New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Too many near misses to count.

Was driving on the innermost ring of Elliptical road earlier this evening (around 20 minutes ago). No problem with traffic 'til I reach this white Isuzu Crosswind (the lifted-up versions) on the 2nd to the innermost lane (which is to my right) who kept jerking the steering wheel towards me every time I attempt to pass.

My 160bhp vs. his 85bhp isn't really rocket science so on the next opening I flew past him before he could shut the door again. Then traffic slowed down again as vehicles were turning into Commonwealth Avenue. I guess he got pissed off with my pass because he pulled to my left and did a very fast pass and I knew he was working it hard because of all the black smoke he was making.

I guess he didn't see the two vehicles making a u-turn at the end of Commonwealth because he almost slammed onto them head on during his blaze of glory.

So I pull back, just driving some distance behind him (no choice, other lanes occupied). I knew he was gonna do a brake check on me and when he did boy was it a barrel of laughs. He pulls ahead smoking like crazy then slams on the brakes maybe not thinking that the road is wet and there is a Toyota Corolla on his right side. So he slams the brakes and his rear end swings to the right! Nearly sideswiping the Corolla.

I guess napahiya siya ng kaunti because after that he again pulls ahead driving in the leftmost lane (intended for u-turn) then at the last minute cuts all the vehicles so he could go straight further! This was getting dangerous. Tried to take some pics and videos but medyo malabo.

I finally lost him on the Tandang Sora flyover as he was trying to cut off vehicles and get ahead of them.

Baka lang po makasabay niyo. Doesn't really care about other road users.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Silly driver, thinking his heavy dinosaur can behave like a performance car.

Would've been funnier if his engine overheated out due to him pushing it hard, though. That would've been the perfect karma.

I dunno what is it with idiots like these and their aversion of being passed. It's like they feel their ego is being checked whenever somebody passes them because they were driving too slowly.

"Mayabang 'tong nagovertake sa akin ah! Unahan ko nga at i-cut ko para matauhan."

And then proceed to have an accident. The stupid twit.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hindi kinaya nang ego niya yung pag-overtake niyo sir otep hehe. pero sir, yung ginagawa niyang pagharang sa inyo during overtaking is dangerous, walanghiyang driver ito.

I admit, I drive fast too but what can I say, there is always someone faster hindi ba, paunahin nalang. eh itong Xwind pinilit yung dinosaur niyang kumarera hahaha.

ang masama pa dito, muntikan pa siyang makadisgrasya nang marami. buti sir anticipated niyo yung brake check niya hehe.

to NHI 799 driver, ayusin mo next time ang pagmamaneho mo. ang mahal nang binili mong sasakyan tapos gusto mo pala nang matulin sana nag-Tucson ka nalang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat nagpatalo ka sa neck-to-neck unahan... para matuwa naman yung kawawang mokong. :D

I had a similar incident with a Ford pickup before (friggin tailgating me for no reason... going out of our subdivision, pinauna ko, pininahan pa ako). Just love those idiots who think brake checking and cutting closely will scare other drivers; especially when you're laughing your heart's content and you can see how pissed he is.

In the end, (tama ginawa mo Otep), its always a matter of keeping cool and staying out of harm's way (i learned this the hard way).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Baka taga Tierra Pura, paaabang ko sa security!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Tuwang tuwa doc sa bagong Crosswind niya Minsan lang rin ako dumaan dyan sa Elliptical na yan pero iba talaga kultura ng karamihan dyan. walang paki kung magpalit ng lane/s. sumisignal nga pero mas mabilis pa pagpasok kesa blink ng signal nila

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir XTO baka kamukha ko lang na ilang taon na dumadaan diyan pero hindi pa din makabisado ang susunod na kalye kaya biglang lalabas ng lane hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of brake test, pag ginawa mo sa Crosswind yan with your Patrol GU and make him ram into your rear, guaranteed ang outcome ay parang walang nangyari sa GU. The Crosswind on the other hand will be smoking its coolant away and be towed by the towing vultures on Commonwealth.

Proven na yan sa Safari ni Glennster dati.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagmamaneho din ako ng Crosswind from time to time (XT version nga lang) so I know the performance of that rig. Good everyday transport but don't go playing with the bigger rigs.

Actually, natakot ako para dun sa ibang motorist because they were put in danger. I could've gotten a ringside seat if something stupid really happened.

Yes vinj, I remember that incident. The other vehicle was rendered undriveable but Glenn's Safari survived unharmed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    there are so many stupid drivers here in ph.. lalo na mga idiots na buong buhay nila eh isuzu diesel engine at toyota 5k lang ang alam na makina.. wala din awareness ang mga iyan sa vehicle safety kaya ganyan magpatakbo.. siguro super proud sya sa xwind nya at akala nya eh may laban sya sa patrol... feeling nya siguro trooper yung dala nya helllooowww

natatawa lang ako pag kasabay ko yan mga yan sa daan eh pinapauna ko na lang kasi parehas lang naman na makararating sa paroroonan..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
NHI 799 Isuzu Crosswind on Commonwealth Avenue