New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Just saw the picture.

Why not park it straight pero sagad sa kabilang linya?

At any rate, assuming this was not a tsikoteer or known to a tsikoteer, I am sure this picture would have made it to the thread mentioned above
    para saan yung linya?
    (devil's advocate)
    Last edited by claRkEnt; January 7th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just saw the picture.

At any rate, assuming this was not a tsikoteer or known to a tsikoteer, I am sure this picture would have made it to the thread mentioned above
    AFAIK, he angled it just so that he could open the door freely since it was pretty much a blank spot at the corner (you can see the reflection of the parking lot layout on the paint of the car if you're using a large enough screen).

Yes, it may look dumb-ass parking at first but if you were to compare it with some posts on the tsikot bad parking thread, so as the car was not taking up two or more parking slots, blocking a passageway, driveway, etc., tsikoteers usually deem it to be generally acceptable AFAIK. For me, the ish was the guy posted it without showing the entire scenario so as to intentionally make the car look bad and take a rap at the medical profession for no reason; kung nakita yung buong parking layout, may laban pa.
    Last edited by vinj; January 7th, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    gusto lang sumikat nung nag post

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    So my little brother parks his car at the far end of the parking lot. On the last slot. He parks it at an angle so the coupe's long door wont hit or dent the car next to it when opened and to allow for access to the child seat behind the driver's seat. The space to the right of the car is not a parking slot. Just a vacant slab of cement.

Now comes this know it all shutterbug and snaps a photo of the car and submits it to the site. Even emphasizing the fact that the car has an "MD Badge" on it. Site admin blindly uploads it.

Fact is car was parked as such so as not to damage adjacent vehicle and shutterbug intentionally shoots the photo up close so it cant be seen that the car is at the end of the lot and there is no more parking slot on its other side.

Ibang tao talaga. Basta maka post lang sa facebook... Site admin wont even delete photo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...otif¬if_t=like
    Okay na pala eh, nabara na din yung nagpost na hindi nag-iisip.

Hayaan mo na doc, baka kelangan na operahan sa mata or utak. Baka gusto pro bono.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just saw the picture.

The GC is a long car with long doors and if you parked it 'sagad' sa kabilang linya, The car parked perpendicularly near the front passenger side corner of the GC might have some difficulty maneuvering out. Looks like a pick up truck? This is not my father's sporty car which has long doors but still a very short overall length.

That's why my brother prefers to park this thing at the far ends of parking lots (even if there are empty slots near the entrances) and just walk the extra few hundred meters or so. He uses a beat up w123 diesel for weekday driving.

My only beef with the page is that their admins refuse to take down the photo despite requests to do so. Unlike here at our side of town where the mods usually respond quick enough to requests or complaints.

One of the guys who 'shared' the photo on his timeline was at least kind enough to take it down. Turns out he is a fellow firefighter and made no qualms about our request.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My only beef with the page is that their admins refuse to take down the photo despite requests to do so. Unlike here at our side of town where the mods usually respond quick enough to requests or complaints.
    Gawa tayo ng page "Para kang g*g0 mag-admin ng FB page"?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Gawa tayo ng page "Para kang g*g0 mag-admin ng FB page"?
    Nireport ko na sa FB. I hope it works.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The GC is a long car with long doors and if you parked it 'sagad' sa kabilang linya, The car parked perpendicularly near the front passenger side corner of the GC might have some difficulty maneuvering out. Looks like a pick up truck? This is not my father's sporty car which has long doors but still a very short overall length.

That's why my brother prefers to park this thing at the far ends of parking lots (even if there are empty slots near the entrances) and just walk the extra few hundred meters or so. He uses a beat up w123 diesel for weekday driving.

One of the guys who 'shared' the photo on his timeline was at least kind enough to take it down. Turns out he is a fellow firefighter and made no qualms about our request.
    Sorry but i think your brother should have parked the car still following the lines.. he can park it on the far side of the lot at left side given its empty having long doors is not an excuse! Tawag dyan naka balagbag style. Even though it may not cause any inconvenience to others it still an eyesore in the lot were all cars are parked parallel to the lines

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, the space on the passenger side is no longer a parking slot. Its just idle space. You can see the reflection of the pick up parked perpendicular to the GC on the passenger side front corner of the bumper. Sometimes what looks best isnt exactly what works best. Yup having long doors is not an excuse, lets just bang it against the crv when opened. Then crv owner will complain, genesis hit my car blah blah blah. Nagbigay ka na nga ng consideration sa ibang users ng facility, ikaw pa din ang masama. I use the car sometimes and frankly it is a pain in the behind to use given the local infrastructure available. The doors are about 1.5 times longer than the doors on my full sized suv. It cant even go up the neighborhood gas station because the driveway is too steep.

So kapag hindi maganda tignan gago na agad? No different from that guy that mocks my car because of the shovel on the roof and why I cant get in those underground garages or why I have to park funny to avoid low hanging structures in enclosed parking spaces. Hehe.

Here is what the cali guys to to end-lot slots. Done mainly to avoid dings on their cars. The space behind the black SLK is similar to where the GC was parked. image.jpg

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    That's why others suggested to park it straight pero sagad dun sa side which you say is idle space that way you have ample space to open the driver side. Now if there are others that will enter the car on the passenger side then you put out the car first then they enter. Ok lang even if you park stepping on the lines at least you parked it straight. I also park on the end slots so i have a free side to use

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast