New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good evening, I need your advise po on what to do sa situation na ito.

Last week, I was involved in a road incident. I was on my way home from Filinvest to Las Pinas. Traffic wasnt heavy but there was a slight build-up that time, incident happened near Mcdonalds along Alabang-Zapote road a little past 10PM. I was driving my Honda City and on my front is a Toyota Innova. Medyo slow moving ang mga sasakyan when suddenly instead of accelerating, pa-atras si Innova. I realiized na mababangga ako so busina nako ng busina until the Innova collided with my Honda City. My wife was first to approach them and driver of the Innova and his wife was apologizing, they are explaining how they are lost and they are trying to "waze" their way home to Mandaluyong. Finally, policemen arrived at the scene but they said hindi daw sila yung investigator sa mga road incidents. So we waited for the investigator until another policeman arrived saying that madami daw trabaho yung investigator so we have to bring the cars sa HQ nila which is near Petron sa Southstation Muntinlupa.

When we were there, ayan na. Iba na ang story nila, Their statement was that bigla na lang daw silang na hit sa likod. Of course, ang statement ko is kung ano ang tunay na nangyari,

Also, on a side note, hindi marunong magsulat at magbasa yung driver ng Innova so he had to be helped by the staff dun sa police HQ. I wonder how he was able to obtain a driver's license,,

So back to the incident, since the damage is not that Major and yung driver ng Innova is not admitting that he is at fault plus I think madami ding shortcoming ang investigator para makapag conclude kung sino nga ba ang nasa tama, my wife and I decided na, idadaan na lnag sa insurance since insured naman ang sasakyan. But to our surprise, the other party was saying na magdedemanda sila dahil sila daw ang binangga, at madami naman daw silang relatives na abogado.

need your advices po on what to do if they push through sa pag demanda. As for me, I dont have the fund right now para mag demanda din. Nakakalungkot lang isipin na ikaw na yung agranyado , babaligtarin pa ngayon na ikaw daw ang "at fault".

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Burphang View Post
    Good evening, I need your advise po on what to do sa situation na ito.

Last week, I was involved in a road incident. I was on my way home from Filinvest to Las Pinas. Traffic wasnt heavy but there was a slight build-up that time, incident happened near Mcdonalds along Alabang-Zapote road a little past 10PM. I was driving my Honda City and on my front is a Toyota Innova. Medyo slow moving ang mga sasakyan when suddenly instead of accelerating, pa-atras si Innova. I realiized na mababangga ako so busina nako ng busina until the Innova collided with my Honda City. My wife was first to approach them and driver of the Innova and his wife was apologizing, they are explaining how they are lost and they are trying to "waze" their way home to Mandaluyong. Finally, policemen arrived at the scene but they said hindi daw sila yung investigator sa mga road incidents. So we waited for the investigator until another policeman arrived saying that madami daw trabaho yung investigator so we have to bring the cars sa HQ nila which is near Petron sa Southstation Muntinlupa.

When we were there, ayan na. Iba na ang story nila, Their statement was that bigla na lang daw silang na hit sa likod. Of course, ang statement ko is kung ano ang tunay na nangyari,

Also, on a side note, hindi marunong magsulat at magbasa yung driver ng Innova so he had to be helped by the staff dun sa police HQ. I wonder how he was able to obtain a driver's license,,

So back to the incident, since the damage is not that Major and yung driver ng Innova is not admitting that he is at fault plus I think madami ding shortcoming ang investigator para makapag conclude kung sino nga ba ang nasa tama, my wife and I decided na, idadaan na lnag sa insurance since insured naman ang sasakyan. But to our surprise, the other party was saying na magdedemanda sila dahil sila daw ang binangga, at madami naman daw silang relatives na abogado.

need your advices po on what to do if they push through sa pag demanda. As for me, I dont have the fund right now para mag demanda din. Nakakalungkot lang isipin na ikaw na yung agranyado , babaligtarin pa ngayon na ikaw daw ang "at fault".
    you don't have a fund right now so you're here asking for our advice.

the way i look at it, you have a legal problem which you need a legal representation. no amount of advice can get you out from the mess you are in right now except you engage the services of a competent counsel.

you drive a Honda city (is it brand new?), most probably you cannot get the services of the public attorney's office because you can hardly be considered a pauper litigant.

my advice goes something like this, you file a criminal case against the driver for reckless imprudence resulting to damage to property. go to the police station and ask the police to file it for you. this is to give you leverage against the Innova owner or driver. you don't need a lawyer at this point because you have the prosecutor's office of the place where the crime was committed to represent for you.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This is an after-the-fact advice... Get a dashcam.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mas ok sir basahin mo ulit ang police report.. if naka lagay doon na siya ang bumanga di ayos na.. ngayon kung naka lagay doon na ikaw ang bumanga. Yari ka nga..
    Pag tapos mo na lusutan yan..invest ka na boss sa dashcam..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Mas ok sir basahin mo ulit ang police report.. if naka lagay doon na siya ang bumanga di ayos na.. ngayon kung naka lagay doon na ikaw ang bumanga. Yari ka nga..
    Pag tapos mo na lusutan yan..invest ka na boss sa dashcam..

the police report is not conclusive evidence, otherwise we don't need a court of law to thresh out a question of fact

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    the police report is not conclusive evidence, otherwise we don't need a court of law to thresh out a question of fact
    Pero kaylangan pa ba ito umabot sa dimadahan??
    If sa police report palang e nalaman na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Pero kaylangan pa ba ito umabot sa dimadahan??
    If sa police report palang e nalaman na.

di na kailangan. the case is very simple. the parties should be ashamed of themselves going to court and ask for redress. they just aggravate court dockets to new heights.

BUT, and there is always a but, people seeks justice. and there's no injustice greater than a person who is called to pay for something he did not owe in the first place.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    As per your story, ikaw ang naatrasan at nangyare ito sa gitna ng traffic.
    Since, wala kang substantial evidence like dashcam video at hindi naman umamin sa police report ang driver...mapa-fall talaga yan sa kung sinung bumangga sa rear sya ang may fault, ibig sabihin napakalapit mo at hindi nasunod ang 1 vehicle clearance.
    As per my experience, hindi mo pa kelangan ang lawyer sa ngayun meron pang 3 meeting kayo sa piscalya para mapag ayus ang lahat and usually kung minor scratches/dents lang ang damage dini-discourage na ng prosecutor ang magkabilang panig na wag ng ituloy ang demanda at mag-areglo na lng.
    For example " mag areglo na lang kayo, gusto mo bang makulong ng dahil lang sa halagang 20k?", " pag-usapan nyu na lang ito, maabala lang kayo pareho, at ikaw na nagdedemanda ang magbabayad ng php500 kada hearing at ang ganitong kaso inaabot ng taon bago madisisyunan"
    Kaya sa dulo, aregluhan din ang uwi ng lahat, not unless sadyang matigas kayu pareho at willing maabala at gumastos ng more than sa damage incurred 😄

sent from my Nokia 3210i

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i had same incident at paglabas pa lang ng sasakyan nung driver eh ako kagad sinisisi, kahit umaatras daw sya eh umabante daw ako. Although hindi mainit ulo ko nun dahil wala namang damage sa kin. pero naiinis ako pag naalala ko.

this incident prompted me to get a decent dashcam. Di mo pedeng iasa na magiging tapat ng tao ngayon, you need evidence.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Follow the advise of the lawyers here and on the side, get someone to vandalize that Innova para makabawi ka. Someone have to teach that asshole driver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast