New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Beware! New Text Scam Targets Mothers
    By Koji Arsua on October 12, 2014

The creative industry in the Philippines is improving by leaps and bounds. Proof? Thieves and con artists are becoming more creative in ways they can get money from you. One of the most popular modus is through text, where they will trick you into sending load to a balikbayan relative, or to switch your phone off for service maintenance (and then proceed to contact your parent to ask for ransom money), or that you have won an imaginary contest. Indeed, if you’re not careful, you can be fooled by these text messages.

There is a new text scam that’s targeting mothers. In the new modus, the con artist will send a message to a mother, pretending to be their child. They will say that they are texting from a doctor’s cellphone, and that they are in an accident. The “doctor” will then reply, saying that the child is in the operating room.

The caption reads,

PLEASE SHARE THIS SO THAT MOTHERS YOU KNOW CAN AVOID WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND MY MOM.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMER!! 09089105437

WHOEVER YOU ARE, WAG KA NANG MANGBIKTIMA NG MGA INOSENTENG INA NA NAGMAMALASAKIT AT NAGMAMAHAL NG TUNAY SA ANAK NIYA!!! ISA KANG SALOT SA MUNDONG ITO!! TANDAAN MO, ALAM NG KARMA KUNG SAAN KA NAKATIRA!!

HINDI MO ALAM YUNG STRESS AT PAGAALALANG IDINULOT MO SA NANAY KO!! WALANG HIYA KA!! KUNG PINALAKI KA NG MAGULANG MO SA GANYANG PARAAN, DI KO KASALANAN YAN!! LOKOHIN MO NANG SARILI MO PERO WAG LANG ANG IBANG TAO!!!!

NAGAWA MO PANG MANGABALA NG MGA KAPAMILYA AT KAIBIGAN NG NANAY KO PARA LANG MASIGURONG LIGTAS AKO!!!

SABIHAN BA NAMAN NA CRITICAL AKO DAHIL SA AKSIDENTE DAW AT KAILANGAN DAW NG LOAD PARA LANG MAKATAWAG SA BLOOD BANK? ISANG MALAKING KAPUTANGINAHAN!!!

I AM VIGILANT AS F*CK SA MGA TAONG GANITO, AND I’LL LET KARMA KNOCK YOUR LIFE INTO THE DEEPEST SH*T OF HELL!!! AND I’D BE DAMNED THAT’S FOR SURE!! NONETHELESS, F*CK YOU DR. MENDOZA KUNO!!!

PLEASE SHARE THIS TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW, ESPECIALLY MOTHERS THAT ARE QUITE SUSCEPTIBLE TO THIS KIND OF SCAMS SINCE IT INVOLVES THE WELFARE OF THEIR CHILDREN

The rough translation is:

Please share this so that mothers you know can avoid what happened to me and my mom.

Beware of this scammer! 09089105437

Whoever you are, stop victimizing innocent mothers who love and care for their children! Remember, karma knows where you live!

You don’t know the stress you gave my mom! You have no shame! It’s not my fault if your parents raised you like that. You can fool yourself but don’t fool other people!

You had the nerve to harass the friends and relatives of my mom, who made sure I was safe!

It’s craziness to say that I’m in critical condition because of an accident, and that he needed cellphone load to call the blood bank?

I am vigilant as f*ck against people like this, and I’ll let karma knock your life into the deepest sh*t of hell! And I’d be damned, that’s for sure! Nonetheless, f*ck you, Dr. Mendoza!

Please share this to people you know, especially mothers that are quite susceptible to these kinds of scams since it involves the welfare of their children.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 13th, 2014 at 08:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    well as the saying goes, walang maloloko kung walang magpapaloko.

Scamming with the use of technology, sa panahon natin andali rin mag verify ng information through technology din.

in short huwag gullible!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang bobo. Why didn't she call her chid's phone first?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or why not call instead of text so you can, if it is true, talk to your child? tangengot din e!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    di ako naaawa sa mga naloloko nan, napaka tanga mo naman kasi para maloko ng mga ganyan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ayan na naman kayo, ang victim na naman ang tinitira niyo.

Parang sa rape eh noh? Na-rape, kasi ang laswa ng suot? Tama ba?

Eh malay niyo, nagtugma-tugma pala ang lahat, kaya kaagad nagpanic kaagad yung Mother? Like say, nag-out of town yung anak, or ilang araw ng hindi umuuwi yung anak, or may history pala sila na meron ng nadisgrasya?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Ayan na naman kayo, ang victim na naman ang tinitira niyo.

Parang sa rape eh noh? Na-rape, kasi ang laswa ng suot? Tama ba?

Eh malay niyo, nagtugma-tugma pala ang lahat, kaya kaagad nagpanic kaagad yung Mother? Like say, nag-out of town yung anak, or ilang araw ng hindi umuuwi yung anak, or may history pala sila na meron ng nadisgrasya?

di ako kasali don sa sinasabi mo na sinisisi yung na rape ha. rape is rape regardless of what the reason. this is a very different situation and could easily be avoided.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    di ako kasali don sa sinasabi mo na sinisisi yung na rape ha. rape is rape regardless of what the reason. this is a very different situation and could easily be avoided.
    Sabagay, different situations, and different gravity. Pero sabi ko nga "parang"

The problem is, andami kasing factors na hindi nacoconsider, kaagad sinasabihang bobo and tanga?

Kung sa nanay ninyo kaya nangyari yan, bobo and tanga din?

Kaya dapat, matuloy na talaga yung sim registration.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i also receive this kind of spam text. minsan pinagti-tripan kong sagutin. sa dinamidami na ng mga warnings about this kind of scam, people should not easily fall for this anymore. but there are exceptions, kaya text scammers still thrive

meron pa yung na charge yung mobile account mo daw for some amount and they would ask you to key in a number to credit it back to your account, yun pala pasa load

meron din yung roaming number ng kamag anak mo kuno

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sa panahon ngayon hindi masasamang tao mag aadjust sayo, hindi ka kakaawaan. Predator and prey.

I suggest let everyone be informed, ako i briefed already my relatives in cases like this. Bigyan mo ng set of options.

*Slapz

wala naman rape sa issue, don't generalize. no excuse can justify rape. peace!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast