New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OMG!

Im all for the no stoplight, all U-Turn policy of the MMDA, But in the busy intersection of C5 and Kalayaan????

What the heck were they thinking?!

Buti na lang madiskarte ako and I went home a bit early last night, pero i could only imagine the traffic which might have followed a bit later last evening.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You didn't notice the HUGE U-turns they were making there? It doesn't surprise me one bit. Traffic is going to suck big time tonight... I've already given up on EDSA... looks like I'm not taking C5 anymore either... haaaaay, buhay....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa may Libis walang isang araw na walang banggaan sa mga U-Turn slots, the only U-Turn scheme that I find logical and has worked as planned was Marcos Highway (Marikina/Antipolo).

C5/Libis is stupid...

C5/Kalayaan will be even worse!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Garabe na kasi ang traffic gowing south sa C5, from the pasig flyover up to kalayaan. And the cause is that the kalayaan/c5 intersection. That intersection badly needs a flyover.

But until then, the only solution MMDA can think of is closing that intersection.

I agree about the Libis U turn schemes being too dangerous. I have to go through it everyday, and I fear one day I might get struck if I come a accross a truck with bad breaks or a with a sleeping driver.

Ewan ko ba. Kasi kung di nila gawin ang U turn scheme SOBRANG traffic naman. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky, yeah i noticed, i pass there every single day. I just thought i was just one of their ningas-cogon thingamajigs.

Potek, kaya pala hindi umubra yung aking usual traffic gameplan.

I initaly thought that these holes in the island were for the u-turners going the opposite way (which makes sense really). Then when they put up the signs, i knew that it was no good. This morning meron nang harang ang kalayaan. ....

Some plans just dont merit testing.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I saw those signs as early as three months ago... Akala ko hindi na ma-i-implement ng MMDA. Kagabi, nakapag left turn pa ako from Kalayaan going to C5. May MMDA pa ngang nagta-traffic sa aming mga kumakaliwa eh. Oh well...

Those wavy u-turn road paint scheme after the C5-Kalayaan intersection does not help the traffic either. Ilang beses na ako muntikang mabunggo for following that wavy road / lane paint scheme. Dapat gawin na lang nilang island yon para talagang sundan ng mga sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti na lang di na ako sa Cainta nakatira at naiiwasan ko na ang mga daang iyan...

dapat kasi yung flyover eh dyan iniligay at di sa Julia Vargas-Meralco intersecti on...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Okay ang U turn slot, kahit pano nakatulong sa ibang lugar, pero sana naman lagyan nila ng maraming warning signs na "U turn ahead' na illuminated, siguro 2km palang pansin na up to the area ng U turn Slot. Flashing lights. at strobe light na PUCHA PINK favorite color ni BAYANI, para pansin agad kahit aantok antok pa ang PUCHANG DRIVERrrrrr.

Kung taga Metro Manila alam ang kalokohan ng MMDA. Eh, pano yung mga bagong salta, first time napa Manila lalo na sa madaling araw na tumatakbo ng 80-120km/hr sa C5, Commonwealth, Quezon Ave. at Edsa, BULAGA!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ess, yup, i totally agree with you on the lines painted on the road!!! Pucha parang IQ test na di mo maintindihan. Hehe.

It makes sense logically but not 'automotively'. Hindi ugali ng typical Pinoy drayber kasi sumunod sa lane markers e.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit maglagay tayo ng signs... the common driver doesnt even know what the signs really mean.. and most drivers dont really pay attention to the signs.. yung YIELD sign nga lang for the intersection at yellow box nde nasusunod.. paano pa kaya yan?..

as for sa mga bagong salta.. isa lang payo ko.. since bagong salta kayo. hinay hinay sa pagmamaneho.. dahil nde nyo kabisado ang kalsada.. 120KPH at c5 is already considered driving at a high speed.

i remember dati nung bago pa ang libis.. since madalas akong magdaan dun.. i practically knew the potholes kung san meron.. minsan may isang ogag na ewan ko ba.. convoy kami ng barkada ko.. nangcut tapos humarurot... kami naman.. since mga college boys pa.. mapride.. nakipaghatawan.. syempre.. sa amin kabisado namin ang kalsada.. so medyo swerve kami ng swerve.. yung nangcut.. i guess baguhan dun sa area.. at tuwang tuwa dahil open road.. hataw.. next thing we saw was him on the side of the road with a broken mags.... tawa kami ng tawa!!....

basta bagong salta sa isang lugar.. dont drive the way you drive on your turf... there are a lot of things that can surprise you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
No Left Turns in C5/Kalayaan???