New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by otto_girl
    sabi ng dealer, yung delivery receipt at sales invoice ay valid ng 7 days.. after nun, bigyan nya daw ako ng OR CR na ibig sabihin ay narehistro na sasakyan pero wala pang plate.. sabi nya pede daw ilabas sasakyan kahit lagpas na 7 days bsta meron na OR CR, tama po ba yun?

thanks
    baka pwede na. may nakikita ako mga sasakyan na may 'Registered No Plate Available' nakalagay e. though, hintay ka rin ng mga ibang advise ng mga kapamilya natin dito sa tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It's best na maging patient ka na lang chief at antayin ung plaka... kasi lahat di pwede sa kotongerong buwitre.

Kung masyadong malalim, eto: Kahit anong pagdadahilan mo, kokotongan at kokotongan ka ng mga sanay ng mangotong na pulis sa daan. =)

Antay antay lang... darating rin po yang mga plaka na yan. =)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tawag ka na lang sa hotline nila.

pwede naman verify kung bakit sya matagal.

ako nag verify kung bakit matagal after 2 weeks wala pa din. yun pala hindi pa binigay nung auto dealer ko.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by otto_girl
    sabi ng dealer, yung delivery receipt at sales invoice ay valid ng 7 days.. after nun, bigyan nya daw ako ng OR CR na ibig sabihin ay narehistro na sasakyan pero wala pang plate.. sabi nya pede daw ilabas sasakyan kahit lagpas na 7 days bsta meron na OR CR, tama po ba yun?

thanks
    Having an OR and CR won't cut it. Wala ka pa rin plate, so pag nag matigas ang mga kotong cops, wala kang laban.

Less hassle, if you say you just got the car, and show them a "copy" of your INV/DR.

BTW, Makati is very notorious sa mga patigasan. I've been flagged down 4 times doon. I just showed them the my photocopied docs, and no questions asked.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    hanep sa advise. i-falsify ba ang mga dokumento. today delivery receipts, tomorrow..who knows. hehehe.
    Let's just say I was doing something similar to what Sherman McCoy (Tom Hanks) did sa "The Bonfire of Vanities".

BTW, INV/DR not a public document.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Got mine after 2 weeks, after purchasing Mazda Tribut.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Got ours 5 weeks after pa for our HiAce....pero was able to bring it around the Metro and even as far as Ilocos without a hassle.

Ohh...btw, my brod was in the media kaya I was carrying their station ID marker...kaya ayun with matching saludo pa pagdating sa mga chkpoints.

Hehe! my bad!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    got my after 5days

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I live and work in Makati so I've driven around hot spot areas like CBD, Bel Air and Pasong Tamo, etc for at least a month before I got my plates. Also traversed San Juan, Pasig and Manila during rush hours and never got flagged down by officers of varying colors. Now this isn't to encourage anyone to just throw caution to the wind and hit the road plateless, but... if you have to then by all means drive with caution and some fair bit amount of silly but practical tips.
    First, have your unit's exterior detailed by experts like BigBert's. A car that looks like it just came out fresh from a casa will have them thinking twice. I used to detail it myself daily especially the tires, thanks to all the folks from the detailing thread. Second, anything visual inciting attention like bodykits and modifications is detrimental to your objective at least for now. The point is to be able to drive the car just below any radar. Third, any traffic violation attracts attention like inappropriate shifting of lanes (darn pinoy drivers- I'm use to driving in one lane abroad). A Fortuner and a Bimmer without plates on a separate occasions got caught because of a minor parking violation. So do defensive driving, and follow the rules strictly, and they won't bother you. Fifth, stay on the middle lane as much as possible until of course you need to change directions. It would be a bother for those guys to pull you out from the traffic and besides, you'll be hidden partially from their view on both sides of the road. Sixth, plan things ahead and know all your shortcuts and small streets avoiding as much as possible the hotspot areas. A road map is invaluable at this point. Seventh, stay calm when you spot an officer and act normally (patay malisya?) as if you've got plates all over your car. Many times I've driven pass by a group of them while ignoring them in the process. Eight, if you can acquire a badge, or an ID of a high gov official, scrap all seven tips and hang the precious thing in your rearview mirror. They'll even give you a salute while you happily drive away to your destination. So far, that's all there was to it. I can't apply the eight tip, so I combined all seven for the first few days to test the water. The combination has finally shrunk to two tips just before the end of the month when I was notified that I will have my plates very soon. Anyway, anyone else who has a suggestion (silly and all) feel free to jump in. Again may I remind you to drive only if you need to. Otherwise, wait na lang ng isang "#$%*" bwan! Darn this bureaucracy!

Cheers

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the tips helios, hehe..
    btw, san ba ang dealer mo? ang tagal mo pala naghintay sa plates.
    sabi sa kin at most 3 weeks daw yung plates.. sana nga mas mabilis pa.. im crossing my fingers, heheh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
no plate no travel policy??