New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    To the poster of this thread. I'm sorry, if you're trying to get sympathy from the people of this forum, or even trying to justify the moves that you made and turn the tables on the aggressive moves of the oncoming SUV, let me tell you that based on the sketch that you posted, objectively, ALL overtakers were at fault.

It is a VIOLATION to overtake on a bridge unless there is a clear obstruction. In this case, there was none. Therefore, the Swift and yourself were at fault. No ifs or buts about that.

Regarding the aggression of the oncoming driver? Yes, he might have been aggressive, but the fact remains that he actually gave way based on your sketch. He might have done it in an aggressive way, and I am not saying that he did the right thing, but the thing with Pinoy drivers is that we always counterflow even when we know that it is a clear VIOLATION. Then if we encounter people like this oncoming SUV who try to assert their right of way, we even think that they're "maangas." I think that it was his only way to remind you that you were doing the wrong thing. Otherwise, your post would not be in this forum, and both the Swift and yourself would have thought that its still ok to drive this way. Well, your wrong. And I hope that you learned your lesson the hard way.

At the end of the day, it is what it is---a violation. You got away with it this time, but I hope you learn your lesson well and be more conscious about it in the future. You didn't meet an accident and should be thankful.

Drive safely.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i still don't prefer his big block of metal as a study material. nakakamatay =D
    di naman siguro oovertake si swift kung meron talaga. pero nagtake rin sya ng chance/risk. trouble is nakasalubong sya ng ivler na gusto ng perfect world at tinakot sya by accelerating hard at makipag-patintero sa kanya. nasa kamay kasi ni suv ang magreinforce ng law. malas-malas lang.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    double post *

ang tanong ko lang e parang nasagot na. kasi big question saken sa nangyari is ok lang ba yung ganun na maneuver. accepted pala yung ganun di ko kasi alam. kaya pala may accidents kasi intentional rin minsan at kahit na morally liable e tama parin dahil ayon sa batas nasa tama sya.

galing lang nahulaan yung intention ko pero sige na nga yun na yung pakay ko.

pero kahit na alam ko na accepted yung ganun na pagtatama ng mali e di ko parin kaya talaga gawin. iwas na lang ako or pagbibigyan ko na. LTO ang dapat mag-educate ng drivers at yung mga forums na ganito. Di ko nga rin alam bat ba ako papaapekto nga naman sa nasa likod ko edi mag-overtake nga naman sila. Thanks sa feedbacks or sa simpatya kung yun ang akala nyo na kailangan ko. joke. hehe

Naisip ko tuloy palitan ang dream car ko ng isang SUV para di na ako bubusinahan sa likod? =p

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You are both at fault, but the overtakers have the bigger fault, dude. Admit it. C'mon, accept your wrongdoing, and move on...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you guys didn't overtake in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

I would think if he was schooling you, he knows exactly what he is doing, and with a calculated risk.

Look at this as a blessing in disguise, now you know (and I hope the guy in the Swift too) na bawal mag-overtake sa bridge. You got away from that incident alive. Knowing what you know now, it may save your life in the future naman.

Drive safely.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Amen to that ^^
    sana nabasa rin ni swift guy to'
    ang nakita ko lang kasi yung moral aspect di yung technical/law side. hehe
    thanks sa feedback. good to have you guys sa tsikot forum.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    In the first place, the swift must not have overtaken the truck if the opposite lane is not clear, the driver must have checked it first, the SUV driver did his inappropriate acts because he simply knew that what the swift driver did was wrong for him. And what ever happens, the SUV is in the proper lane.

Next is for the SUV, the driver must have given courtesy if there is still space, but if there is none, the SUV cannot do anything but to play chicken with the swift.

Like what sir Renzo said, both parties are doing something wrong.

Sabi nga sa TV, "baka may mali".

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kala rin ni swift na di sya sasalubungin kasi nung nagturn si SUV nasa left-most lane sya. 4 lanes kasi yun. yung orange sa illustration mga kariton, padyak, motor na slow moving rin. clear sana yung lane na hiniram nung mga nasalikod ng truck na may poste e sinalubong nga nung suv. ang sistema kasi dyan pinag-oovertake talaga nung enforcers sa dulo-gitna ng east bank rd. ayun e bawal nga kahit malaki at leveled yung bridge kasi bridge parin.

baka nga may mali. right ka dyan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    TS swerte nyo hindi kayo binanga at ginasgasan kikita pa sana oldSUV kung sakali dahil wala kayo sa tamang lugar... given na deliberate pag bungo/sagi pag sketch nyan sa papel/police report kayo parin talo...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    both of you are idiots not worthy of a steering wheel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Old SUV na sinasalubong ang mga nag-oovertake