New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    "Congressman’s son cheats death

The Philippine Star 03/21/2006

The only son of Manila Rep. Bienvenido Abante cheated death when he and a cousin walked away with minor injuries from an accident that left their car a total wreck in Makati City last Sunday night.

Benny Fog Abante, 18, and his cousin Sammy Jun Abante, 37, suffered nothing more than scratches after their Mazda 3 sedan plowed into a steel railing before slamming into a lamppost along Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue at 10:30 p.m.

The car, which was sporting House of Representatives "8" plates, was being driven by the older cousin.

They were cruising on the eastbound lane going to EDSA when the driver lost control of the wheel while trying to avoid a passenger jeepney.

The car hit the road divider and rammed a steel post.

Senior Police Officer 4 Oscar Alicando said the two were lucky to be alive. – Michael Punongbayan "

Glad they're ok and all, but bakit nila gamit government car in the first place, hopefully official business at 10:30pm. Taxes natin nagbayad sa kotse at gas nun eh. And since wrecked yung car, Taxes din natin magbabayad sa bago nilang kotse.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    "8" plate cars are not necessarily government vehicles. They can be privately owned.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    then i hope it was a private car. We had a congressman neighbor before and i know they had a government car so issumed that the car in the news was also, maybe i'm mistaken.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    comment ako mga sir, ang alam ko sa older daughter ni congressman abante yan and tama si sir wildthing not all "8" plates are government vehicles, ka church kc namin sila..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes tama sila sir pag government vehicle red plate yan, yun mga may no. 8 na plates are private cars of congressman

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It may be true that the vehicle is indeed privately owned by the congressman but is the nephew a congressman as well? The congressman plate "8" should only be used when the congressman is on board.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pero OK yang Mazda 3, mataas siguro ang safety rating. scratches lang tamo nila.
    Last edited by herbularyo; March 21st, 2006 at 01:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    labo yata nung "plate must only be used when congressman on board"...does that mean you need to travel with a screwdriver and extra license plates everytime you want to borrow dad's car or have his driver drive you somewhere?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    They were cruising on the eastbound lane going to EDSA when the driver lost control of the wheel while trying to avoid a passenger jeepney.
    Nung napanood ko yung news sa 24oras sabi nung isang witness wala naman daw silang iniwasan na sasakyan labo...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Pero asar pa rin ako sa mga naka-OTSO.......i wish lahat ng naka-8 ay madisgrasya para mabawasan ang mga abusadong motorists...I hope this is a curse for them para tanggalin na yang number 8 na yan! Law breaker sila instead of lawmaker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
In the news...