New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'll try testing it tonight.

I'm planning an "expedition" to test the waters tomorrow morning, as we're planning a seminar in Tagaytay on Friday, and people have to be warned as to how bad it'll be. I'll probably do a 6am trip, then turn around and try at 7 or later.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [QUOTE=IMm29;758168]
    ryan17,
    oh, their franchise is expiring already? ang tapang nila magtaas ng presyo ng toll, tapos ganito ang palakad nila? kunwari sa pag-a-aspalto napupunta ang binabayad natin? if they want to charge NLEX rates, they should give some NLEX service.

I'm afraid SLEX users will be in for a toll fee shock after this PNCC circus, similar to what happened after the Skyway construction, where commuters were made to endure traffic hell and were greeted with astronomical toll fee increases afterwards. Please check this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34887

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakita ko yesterday nilagyan nanila ng cones seperators yun exit..so para sa mga magexit dapat pumla na kaagad dahil pag sa alabang palang kayo papasok meron na nakahrang na plastic cones

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'll try testing it tonight.

I'm planning an "expedition" to test the waters tomorrow morning, as we're planning a seminar in Tagaytay on Friday, and people have to be warned as to how bad it'll be. I'll probably do a 6am trip, then turn around and try at 7 or later.
    With the northbound traffic, you'll still have enough time to stop for some breakfast at Jollibee Sucat. ;)

[QUOTE=ryan17;758224]
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I'm afraid SLEX users will be in for a toll fee shock after this PNCC circus, similar to what happened after the Skyway construction, where commuters were made to endure traffic hell and were greeted with astronomical toll fee increases afterwards. Please check this thread: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34887
    Yeah, darn! Here we go again. Same thing happened for NLEX. But at least, with NLEX, though it's expensive, you get good, safe highways with free flowing traffic. SLEX?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    nakita ko yesterday nilagyan nanila ng cones seperators yun exit..so para sa mga magexit dapat pumla na kaagad dahil pag sa alabang palang kayo papasok meron na nakahrang na plastic cones
    Yup, they did this yesterday morning. Di ko lang alam kung hanggang anong oras nakalagay dun yung cones. They were on the side, hidden from public view at 1030 pm. Together with any semblance of traffic enforcement in the area.

Guys you should try exiting at sucat then go through bf homes and exit at toyota alabang, most of the time masikip dun pag palabas and the guard wouldn't somehow notice you if you're not a resident.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here we go...

The Filinvest exit southbound is now closed. As of this morning at around 7:20 am, southbound traffic was flowing smoothly. I did not notice any plastic cones or barriers separating South Station bound traffic from traffic headed to Alabang and beyond, so there were some buses still on the rightmost lane. Luckily, as mentioned earlier, traffic was flowing smoothly, so no problems yet. Fingers crossed that this won't deteriorate quickly. How rush hour tonight will be remains to be seen.

Going back to last night, I was in queue for South Station at about 10:15. Lucky for PNCC the many buses headed for Alabang, effectively clogging the South Station lane last Tuesday night were not there, and lucky for me and other South Station-bound motorists, it did not take forever to get to the turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotBlood View Post
    Guys you should try exiting at sucat then go through bf homes and exit at toyota alabang, most of the time masikip dun pag palabas and the guard wouldn't somehow notice you if you're not a resident.
    Yep, looks like this is the next best alternative.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ngayong na ang advetise na opening nila, hope magiging maayos naman ang traffic dyan...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Updates:

As of Thursday, Feb 22, 5:45 pm, traffic was flowing quite smoothly at the Alabang/South Station area. Trucks and buses were still hogging the lane headed for South Station though. The plastic cones dividing the queues for the exits where nowhere to be found. There's a sign at the turnoff that reads "Buses take South Station". What gives?

As of Friday, Feb 23, 7:45 am, traffic was flowing smoothly. Still no cones.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Tingnan natin bukas. Usually Saturdays ang traffic sa exit ng filinvest.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    More Updates:

Traffic prior to and in the turn off area on the ff dates and times was flowing smoothly:
    - Friday, 10:30 pm
    - Saturday, 6:30 pm
    - Sunday, 9:40 pm

No bus or truck queues at Alabang were observed at these times which is why the general flow was good. Here's hoping PNCC can be attentive enough to deploy the necessary personnel at this area in case the queues extend to the area prior to the turn off.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
(New) South Station Exit along SLEX