New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've just undergone the most humiliating experience... just this week, my side mirrors were taken from the Crosswind while it was parked near my new apartment. I took it all in stride, as I was admittedly remiss in parking it too far away and in an unlit area (I normally park on the corner near a security post and a regular local's tambayan.).

I got the shock of my life though, when I found out that my corner lamps were stolen!

I'm not going to give any clues, but Crosswind owners out there should check under their hoods to see how this is possible. Suffice to say, the effort required to remove pre-Sportivo corner lights is quite minimal, and it can be done in less than a minute, WITHOUT destroying the screw or moulding holding it in place. All that's needed is a flathead screwdriver and a mallet.

Crosswind owners ought to consider fastening these lights more securely.

Irony of the situation? The powered side mirrors will cost 11,000++ to fix... the lights cost me 1,600p each.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tsktsk puntahan mo banawe malamng andun un nakabitay na 4 sale

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky... WB sa boards...

btw, when I went to Vietnam, all the cars there have alumnimum guard / garnish strips covering the gap between the panel & lights (from headlamps to side markers). let's just hope that this doesn't catch on here in the PH.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm beginning to think they're a good idea.

I went to evangelista for temporary mirrors... just didn't feel like buying back my own mirrors from those a$$holes at Banaue...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Napag-usapan namin ni Ungas dati iyang nakawan ng corner lamps ng Crosswinds. Ang dami kasing nabibiktima dito sa paligid ng UST.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    lahat ng sasakyan basta skillful ang magnanakaw. Advanture ng pinsan ko buong harapan nanakaw (grilles, headlights, bumpers, at signal lights) 1 hour lang nakapark sa may malapit sa tondo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    lahat ng sasakyan basta skillful ang magnanakaw. Advanture ng pinsan ko buong harapan nanakaw (grilles, headlights, bumpers, at signal lights) 1 hour lang nakapark sa may malapit sa tondo
    holy sh1t.

We have a Mitsu Adv back home, at street parked lang yun. awa ng Diyos 1 beses pa lang napitik side mirrors nun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=2] iba talaga pinoy, maabilidad! tsk tsk [/SIZE]
    Last edited by CaRGirL; March 5th, 2005 at 01:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL
    [SIZE=2] iba talaga pinoy, maabilidad! tsk tsk [/SIZE]
    sa katarantaduhan..........

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    lol.

Doesn't matter how good the thief, any built in security or reinforcement is a good deterrent. What really shocks me is how damn easy it is, once you see how it's done... my opinion of the engineers who design Isuzus is now at an all-time low... not the least because my alarm failed to go off during the incident... (and it's NOT a blown fuse... the alarm works for 2-3 thousand km, then stops working for another 2-3 thousand km, then works again... rubbish.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
old Crosswind accessories, too easy to steal!