New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    May bagong gimmick na naman ang mga ungas...

Somebody will place a small plastic bag full of paint or ink that is barely noticeable on the road, and when you run over it, the contents will splash/burst all over the side of your car, tires etc.

Their accomplices will be following on a motorcycle, waiting for you stop and get out when you notice the vandalism, or pag nainip, will try to flag you down pointing out the stains.

Cheaper than the old bump your car and rob you when you inspect the damage routine, and more effective than leaving spikes/nails on the road which doesn't work fast enough on tubeless tires..

Baka nga lumang style na ito eh, pero active na naman sila

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    many years ago, it was a group of guys, all pointing to your tire and shouting, "yung gulong... sumasayad sa daan!"
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    May bagong gimmick na naman ang mga ungas...

Somebody will place a small plastic bag full of paint or ink that is barely noticeable on the road, and when you run over it, the contents will splash/burst all over the side of your car, tires etc.

Their accomplices will be following on a motorcycle, waiting for you stop and get out when you notice the vandalism, or pag nainip, will try to flag you down pointing out the stains.

Cheaper than the old bump your car and rob you when you inspect the damage routine, and more effective than leaving spikes/nails on the road which doesn't work fast enough on tubeless tires..

Baka nga lumang style na ito eh, pero active na naman sila
    Saan area ginagawa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Close to home. Sa may Ortigas

Wala rin ako sa Pinas ngayon, but na advise ko na rin lahat ng lady drivers sa bahay.
    Better to be informed/alert lang naman, but not unduly alarmed.

Nakakainis mga gumagawa nito.

Imbes na magtrabaho ng maayos and gumastos lang ng tama sa kinikita nila, gagamitin ang talino sa kag*guhan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hay naku. Maynila nga naman. If ever those things happen, you should always have the presence of mind to always be suspicious. Don’t stop, don’t talk to strangers, keep all doors locked all the time. If you need to stop, sa may police station or gas station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Nag double post.

Hirap sa phone mag forum, prefer ko talaga sa pc

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Hay naku. Maynila nga naman. If ever those things happen, you should always have the presence of mind to always be suspicious. Don’t stop, don’t talk to strangers, keep all doors locked all the time. If you need to stop, sa may police station or gas station.
    Yes, you are right. But in reality, there are times when you are not on guard & alert- it's not possible without becoming paranoid and neurotic

I just raised the red flag today para on guard tayo. Hindi ako nag so-social media & am one of those "weird" people who really don't have an FB account.

===
    One bad thing about this is, either way, na vandalize/stain pa rin kotse mo, even if you manage to avoid getting robbed or your car stolen

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hindi ako nag so-social media & am one of those "weird" people who really don't have an FB account.
    you and me..
    we're not weird.
    we are simply happy where we are.
    OT.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Yes, you are right. But in reality, there are times when you are not on guard & alert- it's not possible without becoming paranoid and neurotic

I just raised the red flag today para on guard tayo. Hindi ako nag so-social media & am one of those "weird" people who really don't have an FB account.

===
    One bad thing about this is, either way, na vandalize/stain pa rin kotse mo, even if you manage to avoid getting robbed or your car stolen
    I am naturally wary of speaking to strangers, especially those who are overly friendly without any reason to be.
    Once, in the SLEX, I stopped over in TOTAL in the evening, tired & sleepy. As I got off, this guy approached me saying my Terrano model can be determined by a label at the seatbelts. I just said “good” & left to go to the washroom. Only then did I realize that if I had been amiable & opened my car to check it with this friendly guy, It is possible that that was a scam.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I am naturally wary of speaking to strangers, especially those who are overly friendly without any reason to be.
    Once, in the SLEX, I stopped over in TOTAL in the evening, tired & sleepy. As I got off, this guy approached me saying my Terrano model can be determined by a label at the seatbelts. I just said “good” & left to go to the washroom. Only then did I realize that if I had been amiable & opened my car to check it with this friendly guy, It is possible that that was a scam.

i am wondering what he had in mind..
    it's a terrano... hijacking an ancient beetle or any toyota would have been more profitable..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 28th, 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast