don't just park on any public street, unless the city expressly allows it. You'll know it's allowed when there's a designated attendant who charges fees and issues receipts on behalf of the city government. If there's neither a "Parking" nor a "No Parking" sign, and nobody's around for you to verify, assume that parking is not allowed on the immediate area. Better to err on the side of caution.

And, it would be wise to take note of Violation 58A under the LTO's guidelines: Driving or parking in a place not designed for parking or driving (i.e. sidewalks, alleys, etc.) that carries a fine of PhP150.

Quote Originally Posted by doofy View Post
    how can parking on the side of the street be inconsiderate to the pedestrians are'nt they suppose to walk on the side walk
    Yup, ideally they should be on the sidewalk. But assuming there's hardly any sidewalk space because of either those pesky vendors or establishments that hog the sidewalk as their own parking space, they end up walking on the streetside. And with parked cars taking up that space as well, they'll have no choice but to walk down the middle of the road.

about the motorist part that why we must first check if our cars can obstruct the flow of traffic
    Under normal circumstances, it's easy. However, you never know when emergency services (fire, ambulance, police) will need to use the exact road space that you've parked on.

about don't park on a public street part if its illegal to park how come they did not place "no parking sign" on all the streets? no budget? i doubt.
    While parking on a public street may not be so much a legal issue everywhere, it's definitely a safety concern. A co-worker's RAV4, parked in an outdoor pay parking facility, had the misfortune of being hit on the hood by a cue ball that came sailing out of a billiard hall located several storeys up. Multiply that risk at least five times when you park on a public street, where your vehicle could be hit by a falling flower pot, a rusted gutter, or a severed power line (plus the pole). Worse, a reckless driver might even crash into your parked car. (ouch!) And then. there's always the remote possibility of your car becoming collateral damage in the event of an impromptu gang war or shootout. (Praning ba, hehehe.)

It's also a matter of security. Ask yourself:

- Am I ready to fork out money to replace my stolen side mirrors, tire valve caps, lug nuts, decals, spare tire, radio antenna, taillights ad nauseum, not to mention the valuables inside my car?
    - Am I willing to have my car unceremoniously towed, then go through the hassle of claiming it at the impoundment, as well as repairing the damage sustained during towing?
    - Am I ready to buy a new car if my present one gets stolen while parked outside?

If your answer to all of these is 'yes', then by all means go ahead and park on any public street. Don't let us stop you, big spender.

my point is. does any person has a right to place a "reserve" sign on a public street, implying that he or she has the only the right to park on that spot, just like claiming that they own that spot.
    It's always better to have a parking attendant vouch for the availability of a particular parking space, instead of someone arbitrarily staking a claim by way of a "Reserved Parking" sign. The next time you see another such instance on the street, just take comfort in the thought that it's their risk, not yours.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 14th, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

parking.