New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Kaya hindi umuunlad ang Pinas eh.

Kung sino ung unang umangal..Malamang sila ung mga hindi marunong sumunod. Tapos maghahanap na lang ng masisisi..Lintek.

Okay na talaga ako sa Martial Law ulit.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    lately parang tinatamad na ako mag-drive.. sa sobrang dami na kasi ang walang disiplina sa kalye ( kotse & tao ).

pakiramdam ko kasi sa mga tao ngayon.."parang wala akong pakialam sa inyo..basta't nasa pedestrian lane ako...di mo naman ako kayang sagasaan eh"....(kahit green light na para sa mga kotse)..

Hayyy!!....kakapagod na talaga magdrive..
    Last edited by hens; July 26th, 2004 at 07:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Sa Japan takot ang kotse sa pedestrian talagang hinto sila. Even sa escalator lalo nasa mga train station mapansin mo lahat sila nasa kaliwa, bakit kasi pag may nagmamadali nakakadaan sa kanan talagang disiplinado sila.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    I copy pasted a blog by one of your members, named LJ Diaz, you might want to educate your member cause he seem to forget that the pedestrians have the right of way over motorists in any given situation. Heto yong blog niya for your reference:
    This is somehow a rant rather than something useful, but still you may consider it one.
    Okay so this is pointed to those pedestrians who use the pedestrian lanes improperly.
    Yeah, as a driver, I do respect those people who use the pedestrian lanes rather than those who jaywalk, specially on major roads and highways.
    But please, if you are one of those pedestrians, make sure that you also follow the pedestrian set of rules when using pedestrian lanes.
    I am mentioning the lanes that are rather placed under the stoplights.
    Yung iba kasi, they use the pedestrian lane na as if they own that lane. Its much like whenever they are stepping on that lane, its as if they rule the whole world, na it won’t matter how slow you cross that lane, you cannot be hit by any incoming cars, as if there is a barrier or anything.
    But to tell you the truth, some drivers would like to hit you and run away, kasi madalas sinasadya niyo eh, specially those pedestrian lanes located at stoplights.
    Couldn’t you see that there is a pedestrian stoplight for you? Why not use it and save yourself from all the hassle, expenses and whatnot.Next time, don’t be stupid, when crossing the pedestrian lane, always remember, you are in the Philippines, so there is a big chance that you might just get what you really deserve. eto ung link: http://www.ljdiaz.com/stupid-pedestr.../#comment-2110.

I would like to make a comment on this phrase that he said:

I am mentioning the lanes that are rather placed under the stoplights.
    Yung iba kasi, they use the pedestrian lane na as if they own that lane. Its much like whenever they are stepping on that lane, its as if they rule the whole world, na it won’t matter how slow you cross that lane, you cannot be hit by any incoming cars, as if there is a barrier or anything.

What ifthat pedestrian happen to be sick incapacitated of rushing himself to cross the lane? Isn't the purpose of pedestrian lane to protect the pedestrians? Why then are they threatened by irresponsible motorists, what's even scary is he is a registered nurse, meaning he's tending people's lives. Wala bang ethical bearing to sa philippine Nurses Association? Di ba ang isa sa mga oath ng nurse is to protect and save life at ALL cost? Mukhang mas trip netong makapatay, dapat yata sa funeraria to nagtatrabaho eh.

Paki educate lang ung member niyo, louis james diaz buong name, www.ljdiaz.com site niya.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ehem, ganda to.......:popcorn::pepsi:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tsk, tsk... smear post *distaste*

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    there exists a word as "common sense" (although sometimes hindi sya ganun ka-common)
    Last edited by claRkEnt; May 27th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ayan na.......

para sa akin, defensive driving pa rin, always keep your cool kahit na sino pa man ang may kasalanan, pabayaan na lang..... mas magulo kung may kasuhan at aberya pa.... kung pwede naman pagpasensyahan eh pagpasensyahan na lang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Obviously, the hot-headed pedestrian seems to have never driven a car before here in Metro Manila, or else, he/she would know what the blog poster is going on about and understand to an extent.

Obviously, any driver with common sense and a good head on his/her shoulders would immediately notice whether the person crossing the lane is sick/incapacitated/old and would immediately understand and give way. Otherwise, the driver would just be a plain bully.

Problem here is that most pedestrians almost *never* use pedestrian stoplights in crossings; Add the fact that the default rule of the law where the one who has hit a person is always at fault, you get people who just cross the street at anytime, go over center islands just to cross the street, or never use any available overpasses. (Anybody who has driven in Recto/Morayta-Espana intersection/Q.Ave. knows what I'm on about.)

Edit: Well well well...somewhat related to the topic, just seen this video from Youtube posted in technogra.ph...

(Edited for those with low bandwidth, just change hxxp to http)
    hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_T_cC87ts

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    quote me

[SIZE=3]C[/SIZE]ars
    [SIZE=3]O[/SIZE]rderly
    [SIZE=3]U[/SIZE]se
    [SIZE=3]R[/SIZE]equires
    [SIZE=3]T[/SIZE]raffic
    [SIZE=3]E[/SIZE]tiquette &
    [SIZE=3]S[/SIZE]tarts with
    [SIZE=3]Y[/SIZE]ou

and i believe courtesy extends to everyone rightfully using the road...

my :twocents:

cars? eh panu kung truck, suv, bike, etc...
    Last edited by slamtaz; May 28th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Para saan ang Pedestrian Lane?