New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I'm just recuperating from a very traumatic experience i had with Universal Motors Corporations dealer Car and Recreational Vehicles Corp. ( CRVI) Pasong Tamo....

I agreed to sign a waiver stating not to disclose any of their crap and not to sue their ass as long as i got my full refund but to hell with their waiver.... its my moral obligation to share my story and to prevent others to be in the same dilemma

i was minding my own business yesterday when the sales rep called me yesterday blabbing **** again they he didn't made and income due to the incident we had etc etc... so i asked him what happened to the unit i returned?
    "we are planning to sell it to a potential client as of the moment it is being detailed etc for it to look sparkling new" (talk about being a moron telling me what they are doing to the unit after what happened) kawawa naman ang susunod na makakakuha nitong unit kung hinde malakas ang loob magreklamo..

well here my story ill just paste my letter to them just to give you guys a primer of the incident

March 28, 2008

To:

The person in charge,

Eric Lucero
    Nissan CRVI
    Salesman

The General Manager,

This is regarding the Nissan Patrol GU m/t (super safari), I purchased last March 7, 2008. I got the unit March 8, 2008 at the CRVI showroom which I assumed was a fresh unit.

Upon ocular inspection I found out that:
    There are heaps water marks on the roof
    Swirl marks or hairline scratches all over the vehicles body (dominant on hood, fenders and front bumper)
    Bubbles on tint of rear glass panel
    Creases on the tint of the front windshield
    Step board has plastic film chippings

(I told Mr. Lucero regarding my irks about the unit before signing their delivery receipt)

When I got home
    I conducted a more detailed inspection
    Front fog lamps (FL) has rattles
    Right front headlamp in not smooth to touch (also has water marks)
    Creases of the vehicle has residue build up and paint discoloration (when the side mirror is folded, underneath rubber weather strips etc.)

All these concerns added to my doubt. Which why I immediately brought the attention to CRVI’s Gen Manager Ms. Cecille Mabutas; who assured me that the unit was a new stock and she stated “it was impossible to have a patrol GU that was produced back in 2007, all the units would have been sold by this time”
    I took her word for it, even thou when I went under the vehicle there were tell tale signs that the unit was produced first quarter last year.

It was only a few days ago when I popped up the hood I found out that the battery warranty started May 2007… alarmed I checked further and found out that the trip meter, which I didn’t reset from the day I picked up the unit doesn’t match with the total number traveled indicated on the odometer. Granted the fact that the unit was driven from the plant to showroom it would only show a +/- difference of 50kms. Using Luneta as a marker it would be 0kms and UP Los Baños is 65kms away from Manila. (Nissan plant is much nearer; you do the math)

Additional concerns
    Front bumper is not aligned properly
    Vehicle interior is dirty on some places (left side panel area hidden by jump seat, right front passenger grab handles, rear right carpet has an adhesive stain and can only be seen when matting is removed)
    I found out upon checking with other dealerships their new units have protective plastics covering the wood panel (mine had none when I picked it up)
    I also found a few coins and a used pencil and a piece of edible nut under the carpet of front driver’s seat. (not a demo unit?)

P.S.

By all means if customer satisfaction is your primary conern…

If my opinion is to be asked (I would like the Unit to be replaced with a newly produced one; since it is less than a month old and its just sitting in our garage) and keep all matters silent and private.

… If things wouldn’t turn out favorable to a person who shelled out almost 2.5 million alleviate him the feeling of being short changed
    Various car forums such as www.tsikot.com, www.4x4ph.com, www.autoindustriya.ph and www.kotse.com who has thousands of readers each day would also help ease my frustrations… I wont hesitate to share my story with them and others if all my angst, doubts and complaints are not settled by Sunday (the power off free speech)

However things turn out I am also considering bringing this case to court if all means are exhausted.

Best regards
    Sheep
    0917xxxxxxx
    0917xxxxxxx
    046xxxxxxx
    046xxxxxxx
    02xxxxxxxx

oh by the way the unit was pulled out and refunded via managers check as per my request....why? because they already told me the truth " Universal motors corp wouldn't be producing new super safari units until may this year"

FYI: i paid the unit in full!!! CASH!!! this is how they treat their clients!!! i was even thinking of getting an nissan urvan estate early next year..... damn nissan

what a bunch of liars!!!!

and to those who will comment that i'm just fabricating this story up i have receipts and acknowledgment waivers and other documents with me that i can post if given time

and smart asses that will comment "damn if you do damn if you dont" i was planning really to shut up but i just feel like its my moral obligation to share this story to you guys so as to prevent this from happening in the future (after na nalaman ko na binibihisan ulit ang unit para ibigay sa iabng clients)

and it just proves na hinde no return no exchange in the philippines...you just have to know how to play your cards

cheers

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    damn sir , thats a lot of hassel for a newly bought car. 2.5M is not a joke, they should certainly make a conscious effort to be more client friendly.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    damn sir , thats a lot of hassel for a newly bought car. 2.5M is not a joke, they should certainly make a conscious effort to be more client friendly.

actually client friendly...in terms of service etc yes they are....
    but the fact that they are not being honest with their transaction

they should have informed me if they have no unit available....and if i would be interested on a demo unit instead

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Not to mention demo units typically have HUGE discounts ...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ahhh... nagkamali ako ng intindi... sorry.

pero in the end mali pa din sila talaga... sana na lang naging honest sila sa mga sasakyan na benta nila.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wow. 2.5M, you could've bought a current model Pajero with that kind of money.

or a Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 CRDi + i30 CRDi sedan (if you like diesels).

or a Subaru FXT + Impreza WRX (if you love petrol)...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ambobo naman salesrep nun talagang in-admit nya lahat hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sad to hear your story sir..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    so.. I just need to buy a new patrol after May..hehe

a lot of dealership also practice this.. kahit non-nissans.

thanks for the input sir.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've had our shares of new-old-stock units (one was from Nissan pa). But always under full disclosure that the units were indeed NOS.

How 'fresh' from the factory do you want your cars to be? Just a friendly question.

Some brand new cars can be almost a year old before being sold. But because they remain unregistered and unused (at the stockyard, shipping yard, customs, etc before landing at the dealer) they are still considered new.

And the date on the parts are only rough approximations since the parts are sometimes ordered way ahead of the actual vehicle assembly date.

Still, its nice to know you got what you wanted.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan CRVi Pasong Tamo